Is Samsung really the best TV brand?

Is Samsung really the best TV brand?

Attached: 38BE2CB9-353C-4D8C-9536-BD9C24496396.jpg (1000x1000, 272K)

If you're buying a high end TV OLED is the superior technology.

Sony is better

On the budget tier category no, same with LG the low tier models are crap. Sony on the other hand is top notch.

Sony makes the best LED displays hands down. Their mid-top tier is great and the the 4k upscaling is incredible. I think that's where Samsung really excels other than their screens is the quality of their upscaling. It's honestly hard to tell the difference between true 4k and 1080p upscaled to 4k which is a huge asset to have when 90% of all media is still 1080p. Also their asthetics and UI is the best.

10/10

Attached: 20190827_083147.jpg (4032x3024, 2.93M)

still using a 2009 bravia, is it safe to upgrade to a sony 4k?

Absolutely not, infact they're significantly worse than Sony and LG for OLED tvs

Sony was always the king of TVs but they are expensive.

Only highest end shit like x900 series and up. X800 uses IPiSs.

no, it depends on the specific model, sometimes including the size

Samsungs are best for games.

LG OLEDs for everything else

Not even close.
Tizen OS is dogshit and the new series dropped fucking .avi format.

Which OS is best?

thx user

>.avi in the current year

That would be LG.

Enjoy your gray desaturated display.

Fuck off faggot

Sony > LG > Samsung
get your shit together

Literal retard.

Am I the only one who prefers Hisense?
They are unbeatable

GET OUT

Fine.
>Walks out

Sony
There shit is long lasting and does not just break after one gen.

Samsung has shitty bubblegum colors

But that’s a Samsung.

Samsungs os sucks.

Which brand has best OS?

I have zero problems with it.

Lg WebOS

OK, i only use TV for console gaming and my 55" Q8FN is FANTASTIC. only better displays for are LG OLEDs, but there's the image retention problem...

is that supposed to be a positive image?

bought a q8 last christmas and returned it within 10 days because it was a huge piece of shit

all OLEDs have image retention problems. it comes with the tech. you can minimize it by being smart but you can never avoid it.

I think lg had the best midrange models, compared against the others. It's been a while since I looked, but in terms of bang for the buck I found them to be the best, around 3 years ago at least. Concerning the flagships though, debatable, but I ended up with their 49" 4k model (forgot the code) based on pricing alone, they were on a very good deal, but the base price was similar to the other ones I was looking. I got one 42 (or43") midrange model for my room, and another 49 for the living room. The 43" is presenting some issues though.

webos is comfy and unobtrusive, can confirm

It is annoyingly slow. Apps crash all the time. Samsungs browser is literally useless.

>apps crash all the time
Had YouTube crash maybe twice in three years.

That’s a perfect image that displays a wide array of lights and darks side by side and it looks amazing.

>Had YouTube crash maybe twice in three years.
Youtube crashes at least once a week for me. And when it crashes it keeps crashing everytime I restart it. Cant use it until next day.

This. Just make sure to get a 900 series tv or better. Everything else is trash.

My TV is a 4k samsung and the only complains I got are the remote design that its shit and the lower button you use to turn it on. The stupid koreans think you can browse a menu , volume and a bunch of shit all with to 1 button. If you lose your remote you are fucked.

>If you lose your remote you are fucked
Mine came with two remotes. One regular and one thats like a pointer.

what is the best TV for Xbox one X?

Do you think ultra wide TVs are going to make a comeback like the are for desktop monitors?

A few companies made them back around 2010ish but the formulator didn't quite catch on, but i'm wondering if they could be done better these days.

>bought expensive Samsung TV
>No updates anymore
>Shit UI

I don't buy brand TVs anymore.
Next time i buy a cheap but good no name Tv.