Can Jow Forums explain this shit? Aren't servers in 2019 stronk enough to handle the Load(tm)?

Can Jow Forums explain this shit? Aren't servers in 2019 stronk enough to handle the Load(tm)?

Attached: world_of_queuecraft.jpg (1920x1200, 441K)

Dude they just need to use kubernetes!

Wouldn't want to encroach on that profit margin now would we?

It's manufactured. They want to make it seem like it's more popular than it really is.
That way the people playing will want to play it longer once things calm down.

>menchildren trying to relive their childhood

just let it rest

The weird thing about classic is that I'm seeing all these threads and feeling the FOMO but I was there for beta 15 or so years ago and it's the FOMO crowd who have missed out while simultaneously fearing missing out.

this. its blizzard. come on.

Attached: 1564002036142.jpg (533x624, 35K)

Attached: asmonqueue.jpg (1209x696, 171K)

this was so sad I donated him $250 to cheer up

yeah but you have to fucking grow up and realize that the glory days of the early 2000s aren't going to come back because blizzard re-released the same game they did in 2004 and now you actually have the means and the time to invest in poopsocking it.

but its not the same. and looking back on all the characters i leveled through the years and on private servers i really don't think investing that much time into a game that is ultimately just a very long treadmill is going to be a productive usage of my time

Attached: immeasurable.jpg (828x768, 155K)

>donating to asmon

blizzard is just too jewish to spin up more instances

2019 playing Wow Classic while great games like Mass Effect and Anthem are available on Origin..2019 playing Wow Classic while great engines like Unreal 4 are available...

Attached: c17t7hk.jpg (1200x960, 99K)

the only productive usage of MMOs is botting and selling accounts or in-game currency for real money. people that play just to treadmill manually are galaxy brainlets

woah this is deep

Despite what Jow Forums and also /v/ would have you believe, classic is peak MMO

nah, ultima online was peak mmo. classic is downhill from that. but what came after classic is so bad that people willingly take classic.

>blizzard wants to lose money on purpose
Nah. It's much more plausible they're incompetent than not greedy

Why aren't streamers on a streamer-only private server? With severe penalties of stream sniping of course.
I wouldn't want to play on a public server if I was a popular streamer.

Oh, it's greed alright.
Think this through!
The people who are in queue are desperate to get in and they'll hype the gameplay experience up for themselves just because they finally managed to get in.
Then they'll want to keep playing for longer when they think back on the long queue and they'll want to cherish the game even more because of it.

the start of WoW is what caused the decline of the MMO genre. it made the following casual game design mainstream:

>linear level range quest based hubs instead of exploring naturally
>being able to solo all the way to level cap via questing and mob grinding, partying is optional and actually a detriment in some cases since it reduces exp rates and a lot of quests are tuned specifically for solo players (pick up item for quest, only 1 person gets it not the whole party)
>no exp loss or losing gear on death so players can play terrible and receive no real punishment for their action, the worst that can happen is walking to your corpse but botting can automate that

Wat

Ok so it got 3 things wrong. When it got the other 1000 things right that's not so bad is it? There's a good reason for its popularity

Which server you guys on? EU Ashbringer here

>pvp limited to 10v10 garbage
MMO's were a mistake.

>inb4 technological limit

Stonespine

there's far more it got wrong but I'm not writing an essay about it on a xiaomi tech board.

i think blizzard is just truly stupid and anticipated less load. they used to mock players that wanted this at all. it took them this long to understand their customers but they're still tumbling through it

This, and they still don't get it

The game is already barely playable because you can hardly find a mob you can attack. A quest that would normally take 3 minutes takes a half hour because there are 20 players for one fucking gnoll ON A SHITTY NORMAL REALM and I bet my liver you play on overcrowded pvp realms.
And you want EVEN MORE people in it, like the fucking retard you are.

Don't bet your liver bro I'm on a low pop realm which overnight became amedium

>i think blizzard is just truly stupid and anticipated less load
Blizz had same shit happen on Diablo 3's release but their following statements indicate they don't give a shit and see no reason in spending more than what they deem the average player count to be after the hype settles down. With all the resource scaling available they seem tragically out of date.

twitch doesnt allow private servers unless they are official bliz servers

This is normal for any big launch. Why waste money investing in servers you won't need anymore after a few weeks, when the load on the servers has normalized?

Attached: scrotum.jpg (328x277, 33K)

It's almost as if in 2019 we have ways to deploy and undeploy capacity rapidly

This
WoW is pure cancer

>Can Jow Forums explain this shit? Aren't servers in 2019 stronk enough to handle the Load(tm)?
Go shill your manchild wet dream elsewhere

Attached: 1534415975928.jpg (231x218, 10K)

>It's much more plausible (a corporation is) incompetent than greedy
how old are you?

Its probably both.
They wanted a to have a queue but being retards completely underestimated how bad it would be.

That's what you get when your shit is O(n^2). No amount of
>REEEEE
>Muh type safe languages
Will help you with that

Isn't it O(n!) since you know, many to many?

>g has transformed into tranny-technology subreddit so hard that they don't even call out shit that belongs in /v/
I miss good old pre 2012 times when the extent of meta shit would be SICP shilling and gaymers wouldn't even think about going to Jow Forums for advice

Attached: 8a5457f53f329c5ee4f7f0fc90016233d55bf99dee0cd3493a635bd7cd30ffef.jpg (1280x718, 113K)

>what is renting

I'm on a High server and I don't have this problem. Learn to go to better zones to farm, stay ahead of the pact.

im telling you, mesh nets!

Why does it say I need a subscription to play this shit? I already pay for retail, do you need a different sub?

Maybe if you live in panama.

because all retards are trying to get on the same servers together

No, it works on the same sub

>he doesn't want to back to the past to play the shitty games that suck ass
guffaw

>same thing has happened every launch with WoW for the past 15 years
>it happens again because, as usual, there's a large influx of players returning which overloads the capacity of the servers
>"WTF HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED"
How dumb and/or new do you have to be?

Attached: 1470571623080.jpg (410x557, 31K)

>productive
>games
they're made for entertainment.

>Can Jow Forums explain this shit? Aren't servers in 2019 stronk enough to handle the Load(tm)?
Yes, games should be able to handle 2k simultaneous players easy but for some reason they are unable to implement it with their infraestructure. Hell if you design your game based on explicit server pitfalls then you could handle millions of users, let's say that the tick rate is part of the game lore, or if the amount of players increases you limit the amount of actions.... Things like that.

people treat MMOs like jobs

Video games are for children.

>people excited to play a 1 to 60 grind fest with a tier 0 to tier 3 (or pvp grand marshall) grind fest at level 60.

Why though?

i play WoW since Vanilla.
The amount of time i've spent on this is all willingly and not forced upon me. Did i have fun? Fuck yeah. If i didn't i talked with ppl or got them to join the activity i did for entertainment (even farming for raids).
I never regretted this.
I even spend time standing in SW/Shattrath/Dalaran/Boralus writing addons, because this shit game brought me to programming (as a hobby)
Nothing of this is productive IRL, but just for my own satisfaction. Therefore, entertainment.

assman layer pls xD

Servers have a cap on amount of players, this has nothing to do with the amount of people that could be in a realm.
Player cap is in place for a reason, imagine everyone on the same realm: everyone waiting for a mob to spawn for some quest, endless queues for instances, ...
So yeah back to /v/ with this retarded shit

how much working experience do you have?
Judging by my own, I'd easily bet on that they're incompetent, which in fact could be a result of their greed but thinking they're putting up these 6 hours (yes literal 6+ hours queues) intentionally just seems like some shit to me
Surely people will be overjoyed that they paid for game time and now they had to wait for hours to get into the game since every single realm is fucked

>great games like Mass Effect and Anthem
absolutely horrid post, end yourself

I think he meant a Blizzard Sanctioned "Quarantine" server as part of Classic that only Streamers have access to.

They already said they can increase player count easily but then places would get too crouded.

the economy is somewhat delicate so it would fuck that up too

blizzard is way too cheap to buy the newest epyc cpus. instead, they use some +10 year old xeons

>never experienced mafia wars, dragon wars, opening of raids or plain old wpvp raids

source?

Is alterac valley like back in the days or is it shit as usual?