I'll miss Flash

Adobe should stop being such a bitch and open the source code of that shit.

Attached: adios-faggots.jpg (392x412, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruffle.rs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting
youtube.com/watch?v=DO6taeNZE5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why open source that crap?

There's so much to learn about security exploits.

flash has no security issues other than accessing the real security issue aka JS
it was kill because chrome and FF claim it is a resource hog but HTML5 is even worse in that regard

Flash will never die, bless Newgrounds!

If they did some retard would fork it and that would become the new Flash, and provided it's backward compatible Flash will still live. We're trying to kill it off here man.

There exist multiple open source flash projects that work well with most old files. However each project died after some months.

I ply realm of the mad god
It uses Adobe flash
What's the problem?
Seriously this all sounds like conspiracy bs

I mean, there is work being done on a Flash PLAYER open source emulator under the name Ruffle ( ruffle.rs/ ). But adobe themselves would never make the actual flash source code available for free.
On the topic of this, check out Bluemaxima's Flashpoint, the largest archive of flash games and animations ever, some like 170GB in size, Neat project

Asking again
What's the problem with flash?
If you can't answer seriously your a conspiracy theorist

If you can't answer your own question you're either ignorant, can't read, or both.

Making it open source won't fix all the security issues.

>Asks a completely valid question.
>uh DUURHHHHH! Answer it yourself!

The fuck's wrong with you.

Attached: ryco.jpg (647x480, 27K)

okay so i am retarded ik, but what will happen to all the flash games and all the .swf when flash is done? can something else run it or are they all fizzling away with it?

>HTML5 is even worse in that regard
[citation needed from no later than the past 2 years]

basically i dont like having to install an extra plugin to use something webbased
it should just be native to the browser
like it or not, thats how i do things :)

Flash won't disappear anywhere, it just won't be supported.

Because Steve said so. Now shut up and install the quicktime plugin.

Attached: chrome-quicktime-plugin01.jpg (580x353, 27K)

How can I extract raw swf content?

flash took off when pirate versions of MX became available. it's why there is so much shit in /f/ (LOLOL i took an animated gif and attached dubstep to it, i am ar creatar now!)

i am still waiting for a game in html5 that comes even close to Gemcraft Labyrinth in terms of visuals, sounds and playability.

HTML 5hit makes ads much harder to block, that is the whole fucking reason why Flash fell out of favor with the interjew.

Flash has

>superior performance
>incredibly easy authoring
>an excellent scripting language
>oh no it requires an extension, why would anyone want extensions for their browser

Attached: 5int.png (211x239, 9K)

Tom Fulp already killed like half of the old flashmovies by automatically removing them because of music.

>Malware

Flash was never good. It was the worst kind of lazy bullshit for billions of amateurs to spew their fucking bloated Flash crap in bloated, ugly, slow-ass Flash plugin garbage all over the internet.
It should have been dead long, long, long ago.

Malware is integral part of HTML5 specification and standard:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting

where can i find a version of this without flash logo?

9 out of 10 florists disagree with you.

In 1997, Steve was chopping wood.

what's gonna happen to all those flash games i used to play on the library computers when i was a kid

Attached: fear.png (271x294, 100K)

By inspecting the element

>garbage
>GARBAGE
Take it back Anonymous.
youtube.com/watch?v=DO6taeNZE5o

>Flash cucks still trying to defend their unstable, insecure shit

Good riddance, all those Flash developers are now sleeping on the streets out of a job

There's a few projects to archive as many flash games as possible. You'll have to run them locally with some kind of flash player.

whew, a flash thread
i uninstalled flash literally a decade ago
let it go already

I('ll) miss you /f/

Attached: 1438407365550.jpg (165x206, 14K)

Oh fuck. Welp.

Attached: Lupin The III (3rd) - Laugh.gif (500x375, 558K)

Hey, we still got z0r!!

z0r.de/6461

Attached: 9c0195d9283ff99e1b6c0b8a428a2cd1.png (713x713, 495K)

It might just be tech illiteracy but I think firefox won't load flash anymore even if you tell it to. On a previous OS installation I had the entire Adobe cinematic universe and it still wouldn't work. I ended up having to change some settings in about:config.

Attached: ricky new vegas.jpg (800x600, 496K)