Gayman Laptops

After nearly 3 years, my old HP notebook for uni has finally died. Now I need a new laptop, preferably one that can run games to an excusable extent this time around. I know that gayman laptops are a meme, and if I weren’t in uni I would build my own desktop, but I’m just too mobile to not have a laptop. I have money but I’m not going to blow more than $1000 on one if I don’t have to.
I’ve done my share of lurking and I’ve learned what brands to avoid (Acer, Alienware, etc), but I’d like more foresight into this whole thing since it’s my first time buying a gaming laptop. Any advice or recommendations about what to buy, what to avoid, or where to look would be great.

Attached: 2D18C491-32AF-411B-B428-4D5DA9E25EC9.jpg (640x360, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ASUS-GA502DU-Ryzen-3750H-NVIDIA/dp/B07RDJ8DRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my bro got a Lenovo Legion which after 2 years is still holding up fine, cost only $800 too. its got a 1060 Max Q
I hear Inspirons are decent too

This is the 4th time I’ve been recommended an Inspiron. Is Dell actually a good brand then?

Cheap, powerful and portable are absolutely mutually exclusive and you have to pick two. There's damn good reason why they're considered memes.

Dell is pretty good, they have cheap gaming laptops that are about a grand but they seem pretty decent

dell is absolute garbage don't be a peasant, MSI or Apple (inb4 mactoddler, only laptop that won't break within a year)

What about a mini-itx desktop?

I thought about doing that when I still had my laptop but now I need something I can bring to class

>Apple
>only laptop that won't break within a year

MSI yes but a fucking MacBook? God no.

amazon.com/ASUS-GA502DU-Ryzen-3750H-NVIDIA/dp/B07RDJ8DRQ
this is my mobile setup. not a total powerhouse, but its lightweight, decent battery life and display and runs everything you're gonna want a mobile setup to run, all for ~a grand

And why do you want to bring a bulky ass gaymen laptop to class? Are you really going to be playing gaymes at your $25,000/year Uni?

Mactrash is now banned on planes you fucking retard.

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190814_at_19.44.38.png (1013x882, 733K)

that got you all fired up, didn't it?

I'll say, these things are practically IEDs now. Can't wait for all the planes ISIS will take down with macshit iBombs.

Attached: 1542768822623.webm (582x698, 2.72M)

Apple products really seem to bother you, but you're also tripfagging on Jow Forums, so it's not too surprising to see. I hope ISIS finds a way to exploit those batteries and kill hundreds of innocent Americans

Imagine the headlines:
"Macfaggot causes jumbo 747 to nose dive and level a local wallmart"
"Isis claims responsibility"

Somebody photoshop a beard and that towel head thingie on our favorite mactard, maybe throw in a quaran in there somewhere.

Attached: literal_terrorist.jpg (1000x736, 133K)

Nothing I get under a grand will look too manchild-y. Plus, I won’t be gayming on campus, I’ll just be using it as a work station. I just want to have the option of gaming while I’m at the apartment.

And you can't have a dedicated mini-itx setup in your apartment for that because...?

I still need something to bring to class???

Why can't that be a $300 refurbished 2500u laptop? Sure you can't play much vidya on it (1080p low at best) but it's comparable to a quad-core i7 desktop CPU in terms of CPU performance.

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-140435.png (720x1280, 196K)

I don’t want to blow my money on two computers at the moment. But that would be a good idea for the future.

You're not making this easy. I've been troubleshooting, repairing, replacing hardware on, and refurbishing desktop and laptop computers for a couple of years now. I've also assembled numerous intel and AMD systems and fine tuned their clock frequencies and voltages for the most stable, smooth, and reliable operation I can make possible.

Anyway from all those years I've come to the conclusion that laptops are a huge scam that pray upon especially college students like yourself. They're hard to repair, can't be upgraded, are crippled by TDP and power delivery limitations of a mega USFF config, and just generally aren't worth investing more than a couple hundred bucks on.

>blah blah blah
If you held me at gunpoint and forced me to choose between spending about a grand on a laptop or desktop computer I'd choose an upgradable and easy to repair desktop and just make due with my phone and a bluetooth keyboard for things like taking down notes desu.

Attached: smol-yet-malcontent-i-am-awake-but-at-what-cost-61078566.png (500x632, 175K)

WTF is with these Lenovo goons that are shilling the Legion all of a sudden?

>laptop "died" after "nearly 3 yers"
Maybe computers aren't your thing, big guy.

Nah it's an HP so that's pretty much expected desu. Surprised the hinges didn't just give out and break his LCD screen.

I've "repaired" a couple of "slow" HPs in my time and all I did was replace the factory toothpaste TIM with AS5, turned off windows animations (except thumbnails), and set all the HP services startups to manual. One of them had the TIM so dilapidated there was a pool of water from condensation on top of the CPU die.

They are reasonably priced and have a pretty solid build quality past 2015.