Fairphone 3

>User serviceable phone
>Snapdragon 632
>4GB RAM
>€450

Attached: 1542667248145.jpg (665x660, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fWQgukQyqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1537188692674.jpg (2139x779, 274K)

battery life @ 250cd/m2

Attached: 1558626048363.png (738x298, 10K)

>Snapdragon 632
>4GB RAM
For
>€450
This, and the rest of the specs is why it's bad.

shill thread

In a sea of unending inconsequential trite product rereleases, this and the librem are pretty much the only worthwhile considerations for me. Now if they could just merge the fair production /ressources thing into purism

Name a better phone.
If galaxy s10 was 450 I'd still buy Fairphone.

Pine phone if you're going all in on shit tier open source hardware for phones. At least it's only $150.

Redmi 7 3/32 is a fucking $100

An old ZTE axon 7 with twrp, and custom rom is better than this garbage. Same goes for lg v20/30.

>Fairphone
>Type: Privately held company
>Headquarters Amsterdam, Netherlands
>450€
Why am I not surprised, it's 150€ phone with 300€ make me rich fast capitalist tax. Hope based chinks will copy idea.

>a useless toaster

>Hope based chinks will copy idea.
It's probably a rebranded chinkphone.

literally the best design on the market
i might get it

>companies bad
>communism good

Attached: 1558545278092.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Alright, they're equally good. It's cheaper but weaker.

>malware/spyware pre-installed
>unserviceable
>dead pixels at the top of the screen
>round corner display
It's utter garbage. I wouldn't waste more than 5$ on it and even then I'd sell it.

>useless toaster
For $150. Price fits the specs while fair phone doesn't.

>fits the specs

It won't run android by default. It doesn't need high specs to compensate for garbage optimization and Java's shit speed.

>it's useless so it can cost $150 for being paperweight

>useless
Android gaming isn't useful

>android is only gaming
go be a smoothbrain over at some hipster subreddit

muh please take my money... fucking bootlicker

what are you typing on now? a keyboard hooked up to a computer that was not made by a company?

That company doesn't make shit tho, they only sell their idea which they value double the actual hardware made by some chink company that is actually more fair than they are.

>companies don't make things

Asus Zenfone max m1
>5.99"
>1080x2160
>SD636
>Headphone jack
>FM radio
>5000mah battery
>NFC
>Custom Roms/firmware available
$150.00-$180.00 brand new without deal hunting.
This phone is literally better than the fair phone 3 across in every aspect, and costs less.

Yea I buy used V series LG phones for the senpai. They're cheap and reliable. G series is even cheaper too.

They're still available new, and still cheaper than fair phone 3.

>Zenfone
and that is user serviceable? nope.

The only attractive thing about those specs is being user-serviceable, and even then it's highly dependant on spare parts
Looking how it's a no-name, there aren't going to be many
Not to mention 450 doollaridoos just for that single feature is way too expensive
Even an lg g3 is better for that price
Better cpu, better camera and 3gb of ram, while being user-serviceable

Fuck off shill, nobody cares about your scam phone

It's a $150, and I've "serviced" more challenging phones. Now is paying a premium for the equally as "serviceable" fairfone 3 with shittier specs worth it, because they focused marketing on the most retarded aspect of smartphone ownership?
>muh cheaper out on build materials like double-faced tape behind battery
lil it's user "serviceable"

see, it isn't and is not comparable.

Axon 7 is top tier, its fucking indestructible as well. I had to replace battery and that's about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fWQgukQyqY
Seems as serviceable. In fact most cheap chinkshit phones are serviceable because they are hand assembled. The fairfone 3 is in this category, but you just pay for worse hardware.

>Seems as serviceable.
holy shit you have fucking clue about anything do you? just fuck off and shill anus phones elsewhere

>holy shit you have fucking clue about anything do you?
I'm able to repair smartphones, and electronics. Have you even?
>just fuck off and shill anus phones elsewhere
Nigger I used an Asus as an example, and you the fagphone dicksucker is the only shill in thread.

>board where dual core thinkpads are venerated for their serviceability
>shits on the Fairphone, which is the only decent alternative to this shitty glued together android smartphones landscape, because “the price doesn’t match the specs”
Wow, I expected you retards to jump at this opportunity. Guess I’ll spend my 450€ and keep my phone in perfect condition with cheap spare parts and lineageOS updates until the end of time while you suck on that chink or spyware corporate cock

Why do you need more than 4gb ram?

>Fairphone
what a faggy name. sounds like some my pony cringe antifa fags would make

>virtue signalling the phone
Even has a cringy fucking slogan.

Any chink "flagship killer" for same price or less if you look at previous year models is just as serviceable.

>fairphone only claim to fame us muh serviceablity
>Other phones exists that are just as serviceable, but for cheaper, and with better hardware
Gee I fucking wonder why anons are shitting on that piece of shit overpriced fairphone...

You probably wouldn't even fix it yourself if anything broke.

The issue is that the phone being user serviceable doesn't actually matter much if the hardware is going to be out of date. My Moto X4, which is two years old and a hell of a lot cheaper, has comparable specs and more ram. And frankly, it's been a little sluggish in some modern apps. Not its fault that they're bloated as fuck, but that's the nature of the beast.

A better focus would probably be a highly recyclable phone with that same responsible sourcing. The extra money to make a phone you won't repair repairable really isn't worth it, not with those specs.

>that battery
Lel, trash.

>just as serviceable means that you need to buy from fuck-knows-where knockoff refurbished parts and then spend your evening in the garage with strange tools and hot air blowers and the constant fear of fucking up the instructions a fat neck beard posted on ifixit
I guess that surface laptops are just as serviceable as thinkpads now

>3000mah battery
vs
>5000mah battery
I'd rather get the Asus. Shit even the lg v20 has better specs, and battery, so does the v10.

>8 adds in an 11 minutes vid

Attached: anthony_burchs_wife.jpg (500x499, 100K)

This

Install AOSP.

False equivalent.
>knock off parts
It's the same parts that every smartphone builder uses. Thetes only a handful of companies that make the parts you fucking retard.
>spend your evening in the garage with strange tools and hot air blowers and the constant fear of fucking up the instructions a fat neck beard posted on ifixit
And what the fuck are you even servicing on a fairphone? Upgrading
>Ram
>Soc
>Storage
>Dac
>Camera
>Etc
For the price they're charging they could have just upgraded everything for you in the first place. Like the fucking ROG 2 is $500 same with blackshark 2, Zenfone 6, there's tons of phones better out of the box than that shitty dutchphone chinkshit rebrand.

>adds
You know there's a well known trick for that.

I do. But I'm not going to give (View)s and by extension more reach to cunts like that.

>give them views
There's a well known trick for that as well.

I'm not doing it just so I can see what some retard posted on 4channel.org. I'm shitposting from a shitter. Shitterposting if you will :^)

Based fairphone ripping off all the dumb faggots.

You seem intelligent.

You're just masking the fact that you're willingly buying and funding malware

>450 eu
>charger and cable is not included
wtf?

Attached: file.png (568x440, 37K)

It's not that strange to assume that people have a crapton of USB-C chargers and cables these days.

Glad they reached 3, though why the hell is the design still so boring and the front camera placement so ugly? I almost bought the first one before Android became just unbearably shit.

Apparently they sources materials from less horrible places and check that most of the supply chain doesn't treat the workers like shit. It's not supposed to be the biggest bang for the buck.

Sometimes I'm surprised just how dumb Jow Forums is. They aren't being exactly subtle with their name. Why the hell would they include chargers when it goes against the companies values?

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro got better specs, is bezel-free, got a super amoled panel, superior camera, it comes with a fast charger, USB-C cable and earphones.

And it cost me 399 EUR.

Why the fuck should I buy your shitty virtue signalling phone over Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro?

Yeah, it's a scam product. They're virtue signalling and claiming "we are improving the environment" when the phone is made in fucking China lmao.

>bezel-free
>good
pick one

/mu/

Looks pretty good to me desu. Although I won't buy it because Pine Phone is coming out and my 2 phones still work.

>bezel-free
Translation: disgusting and unusable
>Xiaomi
Translation: spyware machine
>399 EUR
Translation: buyer's remorse

>You're just masking the fact that you're willingly buying and funding malware
Yeah... Totally... By deliberately recommending you to not use MIUI. Infallible logic.

>€450
>for a Snap 632
fuck off

You're paying for MIUI, retard.

It has the cool iPhone 5 shaped angles but the stuff inside just looks so cheap. At least they could've make the front camera stand out less. Even the logo is such an abomination, their website is pretty decent so they should've an designer to find something more catchy.

No need to be sarcastic. I really am, I swear, nigga.

>You're paying for MIUI, retard.
Doesn't fucking matter when you have the choice of not using it. And almost everyone on this board isn't using it. Don't kid yourself to think any other OEM firmware is any better.

>Doesn't fucking matter
It does.

looks like a phone from 2013

for competitor in industrySector:
competitor = competitor + 1
profitMargin = profitMargin - 1
if profitMargin == 0:
break

Fuck Purism, they rebranded a bunch of FOSS and tried to pass it off as their own. PINEPHONE gang, reporting in.

That's a good thing. All popular phones made in the last 3 years look ugly as fuck.

>they rebranded a bunch of FOSS
So?
>tried to pass it off as their own
They didn't. You can literally check the source code, comments and everything.

Tell me why having bottom and top bezels on a phone is good. You're probably the same autist who believes a physical keyboard on a phone is a good idea too.
>spyware machine
All of your phones are manufactured in China and all phones are spyware machines, you fucking retard.
>399 EUR is buyer's remorse
YEAH LET'S BUY A SHITTY VIRTU SIGNALLING PHONE FOR 450 EUROS INSTEAD, ME SPEND MORE MONEY, ME GOOD ONIONS BOY

Unironically kill yourself, you fucking retard.

Imagine being so useless at life that you have to come to fucking Jow Forums to shill your phone

Tell me why bezels are bad? Nobody even gives a shit about them.
>why having bottom and top bezels on a phone is good
I can grab the phone without touching the screen. It gives more space for speakers and cameras. It looks better than just a full screen phone.
>all phones are spyware machines
False.
Kill yourself.

>deliberately not quoting the entire sentence
>hey, let's talk 200 more times about a clear thing
It's like talking to a wall.

My assumption is that you're part of Purism's marketing budget, anyway, for everyone else - The Pinephone is under $149 and the Librem 5 will retail for $649+. The specs are pretty similar. The Librem's specs are certainly not triple the quality, not even double it. You're also not supporting bullshit like the Librem One by buying a Pinephone. Cheers, lads.

Attached: free_redpill.jpg (224x224, 7K)

Glad someone finally btfo the Purism shill.

Are you retarded?
You GIVE MONEY to XIAOMI. Therefore YOU ARE FUNDING their malware OS. It DOES matter because you're funding them, you're giving them money when you have an option not to. It would be better to buy something that's not malware (PinePhone/Librem 5), or to not buy a new phone and buy some 2015. smartphone with LineageOS support that isn't a Xiaomi/Huawei/Samsung. This way you wouldn't support a garbage tier company or the practice of smartphone espionage.
How the fuck do you not understand the simple concept of how a money transaction works? You don't magically stop supporting a hardware manufacturer if you switch to another software/OS. They already got your money. The fact that they can't datamine you later is meaningless.

>you give money to company x
Maybe other companies should do better, and be more competitive.

>xiaomi mi5
>115 bux
>Snapdragon 820
>1080 x 1920
>headphone jack
>no gay rounded glass
>has CFW for it