Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyxWDHy4ppY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*whispers in tim and eric*
its free software

Blends good.

I still use 3DS Max because i'm a boomer

Yes we know so is gimp.
Only gimp drives artists to suicide if they are using it.
How is the UI and its productivity?

Blender 2.8 is fucking great to be honest

PLZ live stream yourself using blender for the first time and try to make something in it.

Attached: 1dwkj5.jpg (634x505, 45K)

free

>excellent scripting capabilities
>easy to read and easy to modify C source code
>as of 2.8, one of the better 3D modeling GUIs
>breakneck development
>no licensing costs and complexity
it's becoming the industry standard with good reason

Its a generalist 3d software.
zbrush is better for sculpting and maya is better for animation.

Explain how.

i dont know im a blender n00b im just repeating what /3/ says.
its a shame too because z brush is only available for mac or windows so there is no going around the os jews.

>2.8
>2.8
What do you like the best in 2.8?

the whole interface changed for the better and theres sculpting tools.
Now someone can choose to use blender without learning a thousand hidden shortcut keys.
Feels more like blender 3.8 than blender 2.8

of course, /3/ is full of teens with the typical MY TOOL GOOD, YOURS BAD and YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG mentality, not to mention people with buyer's remorse, and baby ducks

eevee, followed by the new UI

>thousand hidden shortcut keys.
I like my shortcut keys.
Learning 50+ shortcuts will make a man out of you.

>and theres sculpting tools.
There where before 2.8 in 2.8 the sculpting tools are broken.

How?

They don't behave normally. 2.8 is pre-alpha at this point.

Send Free objs

blender is shit
>try to make a simulation
>softbody hitting a hardbody
works
>hardbody hitting a hardbody
doesnt even collide. no reason it shouldnt. fuck this

given your illiteracy, i am inclined to believe it's user error

I liked it better when the quit pop up wasn't anchored

It works well. You can create high-resolution game characters on par with current generation titles if you know what you're doing. I find its interface intuitive compared to the Autodesk programs. The UV mapping features are a bit primitive compared to other software packages, however, but it's nothing you can't get used to. If you want to get really good at Blender, pirate some of the many professional courses that are available online. Don't use YouTube.

Attached: E5EE96BC-1B9B-4A62-897C-62BDBE2059B8.jpg (809x698, 29K)

Is 2D sculpting not crap and obsolete since VR sculpting exists?
>Don't use YouTube
I know about clickbait tube and its crap.
> If you want to get really good at Blender, pirate some of the many professional course
Any recommendations?

>rolling feature updates
>weekly livestreams
>direct communication with devs
>bugs actually get fixed

You get more support from the Blender community than you do from paying Autodesk $2000/year. Max/Maya doesn't even have an issue tracker.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827_184143.png (1274x715, 545K)

so do you really think blender's sculping tools are comparable to zbrush?

Attached: c19387f0001ee18ea80a4544f11b82d4.jpg (580x534, 29K)

Shame that Gimp doesn't get this level of support.

>it's becoming the industry standard with good reason
No man, don't lie. Pixar and Disney aren't using Blender anytime soon.

Blender will get the job done. It works.

>Gimp
Gimp has artists using it on suicide watch. No joke.
t. shitposter who ironically tried to make shitposting pictures in gimp and got a nervous breakdown.

zbrush is a specialized package. Maya supports animation techniques that Blender doesn't.

Krita just needs to improve its photo editing tools. Then we can all relegate GIMP to the trash can.

they probably already use it here and there

i think pixar's development of USD is preparation for switching to blender

>f you want to get really good at Blender, pirate some of the many professional courses that are available online.
Literally stop being a stealing nigger and cough up $5 to buy some videos on Steam.

>zbrush is a specialized package
hand-wave

>Maya supports animation techniques that Blender doesn't
which?

MoCaps, to begin with.

As soon as I got used to the interface, they switched it. It's Libre, and it is functional, so I love it!

blender has been competent at that for a long, long time

All that MUH INDUSTRY STANDARD doesn't mean shit when you can do just about everything shit like maya and 3dsmax can do. Remember fellas, a bad engineer with the fanciest cutting edge tools is still a bad engineer.

>Switch it back!

Attached: angry_baby_duck.png (622x600, 649K)

>Libre
Using Libre instead of foss or "free as in feedom" upvoted!

Attached: thumbs-up.png (256x256, 41K)

no

bullshit! Try using MS-Paint XP and then we talk!

I'm still waiting for the recommendations of what videos to pirate.

Help!

You too? I find 3DS Max so much better. Just make the wireframe, then construct that into a 3d mesh. The keyboard shortcuts for Blender don't make any sense, the alternate modes are a pain to swap between, and I feel like I am in far less control of the mesh I am designing.

I started fucking around in it because of chris

I find Blender courses far more confusing to learn than Autodesk ones. You can find a Autodesk Maya 2017 tutorial and go from there, finding a specific version of Blender meanwhile tends to be a pain. Also, from what I remember, Lynda sucks because they just talk about all the controls. It is pointless to study a bunch of tools if you don't even know what the practical applications for them are.

2.8 is much better than 2.7 imo. I've never looked at any other 3d software but I think Blender is nice.

What i give for one of you to live stream this.
I know the blender fanboys will flame you to hell and back for this however I want to see normal people struggle with the utterly cryptic and confusing interface of blender.

It will make me happy.

Blender 2.8 is pretty fucking good. Coming from last version it's night and day. Amazing that it's a free piece of software.

3ds's ui is an abomination

Hey big boy do you know how to move the view port?
Post all your methods and I laugh if you misted the most important ones.

Attached: 2822017432_1.gif (240x320, 110K)

what? yet another schizoposter?

1) we can learn together.
2) its to point out that some methods in blender are super obscure, so obscure that practically no one knows about them.

I just want people to use blender for the first time blind god damit!

I think blender 2.8 made it really easy for beginners to use. I remember trying to use blender a few years ago and just getting frustrated by how badly it was designed.

i hear you can finally now remove the default cube without needing a tutorial

Hey man it's not my fault you're not an artist!

i CoUlD uSe MaYa wItHoUt nEeDiNG TeAChInG

less hypofrontal babble, please

You could just hit Delete or X since forever?
Or do you mean saving a new default scene?

its because all the commands are on the keyboard.

he's never tried right-clicking the selected object in the overview

looks good

Attached: modeling02.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

wtf? Why does the Blender look like the white power hand gesture? We should all boycott this horrific software.

Tbh blender is one of if not the best pieces of open source software out there at the moment. The only thing that is just as good is the Linux kernel itself.

grease pencil. soon the sculpt branch features

Post your face when blender becomes a better drawing program then gimp itself.

Using collections like a boss.
Nice.
Blender without collections is unusable!

this.
If they create an equivalent software of Adobe and Microsoft,it's maybe worth switching to Linux.

>Microsoft
???
What is MS making that is worth while?
IE?
Windows?
MS-Paint?
Office?
Because Libre office covers your office needs.

Garbage, I use
>Modo
>C4D
>Zbrush
>Houdini

Juciero > blender

It's fucking amazing and I use it for everything.

Attached: 1557829208878.jpg (1656x1703, 207K)

Better performance in cycles. Eevee is p good. Improved GUI and viewport displaying.

That's only because they spent a lot of time, money, and resources developing their own proprietary solutions.

/3/ is like a bootleg version of Jow Forums, full of boomers oriented to jewcracy.

Attached: bootleg-10.jpg (600x576, 75K)

As a former long 3DS max user I tried to use it some years ago and it was very frustrating.
Later i got my hands on Modo, and oh boy I loved it at first use. Yeah its destructive design but it's fast and has a beautiful internal render engine, not like 3ds max where you need vray.

Attached: 220px-Luxology_Modo_Icon.png (220x220, 57K)

I really think GIMP has the potential to become a decent alternative digital art painting software too if they made some improvements to it. They added the mypaint brush engine to it which comes with a nice set of brushes and blends nicer IMO compared to Krita's brushes

Some of the things that annoyed me about gimp as an artist trying to use it is

>When trying to use the transform tool, it makes an anchor layer that you have to always merge down.
>Using the transform tool moves the WHOLE layer instead of whatever you drew on the layer
>Selecting a mypaint brush present doesn't automatically switch you from gimp's brush engine back to my mypaint's brush engine

Buying anything on Steam requires running nonfree software, so you should refuse to use it just by that alone.
It also promotes all kinds of propietary malware, supports anti-consumer practices like digital restrictions management, or all kinds of other nasty stuff.
People ought to boycott Valve.

started very recently, the last version even though is not completely stable is perfect for beginners. i feel like a zoomer thinking that some people actually had to use the old version, the newer makes it look so outdated

try it now. It feels like a completely different piece of software. Don't expect that everything will feel exactly like modo or 3ds tho.

Looks like it's just gotten a lot better. It's free, so give it a try: youtube.com/watch?v=MyxWDHy4ppY

is that the "white power" secret sign?

The update trashed the materials in all my projects, ty free software.

I am suspicious of it.
All of the tutorials for it are youtube videos.
People who learn via youtube videos and not books are retarded.
are blender users retarded?

Only the one who aren't self taught

>tutorials
Why don't you just read the manual you fucking mouthbreather

Really dig their white power logo but interface sucks

because manuals are a reference to be used after you have learned how to use something, not an educational tool

Blender is already one of the best video editing tools on Linux. If Grease Pencil ends up surpassing GIMP, that'll really move Linux forward.

It's alright I guess, interface is still shit but 2.8 improved it bigly over what it was before. Basically, for the level I give a shit about 3D Blender is good enough since I can't be assed to pirate proper software. Or Wings for just modelling, though someone should really do a rewrite to the proper Common Lisp of the software Wings is a rip off of.

I really like that guy

Attached: 1478967867745.jpg (330x264, 20K)

Attached: R57WBEV5BMI6RDHDUWAUF3FMKQ.jpg (412x590, 28K)

Crack i downloaded of zb2019 works alright in wine

Pixar and Disney are leftist indoctrination machines.

>your language is so ingrained into capitalism that you don't have a word in english for "libre"

based

nice

The word your looking for

Is free

Ignore that shill all paid tutos are run by ponzi scheming pajeet frauds, the best and only tutorial you will need to get from noob to pro is BlenderGuru's "Blender Beginner Tutorial" 10-part series exploring the whole artistic pipeline that top studios use in real-world scenarios. Youll explore the entire process across a multitude of 3d disciplines, more than a single professional could ever hope to master in a single lifetime. It's widely regarded as the gold standard in Blender tutorial videos in the industry. Any other answers just dont come close to this fantastic resource.