Linux Mint

Daily Linux Mint discussion thread.

Attached: ktee_linuxmint.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eI7QQqnV1P8
linuxmint.com/rel_tina_cinnamon.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: razer-toaster-625x352.jpg (625x352, 22K)

What's there to discuss?

Linux Mint.

Is Razer + Linux Mint the ultimate combo?

What about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=eI7QQqnV1P8

I use Linux Mint as my daily driver. Still don't know what there is to discuss.

>I use Linux Mint as my daily driver.
Prove it.

Attached: neofetch.png (1600x900, 300K)

My father uses a 12 year old laptop with Windows 7 that is super slow. Yesterday I booted into Linux Mint Live from a USB and it was as fast as if the device was new. Very excited to get him a SSD and give him the proper Linux Mint Experience™.

hi /flg/ people
is there a way to a dual boot to one OS and have a hotkey for when you want the other? For clarification, I just want to bypass the boot selection screen and have either windows or linux starting just as if they were the single bootable stuff, but maintain the ability to choose without going into the bios first.

Afaik you can do that by having one bootloader on each HDD, but that requires reinstalling both systems. Then you can set up the primary boot disk in BIOS and when you want to switch you can press F5/F8/F12 (whatever your mobo's hotkey is) to change the boot option. That will change the default boot option each time you manually boot the other OS, but it's the closest you can get the "easy way".

Based

Go with lubuntu if the laptop had less than 8 gb ram

Based setup. What's new with Iridium?

>Go with lubuntu if the laptop had less than 8 gb ram
If it had less than 2 maybe.

>mint on the media pc in the living room
>manjaro on the gaming pc in the bedroom
this is the kino setup

I have a very old rescued emachine and it runs mint with MATE fine with just 2gb. LXDE saves so little anymore it's pretty much pointless.

I've tried Debian and Ubuntu, and Mint has been the best operating system I've ever used. It has an easy to use desktop environment combined with the ability to do more complicated administrative tasks with ease, which neither Ubuntu or Debian excels at in both directions.

The two big issues with Mint is the DE locking up when too much memory is used, which is a problem since the magic sysreq keys are disabled by default. The second issue is the packages in the default library often being outdated for non-essential packages. It's a pain to have to install the newest version of mpv or obs with every fresh install.

Ok Mintbros I need some help. Right now I'm daily driving Ubuntu with MATE as my DE, and I'm wondering if Mint is worth switching to. Any pros/cons?

Mint is just so geared towards ease of use, your productivity will skyrocket when you transition to mint.

I thought that this would be case, since i'd be installing them on 2 different hard disks anyways, but, maybe I messed up something, or this is indeed always the case, but it seemed like grub always superseded the windows bootloader, no matter if I even had it disabled in the bios.

You need to unplug the other drive and only have the one you're installing the OS to plugged in.
>seemed like grub always superseded the windows bootloader
This would happen if you installed Linux after windows while having the windows drive plugged in.

nice name, fag

sorry, a bit contradictory there. typo?
should I leave the win drive plugged off or in? since it seems like the correct order would be windows first then linux.

anyway, thank you user.

oh nvm. took me a while. thanks again.

How so? Like what advantages does it have productivity wise compared to Ubuntu

Why the FUUUUUUCK won't WINE resolve dependencies on mint 19.2? This is driving me fucking bananas I knew I shouldn't have left suse

My University exclusively uses Linux Mint in our labs. It's a nice stable distro.

Read the release notes: linuxmint.com/rel_tina_cinnamon.php

>To install the stable version of WINE from WineHQ, open a terminal and type:

apt install --install-recommends wine-installer

Read the release notes: linuxmint.com/rel_tina_cinnamon.php

>To install the stable version of WINE from WineHQ, open a terminal and type:

apt install --install-recommends wine-installer

The only good thing about Mint is it doesn't use snaps

My Mint gaming station
Rate

Attached: bst1.png (2000x1477, 3.19M)

with 4gigs it works great

why manjaro?
agreed. it's a pain.
I hate the mint logo it really looks like a fucking old boomer logo for a bank or an office. The lubuntu or triskell logo looks amazing in comparison.

Attached: bgzoomer.png (1920x1080, 686K)