How much longer are desktop computers gonna stay relevant...

How much longer are desktop computers gonna stay relevant? Outside of gayming I don't see what they can do that you can't do with a 15" Retina MBP

Attached: D8G1TBW1017__50140.1541786445.png__25469.1558342020.jpg (1280x1280, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4SOS-a4ks7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

having a proper keyboard, mouse and big monitor is nice, but you can just hook your notebook up to those peripherals as well
guess in ten years or so gaming laptops will have replaced gaming desktops, they already come with desktop class processors and gpus

not only that, cloud gaming is gonna be a reality (it's not only google offering it. You can already play on paperspace servers for example)

Cloud gaming a shit.

Definitely since hardware progress has been almost exclusively focused on miniaturization and real world performances basically haven't improved in two generations, of course hidden by software blocks to hide that fact from retards.

Compile, run unit tests, shuffle containers and VMs.

Cloud gaming will never become a reality because the speed of causality adds latency. You can't change the laws of physics.

you are wrong, but OK.
We just have to wait until november to see whos right.

>the laws of physics will change in november
not gonna hold my breath for that one

Are you retarded? The latency will be way worse than vsync. Oh right, you're slow in the head, a few dozen ms of delay are normal for you.

OK, I'm wrong. I guess we can just abolish regional servers then. Latency isn't real.

For gamers, productivity and offices, PCs or small desktops are probably going to stay relevant for a long white.
For everything else, laptops and tablets already replaced desktops as facebook machines a long time ago.

Desktops and laptops are deprecated

Tablets are the future

Not like cloud gaming won't have regional servers.
There are people who argue that 30 FPS 720p gaming on consoles was "literally all you'd ever need", now we have streaming games with less latency than a 30 FPS game with a old bluetooth controller on a shitty response time panel had 10 years ago.

So who actually knows. Weirder shit has happened.

pathetic
pathetic
there is delay with all input user. It will be barely noticeable once perfected.

For the average home user it's too late, but performance critical applications and office setups are going to make sure they aren't going away either.

youtu.be/4SOS-a4ks7s
Fifty seconds in.

Tablets are deprecated

Foldable smartmemes are the future

>barely noticeable
you have down syndrome, the additional latency from the connection is at least as much as the mouse+pc+monitor latency, so it will be double.

this

laptops are even more useless than desktop

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S6-img_assist-400x244.jpg (400x244, 11K)

Macshit can't even keep up with a fucking tablet much less a desktop.

Attached: 1553089340097.jpg (1750x960, 433K)

Attached: 1567107513426.png (750x563, 80K)

as someone who's used a laptop for webdev/doding for some years now, i'm really relieved to switch to a desktop for better hardware benefits. the idea of taking my main laptop with me to visit clients never happens and I now would never do such a thing. so, why not have the speed and power of a desktop, Adobe Dimension, After Effects, Premiere, etc. all are much more comfy with a gamer system.

Attached: woman-background-black-7.jpg (1440x900, 103K)

I think I'd rather kill myself than watch movies, read pdfs, shitpost on Jow Forums on anything smaller than a 24 inch screen. How do people do it? I can't even browse the internet or read docs without a 90degree tilted screen anymore. It's so painful to scroll every 5 lines.