/mpv/ - the Jow Forumsreatest media player

Attached: 1565932620818.png (970x586, 937K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FR0tkGfY
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/issues/86
mpv.io/installation/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki
mpv.io/manual/stable/
mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf
mpv.srsfckn.biz/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
iamscum.wordpress.com/guides/videoplayback-guide/mpv-conf/
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174841
majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html
voidtools.com/downloads/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2KCPY4Ru4
youtube.com/watch?v=hHW1oY26kxQ
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm/issues/27
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=1_2&q=scum hi444pp
github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/blob/master/README.md
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-%{prop[:fallback
github.com/detuur/mpv-scripts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The next madVR release will destroy mpv!

Attached: logo.png (180x45, 6K)

Portable version has no sound on 2 different machines with win7 and win10

Enable audio then

Version 4.5 that I revert back to coz I still had the 7z archive has no sound problem. So I don't think is an enabling thing. I've looked trough all the settings and couldn't find anything

shit OP

profile=gpu-hq
hwdec=d3d11va
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
sigmoid-upscaling=no
linear-downscaling=no
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=48
deband-range=16
deband-grain=48
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample

Full mpv.conf
pastebin.com/FR0tkGfY
For interpolation in input.conf
t cycle interpolation ; no-osd set tscale "box" ; no-osd set t-scale-window "sphinx" ; no-osd set tscale-radius "1.0" ; no-osd set tscale-clamp "0.0"
For Adaptive Sharpen
a change-list glsl-shaders toggle "~~/Shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

My issue from last time
I use this profile in mpv.conf
[yadif prerequisites]
glsl-shaders-toggle="~~/Shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shaders-toggle="~~/Shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
And this in input.conf
d cycle-values hwdec "no" "yes" ; apply-profile "yadif prerequisites" ; change-list vf toggle yadif
But I dont get any notification of yadif filter being turned on(although stats say it has). Even if I add ; show-text "Cycle Deinterlace", it gets completely ignored.
mpv.net has its own issue, but stax has yet to respond.
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/issues/86

I have 2 webcams streamimg 24/7
I want to save their video in chunks of 3-6 hours, how do I do it with mpv?

Installation:
mpv.io/installation/

Wiki:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki

Manual:
Stable: mpv.io/manual/stable/
Git: mpv.io/manual/master/

User Scripts:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Any particular reason for those deband settings?

>2019
>directshow

Keep dreaming

Attached: mpcweak.png (607x608, 330K)

Did they change their icon for this blue shit? Why would they do that?

So, I wanted to create a separate profile for yuv420p10 and yuv444p10.
[hi10p]
profile-desc=cond:p.video-params/pixelformat=yuv420p10
hwdec=auto
gpu-api=auto
gpu-context=auto
[hi444pp]
profile-desc=cond:p.video-params/pixelformat=yuv444p10
profile=hi10p
Can anyone tell me what wold be the correct syntax(I am getting errors with this).

iamscum.wordpress.com/guides/videoplayback-guide/mpv-conf/

im just a mpv.net pleb

my PC is pretty strong, whats the best quality setting i should put to shit on the madVR shitters?

my settings now: (i have no idea what im doing btw)

cscale = spline36
dscale = spline36
scale = spline36
gpu-api = d3d11
hwdec = crystalhd

>i have no idea what im doing btw
We can see it.

in some thread people tell me to use software decoding and osme tell me to use hwdec

>crystalhd is not safe. It always converts to 4:2:2 YUV, which may be lossy, depending on how chroma sub-sampling is done during conversion. It also discards the top left pixel of each frame for some reason.

ok i changed to d3d11va because i see that everyone is using that one

but i have another problem, when fullscreen i keep geting screen tearing at the top of the videos

any tips?

Frontend: github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases

Support: forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174841

Thumbnail Extension: majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html

Search Extension: voidtools.com/downloads/

Attached: mpv1.png (454x266, 30K)

gpu-api=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
gpu-api=d3d11
d3d11va-zero-copy=yes
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=oversample
interpolation=yes
video-sync=display-resample
Use this and post a log.

linux, ryzen 3700x, nvidia 1060 6gb
what's the best settings for 4k 60fps video watching, and good 720p/1080p upscaling to a 4k hdr monitor?

Don't enable interpolation in the mpv configuration. Not every content benefits from it. It should be optional . Just add those lines in the input configuration file:

n cycle interpolation=yes; tscale=oversample

still tearing and idk how to post a log

tearing is only when i fullscreen tho

when i use mpc-hc with madVR i can enable fullscreen exclusive mode and the tearing is gone

is there such a thing in MPV?

Try it gpu-api=vulkan

does vulkan work on Nvidia gpus? also why would that give me exclusive fullscreen mode?

trying to build mpv is pure aids on fedora tbqhwyf

Vulkan works for my 1060.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-204117_Firefox.jpg (1596x219, 87K)

It's shit drivers, probably. Which Windows version are you using and do you have switchable graphics or multiple monitors? Try these things in order and one of them might fix your tearing.
1. Update Windows and update your drivers (from NVIDIA's site)
2. If you have switchable graphics, force mpv to use the iGPU (and update your Intel drivers)
3. Remove d3d11va-zero-copy=yes
4. If you have Windows 10, disable fullscreen optimisations in the compatibility mode dialog (pic related)
5. Add d3d11-flip=no to your config
6. Just use gpu-api=vulkan instead of d3d11

That's an outdated note. It only works sometimes and only with gpu-api=opengl. There's no guaranteed way to force exclusive fullscreen in mpv that works for all GPU backends.

Attached: Windows-10-disable-fullscreen-optimizations-per-app.png (405x527, 13K)

bump

Reads like one of those Jow Forumsmpv configs. Lots of explicitly listed defaults and oddball choices. Some of the comments also read like he only skimmed through the manual and never tested those settings properly.

>interpolation=yes
>tscale=oversample
That's not how input.conf syntax works.
n cycle interpolation; set tscale "oversample"
Setting tscale here is also unnecessary, as it doesn't do anything by itself. You can put it in mpv.conf and only toggle interpolation.

has someone ported amds constrast adaptive sharpening yet?

no. it is just one very persistent shill, shilling for his mpv fork. he has sucked the life force out of several people. he is the sole reason these threads are dying a slow death.

imo, if I knew his current location, I'd drive right up to his place, and smash his nigger head in until their is nothing left that ever resembled a human being

>im just a mpv.net pleb
>i have no idea what im doing btw
pottery

Can anyone post a keybind to toggle between oversample interpolation and sphinx/box?

>webm.lua still doesn't let you tweak the crf
Why is basic functionality still missing? Why is the crf not a strict option in the script as it's written? Why did I have to add the fps filter as an option when ripping 60fps content for 3mb Jow Forums webms is a super common usecase?
Why?

ekisu is lazy

cycle-values tscale-clamp 1.0 0.0; cycle-values tscale-radius 1.0; cycle-values tscale-window "sphinx"; cycle-values tscale "oversample" "box"
The question is what window/radius oversample uses by default.

>Why did I have to add the fps filter as an option when ripping 60fps content for 3mb Jow Forums webms is a super common usecase?
Because it would be unintuitive for a simple WebM scripts to change basic video properties without user input.

>shit OP
>op is an mpv.net faggot
Expected as much.

These guys ruined the true mpv threads.

looking into the twopass bug made me dead inside
i will implement the crf selector when i get home

yeah

Attached: 148238134.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Don't sweat it, man.
Good to hear you didn't give up on 2pass yet.

>The question is what window/radius oversample uses by default.
Yeah, I was mostly wondering about that. I can more or less set the hotkey myself but I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the sphinx/box params so they wouldn't interfere with oversample.

Why does mpv only get 5 seconds of youtube livestreams, how do I fix it and why does --no-video not work with some?
Ex: youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2KCPY4Ru4
Works fine with or without --no-video
Only plays 5 seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=hHW1oY26kxQ
Doesn't work at all with --no-video, gives:
[ffmpeg] tls: Error in the pull function.
Failed to recognize file format.
Only plays 4 seconds

Both of those links play just fine w/ shinchiro's build on Windows.

Does it even influence oversample?

>patrician thread

No idea really.

dilate

Attached: mpvnet_oogabooga.png (900x557, 175K)

LMAO I made this pic, I was just testing what this program was about, I've always used the normal windows mpv. Upon using this one the logo wouldn't remove itself even in full screen.

Oversample already has no effect when it isn't needed, which is when the display framerate is an integer multiple of the video framerate. In all other cases, oversample prevents judder. You don't need to manually disable it.

if I got nvidia optimus do I need to add mpv to the nvidia control center or do I have to enable nvidia through mpv.conf?

The former. mpv doesn't have built-in adapter selection yet.

that was really helpful, thanks
got it to work by using streamlink instead of youtube-dl

pls spoonfeed me I don't know how

I don't know dude, I don't have an Optimus laptop. I found this screenshot on Google and maybe it helps. Click the add button if mpv.exe doesn't appear in the list.

Attached: nvidia-control-panel-program-settings.png (974x718, 115K)

well then it's the first one then, I already did that but I have no clue if I have to add something to the mpv conf

You don't have to add anything. It's all good.

cool, so now all I got to do is add an hq profile that my card can handle? nice thx

i kind of already gave up, even though i know why it's broken, i have no idea how to fix it in a way that works for every video, and that isn't too hacky.

That's a shame. Lack of proper 2pass encoding is mostly I still use ffmpeg for anything webm unless I don't care about the filesize (which rarely happens due to Jow Forums limits).
Is it something that mpv devs can easily fix?

well, it essentially boils down to libvpx messing up the total video duration (and individual frame durations, although i think this won't influence as much) while calculating the first pass stats. fixing it would require either having a timebase of 1/fps (which might not be applicable to every video), or passing the exact duration of each frame to libvpx.

not sure if any of them is an easy fix, the first one requires (?) constant frame rate, and a consistent way to detect it; the second one probably requires delaying encoding the frames until we have the next one available, so that the frame duration is known.

henlo i have request
add something like this to show resolution when cropping
ass:append(tostring(bold('ENTER:')) .. " confirm crop (" .. self.pointB.x - self.pointA.x .. "x" .. self.pointB.y - self.pointA.y .. ")\\N")
add ytdl-format github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm/issues/27

1) DirectX12 when?
2) New GUI when?
3) Drop directshow when?
4) Math genius totally new algorithm when?

Attached: mpvchad_vs_madvirgin.png (1872x936, 243K)

He is also an encoder and typesetter
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=1_2&q=scum hi444pp
Most of his stuff are tested for playing animes. To be frank, this is where I started, although right now my config is very different from his.

VLC does not use madvr, neither does it need third party filters. Shouldnt he be holding PotPlayer and MPC-HC instead of VLC and MPC-HC ?

Also, it will always show the 'time passed/time total', when I use this command.

Has anybody trained FSRCNNX for anime? Or some other NN upscaler that works in MPV?

What are some options to enhance the playback quality of low quality videos? I already played around quite a bit with deband settings, but I wonder if there's more I can do.

github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/blob/master/README.md

> Anime4K is a state-of-the-art*, open-source, high-quality real-time anime upscaling algorithm that can be implemented in any programming language.

> State of the art* as of August 2019 in the real time anime upscaling category, the fastest at acheiving reasonable quality.

> Remarkably, the proposed method does not use any machine-learning or statistical approach, and is tailored to content that puts importance to well defined lines/edges while tolerates a sacrifice of the finer textures.
thoughts?

Attached: Graph.png (2000x2000, 220K)

It's shit. Check archives.

It's not really an upscaler, but a sharpener (although the dev will go to great lengths to argue against it). And it's not even an especially good sharpener. Despite the claims of the Preprint.md it sucks for 1080p and below. The 4K examples in the repo aren't that good either.
The whole thing is built on the assumption that NOTHING besides sharp lines (without ringing) matters for anime. Washed out backgrounds, missing details, horrible aliasing and color banding aren't a problem according to the dev. The newest version mitigates some of it (e.g. by using FXAA to reduce aliasing), but I can tell you that it's still shit for 1080p and below (can't speak for 4K).

What are you guys using as input.conf?

mpv.net defaults

added those, except for the fps filter (i don't know if it's that useful?)

Attached: 1556621407842.jpg (467x413, 25K)

>1080p -> 4K
Easy mode. Might as well just use ewa_lanczos.

What's the difference between FSRCNN and FSRCNNX?

I make webms from 60 fps game footage and convert them to 30 fps for the filesize limit so would find it useful. At the moment I have a keybind to toggle vf fps and it seems like it can mess with how mpv seeks and make the frame timings wrong on when the webm starts.

According to the release page FSRCNNX is
>FSRCNN extended with local residual learning and recursive blocks with pre-activation structure.

>profile=gpu-hq
do I have to create my own mpv.conf?

Yes, there : /etc/mpv/mpv.conf

ah I'm on windows but when I out the config in AppData\Roaming\mpv

with:

profile=gpu-hq
fullscreen=yes

it doesn't boot into fullscreen with videos

scratch that I got it to work thank you

RAVU is trained using anime. But I think FSRCNNX is better overall.

what did he mean by this

anyone else know how I can get youtube titles in screenshot names?

Attached: nice prank.png (109x81, 15K)

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-%{prop[:fallback

You can just put your mpv.conf and input.conf into mpv main folder if you're using shinchiro's build for easier access.
If you do that, delete mpv folder from appdata.

oh, I see
thank

bimp

Is there a keybind that minimizes the window (on Windows 10)?

github.com/detuur/mpv-scripts

Nobody?

madVR?

If not directshow based and with proper d3d11 rewrite, maybe...