Is anyone else here nostalgic for Windows Vista?

Is anyone else here nostalgic for Windows Vista?

Attached: 27F777A6-46B4-4E2A-9F68-7B1E86959E54.jpg (1600x1200, 323K)

Other people will call you crazy and I've never used it, but I know what you mean. It was a very specific aesthetic in a specific time period in computers. Dunno what I mean by that, it just looks very 2006 and looks very business-y.

Vista was just Windows 7, but worse.

My brother got vista and hes always complaining that there are no more browsers that gets updated. So its getting unusable.

The first laptop I owned for myself, instead of just using a
Family computer, was Vista. I have basically no nostalgia for it because it's basically just shitty win7. Windows 95 and xp both make my nostalgia cock erect though.

New Moon by roytam

xp nostalgia is real, but not vista

The first legitimate copy of an OS I bought was Windows Vista Ultimate with the signature edition. I thought it would be the best OS for a long time... I will install it again one day.

Anyone: Windows 7 was the best windows
Me: I missed windows Vista T_T

But XP is shitty 2k for plebs.

7 and vista look exactly alike and the kernel is not much different either. there is nothing to be nostalgic about when you can still use 7.

i do miss vista as well. its interface was the best and even to this day looks more modern than anything out there currently.

I don't like any version of Windows.

It's the most 2000's looking Windows, Windows XP does too of course but it was probably more Y2K.

I can't be nostalgic over it because I'm still using it

I recently re-built one of my old desktops and put Vista on it because it's dank.

this, its just an old pale moon fork but it has a decent adblocker and is pretty lightweight, fine for youtube and shitposting
needs a bit of tweaking though for things like recaptcha to even load
and twitter doesnt work

recaptcha in general is just broken as shit on these old browsers, it makes me do captchas between 6 and 12 times before verifying, while on my phone or on some more modern hardware and operating systems/browsers i usually dont even need to do them because just clicking the checkbox confirms automatically

Attached: browser.png (1043x961, 569K)

recaptcha v2 is designed to give you more problems if you look less like a normie (not using chrome, deleting cookies, blocking trackers, not logged in to google, etc.)

You must be at least 18 years old to post here

>tfw 5.9 on the windows experience index
>proudly show my friends

vista is much better than 7

you can also install ublock origin for pale moon

well I could find everything in vista instinctively rather than training myself to be a braindead APPer, also it didn't have 100 bloatware apps and ads like some shitty russian freeware on install.

it was still shit tho, only in comparison to todays OS making the desktop as inefficient as a phone for a social media mouth breather, makes it seem good.

Vista was a shitty OS, that's all I remember about it

>Anyone:
>Me:
Get the fuck out of here you faggot zoomer

after the Fischer Price color scheme of XP, Vista's UI looked like goddamn sci-fi
Horrific launch however, it took over a year for them to fix the driver clusterfuck

i'm not a faggot zoomer nigger so no

>Vista
>Too shitty for the computers of that time
>Too outdated for the computers that ran Win 7
It was a bastard child. Too bad GNU/Linux was too shitty for normies back then.

it was literally an alpha version of 7

the alpha version of win 10 is win 10

You'll be nostalgic for everything.

I run Vista64 on an old machine because they never made Windows 7 64 bit drivers, only big flaw is that it's not possible to disable HPET unless your bios supports that option.

>they never made Windows 7 64 bit drivers
for an hardware that I still use (nostromo by Belkin).

i have used this "windows vista" at work when it was still a supported windows version it sucked just like ever version of windows did before it and ever version afterwards.

Nobody WANTS to use Windows they just use it because they are too much of a brainlet to figure out alternatives exist.

7 is just vista sp2 with a worse theme and some removed features

Used Vista as my daily for nearly 6 years and love every minute. Would have gone longer, but I got a free copy of 7 and figured I'd install it. Vista had a few advantages over 7. Networking was better IMO. I'll always miss it.

Yeah totally, just the same as i'm nostalgic for that awesome time I got told I had cancer

>Not even replaying to the correct person
Yep, zoomer confirmed, just kys