>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$350 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: tfw intcel.png (1024x526, 502K)

using a screwdriver is hard

Those posts did give me a good giggle

just bought a logitech mx master 2s after using a g600 and a cheap microsoft wireless mouse, very happy with it

Please help I can’t run in safe mode and when I try to do a system restore it freezes on the menu. Can’t even figure out what’s going on.

Attached: E514A591-7242-4C2A-822B-66C36431BAE6.png (1792x828, 2.49M)

>be AMD
>blame victims of their cheap Chinese construction

Absolutely based

Pour rubbing alcohol over everything
Let it dry
Reapply thermal paste
Try again

Fuck off.

Try to clean it with bleach now
Maybe mix the two to get a deep scrubbing effect.

Did you really use windex? If so turn off your pc, cut power supply, wait a day for it to dry off and hope the chemicals didn't mess up your board.

Can I install parts while the mobo is on the case or should I install the mobo last?

I want to Ryzen her Ryzen's if you know what I mean

Is this a female(male) or a female(female)?
If so, who this?

I was being serious asshole
You need to remove the Windex
Rubbing alcohol evaporates quickly and cleans off everything
It's perfectly safe

Doesnt matter, just make sure you have enough room to get the mobo screwed in if you are installing a big cooler or whatever.

Very ugly

I didn’t put winded on it that was some sperg in the last thread.

Don't lie to me bitch I know when your lieing

Then what did you last do before the error? You haven't told us.

Is an actual female. It's obvious, as a boy would be cuter. I forget her name.

Windex*
I recently got new computer parts and brought it to Fry’s since I’m not good at installing cables. Guy gave me the thumbs up then I get home lo and fucking behold it boots but doesn’t do much more than that.

Install gentoo

Here. You’re right sorry.

Don’t test me my work has me use Unix

>since I’m not good at installing cables
Bring it back to Fry's and give them the thumbs down.

Ah the shill made the thread
Why can't AMD and Nivida coexist?
Why are you shilling a card with trash tier software that should work instead of crash and cause issues for a company who abandoned a amazing card for mid range?

2070s (At the moment) is better due to software and higher fps and 4k performance. AMD GPU fine wine went out the door after the VII

The post made above is a shill post.

Ignore at all costs.

WHY WONT MY MOTHERBOARD DETECT MY GPU
EZ DEBUG LED NEXT TO VGA SAYING NOT DETECTED
ALL THE LIGHTS AND FANS WORK BUT STILL, JUST TWO LITTLE WHITE LEDS OVER EACH CONNECTOR CABLE

Buy a 5700 XT

I didn’t pay them anything the dude Did It For Free(tm)
Guy was nice and helped me get the thing actually running. If there’s no other solution I’ll do that but damn I’d like to try getting it running tonight.

Have to trying unplugging and replugging?

>4k performance
RIS is better.
>software
AMD software has generally been better the past 2 years. It was only bad with the beta drivers right after Vega launch, and now Navi launch.
You know who else had shit drivers for months after a new product released? Nvidia with their RTX series. /pcbg/ was spammed with people having issues even though it said to use 3## drivers in the OP back then.

Oh, BSoD guy here. When I was booting up that happened to me. I just restarted.

Commit sudoku

Attached: C3ED2B1A-2C0F-41D0-82CE-69367E2C24BD.png (866x537, 268K)

Check if all your cables are connected securely.

Ok will do

Here you go asshole
Your necessary visual aid
This is what it looks like after tightening 1 screw a quarter turn
Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler
B450 tomahawk

Attached: 20190827_200322-1.jpg (2583x1936, 1.12M)

What's a good replacement case for Fractal Meshify C? I ordered one a month ago, it still hasn't shipped, and it's sold out every other place I've looked.

Imagine being so retarded you can't use a screwdriver without a parent or guardian present.

CoolerMaster H500 has better stock cooling.

All that silver dust around the hole is from screwing it in and out repeatedly
Fuck you all

>implying anyone on Jow Forums who got a super card even looked at the OG RTX at initial launch.
>buying a card at launch
>brand loyalty
For me personally AMD did an amazing job with the new Ryzen and a shit tier display with the Navi cards with a retarded launch and you're full of shit if you think anyone believes what RIS is better at 4k.
We both know both companies are nerfing the cards just so they can dick wave at each other. Regardless of the result 2070S will be a better pick as long as stocks are low and the software is fucked. I still can't believe why anyone would put faith in AMD after the VII and not wait 6 months to a year to buy one (granted they have rig already)

i just raped my gtx 970 with a cup of ramen. thankfully jesus was watching over me tonight because not a single drop touched my motherboard. i have a fallback card but im probably gonna upgrade because im about to have some fuck you money.

Budget is $250 USD
Current specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB DDR4
GTX 660
I use my graphics card for gaming. I want to get at least 80 fps on Hitman 2 at 1080p to get the most out of my 144hz monitor. I also use Ubuntu as my main operating system, so it should have good Linux support.
I'm going to buy a used card regardless of what I pick.
I'm already planning on a Vega 56, but I'd appreciate any insight.

I am a parent or guardian
It is NOT me or my screwdriver
This is AMD and MSI's fault
They shipped me faulty product
Don't blame tune victim

Lol. Open case with your case underneath your desk? Mine's open but on my desk so nothing like this can happen.

Okay shitforbrains, do this.

Get a ruler or measuring tape.
Measure the length of the screws, standoffs, and brackets.

If they're not the same RMA it if they are kill yourself.

Used 5700 blower if you can save a bit more

I appreciate the suggestion, but I guess I should be more specific. I don't want glass anywhere on the case. Not concerned about stock cooling because I already have several 140mm fans ready to go.

I think it’s my hard drive that’s the problem, although I don’t have a boot in safe mode option which is weird

Ive tried putting it in different slots and shit, no matter what I do it has that damn undetected vga light on it

Did you let it dry and check the connectors?

so are the 6 core i5's just not recommended at all? I play WoW and other games that really enjoy high single IPC. Does Intel still hold that crown? Microcenter has the i5-9600k for $200.

It's a new pc right? Reinstall windows or boot linux from USB.

idk what u mean by let it dry user but the connectors all seem fine

I don’t have an option to reinstall windows and I don’t have an installation disk on hand.

Why even bother when you can get a ryzen?

A lot of those chips are fucked due to updates.You can get a Ryzen 3600/3700x and get a Mini fat1lity Mini itx (Or anything within that price braket) for 50$ with a discount on RAM as well.

You do. Just download the windows iso from microsoft and set it up as a usb installer.

Welp, ordered the parts for my first Mini ITX build
Can't wait to explain to the officers why I was screeching at the top of my lungs in frustration

>Does Intel still hold that crown?

Just barely, and only with the 9900k pretty much. AMD is being shilled for a reason. Intel got caught with their pants down.

It’s a new mobo and cpu only. Running my old 1060 and psu

well how I read about all the problems Ryzen 3xxx was having like voltage, high temps, etc. Is Ryzen still having those issues? Was that only on older motherboards? I don't mind spending a bit extra on an X570 board if it means proper compatibility.

I have zero intention of overclocking and just want the fastest gaming chip that doesn't require tweaking and baby sitting to ensure it works right.

Thought you were the ramen guy
Make sure both the pcie connectors are plugged in, I made the same mistake

I don't need to measure shit
After trying 100 fucking times I'm sure it's fucked

Mobo with *some* components should be like the middle part of the installation. You should install the CPU, CPU cooler (assuming it's not huge), RAM, and other small parts (e.g. M.2 SSD) into the mobo before putting it in. GPU, big coolers, and other obstructions should wait until after the main parts of the mobo are installed.

You don't want to the do the mobo last because you have to connect everything to the mobo, and doing that with things in the way is a pain in the ass.

Don't recommend ryzen
Their fans don't even attach properly

Post the build

The bios is still buggy and more fixes are expected down the line.
However the bugs are only noticeable if you do nothing but stare at the monitoring software. It is perfectly usable now.

So every single review on the R5-3600 on Microcenter's website says stuff along the lines of "great chip, fast, but runs hot" and "had to buy a new cooler so it doesn't run so hot when encoding". This is making me tentative about buying it

You replied to me twice? Anyways do this .

Am I supposed to remove this plastic piece or?

it made a click and the little knob lock thing went on, gpus just need that in and then their connecting cables right? im not missing some other obvious wire

Forgot image
If this was the problem I'm going to scream

Attached: 20190827_202148-1.jpg (1602x3121, 734K)

Nope, it's isolating mobo from the backplate.

I'm pretty sure it protects from the metal plate touching circuits on the back or something

Then don't buy it. What's the problem?

no that's fine. I wasn't in the last thread however it appears you have a problem installing the cooler. Did you screw the cooler down in an X pattern? According to the picture you screw down one side entirely.

Okay so then I have to RMA everything
Great
Gonna go Intel Nvidea this time then
I'm not fucking around with cheap Chinese crap anymore

No
I tried to get one screw just onto the threads
Like a quarter turn
Barely holding on
This is what it looks like
I can't do an X pattern because as soon as 1 screw gets even slightly threaded it lifts at an angle

I was the guy asking about the 9600k or the R5-3600 because they're the same price that's why. The fact that the 3600 has double the processing threads and similar single core is nice but not if everything with AMD is still fucked up.

Would anyone ITT recommend Ryzen 2xxx? It's cheaper and from what I can see more mature than current gen.

/pcbg/?
more liek /gaymdbg/ amirite?

Attached: 1556187975584.jpg (511x671, 41K)

>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
Imagine thinking pooripper is good for gaming

every cooler does that. You need to then do another screw in X pattern. Give it a little effort as the screws are spring loaded.

b450 is legit these are the temps I'm seeing right now with the stock cooler on the low switch within a mini itx in a warm room. Typically it idles at 32-34 and never break 70 on hot days playing monsterhunter at max settings, just update the chipset drivers and keep shit up to date.
I have no idea what you did.
B450 (From microcenter) has given me no problems
I had to connect like 3 post a pic of what you are doing hopefully someone can help.

Attached: all stock.jpg (1331x947, 239K)

Case: Sliger SM580
Moba: Gigabye B450 Aorus Pro Wifi Mini ITX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler
RAM: 2x 8gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
GPU: EVGA XC Ultra RTX 2070
PSU: Corsair SF 750
Storage: 500gb Samsung SSD and a 2tb laptop hard drive for extra file storage
4x 140mm Be Quiet shadow wings 2 case fans to mount at the top and bottom of the case

>watch installation of ryzen chips
>top comments are people complaining screws won't go in
Wow I guess it's just a me problem huh guys
I'm starting to believe there actually are shills here

Upgrading from 1700x/X370 to 3700x, should I even bother with B450 boards or just wait for B550/get a cheap X570?

>using anything other than the prism
You deserve this

Which mobo?

How is the Fractal Define C? Anyone have one?

This, I'd like a second opinion as well.
>Looking at X470 boards
>They're more featureful than the cheap X570 boards
>They may or may not have 16MB bios chips like all the B450 boards that everyone's getting that'll be fucked in a generation or two
The cheap X570 boards aren't great but they're looking like better options just for forwards compatibility.

Attached: 1561642369519.jpg (1080x1080, 171K)

Its a 6 and an 8 connector, and each has a white LED light on above them. This is all thats plugged into it

Attached: 23413241324.png (286x232, 157K)

What is a very very cheap mitx build I can just connect to my TV for 4k movies and some emulation (Cemu, RPCS3, Yuzu)?

literally just dont be that retard that cant even use a screwdriver or cant read simple instructions

Attached: tfw.jpg (656x585, 182K)

Is it worth an extra $30 for the R5-3600X vs the regular 3600 just to get the wraith spire cooler instead of the stealth?

>B450 (From microcenter) has given me no problems
When I say buggy, I mean very small stuff like the chip being on average 750Mhz lower than previous AGESA and stuff like that.

I will be posting daily reminders that the stock cooler might not fit for every thread that includes ryzen in the OP

The 4 screws system has always been a pain no matter what socket. Doesnt mean its defective.

AMD uses a clip system on that plastic piece you removed for most of their coolers, and its so fucking nice.

YES
The 3600 has shit cooling and many users complain the fan doesn't screw on right

Why not just buy a better cooler?