Librem 5ags BTFO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 4E874F57-4125-4EB8-AB54-E995726A9BDA.jpg (1933x1125, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/posts/purism-cto-presents-a-mobile-phone-that-respects-your-freedom-at-cccamp/
pine64.org/2019/08/19/its-time-to-start-giving-back/
mirror.netcologne.de/CCC//events/camp2019/h264-hd/camp19-10238-eng-A_mobile_phone_that_respects_your_freedom.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

puri.sm/posts/purism-cto-presents-a-mobile-phone-that-respects-your-freedom-at-cccamp/

>$700

Attached: F06A41A8-5FDA-4985-AFCA-0AE8EE026BE5.jpg (708x627, 55K)

Fuck Purism and their Librem One services that have tried to rip off FOSS as their own projects, very little attribution. Sad! Pinephone is a third of the price with similar specs.

Yeah, this is pretty disappointing. I was on the train until they released this image. It is unacceptably thick, there is no getting around it. I don't need flagship thin, but that is absurd.

>wooo right to repair be Damned!
>Wooo fuck data privacy!

You guys are pigs being lead to a slaughter.

I'll just be using my rotary phone, faggots!

A bit thick, but if it means it's durable with a good battery and no overheating problems I'll take it.

Literally a non-issue. Every hacker worth his salt wears cargo pants on all occasions.

Especially since they started taking $700 preorders for pic related

Attached: 547C8E17-6CD3-4927-97E2-BCA49F2E9FB2.jpg (900x506, 54K)

>pine64.org/2019/08/19/its-time-to-start-giving-back/
Imagine not buying the Pinephone in the current year.

Thickness is not a problem if you are not a tranny but the fucking price is.

I think that's thicker than my Moto z3 with the battery mod.

Only faggots wear cargo pants you larper

So this is the perfect phone for them

b-but you should think of it as seed investing for a brighter future!

wtf is with that pentagram in the corner? Are they wiccans/pagans? I remember placing that symbol on the door to my room when I was an edgy 16 year old to make my Mormon dad mad, I imagine they have similar motivations.

>15mm
>$700USD
looool

That’s what you get with a tranny as your CTO

hmm wonder w h o could be behind these posts

*sips*
ahhh... the iPhone 3G... now THAT was a phone alright

Honestly I do get this but 700 is just way too fucking much for something like this. Especially considering that purism feels a bit shady with this shit.

it's just to troll the NSA
I don't mean the pentagram, I mean the phone

>It is unacceptably thick
w-what's wrong with that?

Attached: 1551478860831.jpg (232x218, 9K)

It's not available. So it's pretty fucking easy to imagine not buying it

Nice try Purism shill, cant even get triple 6 trips right.

>that pentagram
lmao bye

>Can't make a phone call if the GPS chip and the motion sensors are off
Glowy, glowy, they want their phones back

>making phone calls
You should have a dumbphone for that. This is a pocket computer, you shouldn't use anything other than WiFi calls.

wtf is this shit? fucking satanistfags
d r o p p e d

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-30 15-40-56.png (201x187, 23K)

this.

Attached: 1564391365416.jpg (600x497, 58K)

It makes you look like a freak when you use it! And nobody is going to hate you for using a thick phone, but it will make them ask questions, and you're NOT going to have a good answer, no, dude, you're fucking not. You can't defend this phone to a normie without looking like a paranoid moron who fell for a scam. The concept images were fine, nobody would question you about that, but this is too abnormal.
And I say this as someone who preordered the thing, and until now, I have been trying to defend it on here. I can't do that anymore, because I can't see them ever making something respectable starting from THAT.
Fuck. I'm not expecting the pine phone to actually be any better because you know what every time I get my hopes up there's always a horrible let down! NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER FUCKING HAPPEN ANYMORE!

>unacceptably thick
Not really, my sonim XP8 is thicker

No applications, DOA
Remember Meego/maemo, the nail that killed it was no fucking apps and that was even before the apps boom by android and iOS

>You can't defend this phone to a normie
What kind of faggot is "defending his phone"?

That's ruggedized. This isn't.
Still, I guess I'm stuck with it, it's already been paid for. Guess I'm going to have to use two phones just to blend in and not look like a freak.
I was going to say anyone who uses this site because of how vicosly any phone gets attacked but now that I think about it Jow Forums only ever shits on phones, and the only accepted defense is "it was cheap".

>mercedes carrera
just imagine the lack of imagination

>That's ruggedized.
>This isn't.

Correct, and this phone is thinner than a fully rugged phone.
Think in terms of laptops.
The XP8 is like a Toughbook, this slim-brick is like an M4800 Precision.

Sure, it looks out of place if you're trying to look like a bugman, but dress gray-collar professional, and nobody even blinks at professional looking hardware, they just assume you use it for work.

I suppose I might be able to say that, but since it would be a lie I wouldn't be able to say that had you not suggested it. I'm a horrible liar. Thats why I wanted this thing so I could tell the truth, purged of all hypocrisy, without the bugmen realizing that it was me, and, I dunno, sending the swat team after me like google did to their whistleblower. But the more you deviate, and the more you try to protect yourself, the more you look like a monster whose perspective is divorced from reality.
And if the bugmen knew my point of view, they would say I AM an idiotic, paranoid monster. I don't want to give them evidence.

Never pay for an idea.

I don't know I think it looks quite good and I'm not even a muh thinkpad muh sun autist.
Reminds me of the older xperia. Too bad it's fuck huge like 6", that's the dealbreaker, not the thickness.

A Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of Gazelle

>Being scared of normie judgement
This is why you are a beta male.
You need to be the one setting standards. I assume you are more knowledgeable in tech than most of your peers, so try to explain them the purpose of that phone, they might even be intetested if you explain it with passion instead of fear

My actual phone (Nokia 8) is 7.9 mm thick, so this is a little less than two of my current phone stacked together. It's not that bad, but it looks nothing like the promotional renders.

Stop starring my phone, fucking faggot.

Why you shill thread defending products you own. Quite the contrary you should be extremely critical about products you bought.

>I will look like a freak for using a brick some millimeters thicker than usual
>i-its over g-guys
What sort of pettiness and cuckoldry is this? Are you fucking retarded? You literally have a blind consumer sheeple slave mind.

I will use my fat several kg thiccpad in public without any doubts and I don't give a fuck what people think about me with their ultrashit memebooks, because I know their memeboks are shit and mine allows me to get the job done as I want.
>I want tool with privacy but only if it's thin
you're such a faggot, god I hate you so much. Fuck off of my Internets you dirty subhuman.

The rick looks nice enough that only fashion kids will think anything about this. "Normal people" don't fucking care what phone you have.
With modem and GPS being M.2 style add-on cards, the slots get thick. Same reason Apple solders everything.

>so try to explain them the purpose of that phone
Wrong, just use your phone, and look at them like they're a windowlicker if for some reason they try to question it.

>it looks nothing like the promotional renders
Good, it looks more like a professional grade device now, instead of consumer trash.

I was going to be okay with the thickness but then I saw this on the spec sheet:
>Battery: User replaceable – 3,500 mAh
>3,500 mAh
>3500

Attached: tenor.gif (238x178, 660K)

That's actually more than my current phone has. Glad I preordered.

Current flagship phones have 4000+ mAh batteries and are much thinner than this. Also you're not running Android but some GNU/Linux shit on this that's probably not as optimized for low battery consumption.

Without all the telemetry, the battery consumption is probably half that of Android or iOS devices

holy shit that's thicker than xz1 compact

nigger if it's thicker then it's gonna be more durable

>3,500 mah battery
Ahahahaha
Holy shit, did these guys even hire an engineer to design this thing? How can you fuck up that badly. I bet half of the phone is empty space and the layout was done by an absolute retard. This makes me seriously doubt the build quality and durability of this phone.

Attached: a250x2.gif (320x240, 1.37M)

>What kind of faggot is defending this phone?

>Gee user your phone is huge, whats up with that?

>I-its this special phone that runs Ganu slash Linux. I got it to escape the bottnet, you see your phone is spying one and and this has a hardware switch to disable the radio so that they cant track me and it uses Free and Open source software like free as in freedom because you can view and modify that code and this phone uses really old crappy hardware but it cost $700 dollars because.....
>Spaghetti sprays violently from pockets.

That is what "hopefully the final device" will look like and those are the dimensions "they intend to have". Expect it to be much, much worse. The software side is equally bad. Who in their right mind would think that a handful of people can make a smartphone from ground up?

Around 21:45 in:
mirror.netcologne.de/CCC//events/camp2019/h264-hd/camp19-10238-eng-A_mobile_phone_that_respects_your_freedom.mp4

Also, this is the first picture of the motherboard they "just" recieved from chinese contractors. The "smartphone" was supposed to ship earlier this year.

Attached: mainboard.png (660x633, 766K)

Gee user your phone is huge, whats up with that?
>I-its this special phone that runs Ganu slash Linux. I got it to escape the bottnet, you see your phone is spying on you and and this has a hardware switch to disable the radio so that they cant track me and it uses Free and Open source software like free as in freedom because you can view and modify that code and this phone uses really old crappy hardware but it cost $700 dollars because.....
>Spaghetti sprays violently from pockets.

Come back when you finish high school

I want to believe this thing won't be doa.

But I'm sorta glad I didn't fall for the preorder meme.
Preorderlets....when will they learn?

Luckily I have the entire linux ecosystem at my disposal then

>"Respects" your privacy
>Has front cameras

Holy shit that is embarrassing. What a fucking disaster. They just took each component and set it up on a separate area of the board with whatever the sample circuit is from each chips spec sheet. So much wasted space.

>your phone is huge, whats up with that?
"It's my work phone", then change the subject.

Pretty sure vanilla linux is lighter than Android, which is basically Linux + JVM + GSF. Unless they used kde or gnome.

I'm too lazy to dig for them now, but every HN thread about the phone has been a goldmine.

If it were inverted it would be satanic, otherwise it's a just a symbol for magic

Practicing magic IS satanic. It's too bad the Librem team felt the need to advertise their daddy issues to the world like this. I would never buy a product from wiccans or whatever snowflake form of blasphemy these fags are engaged in.

Im casting a spell to make you retarded. oh look it worked

no it didnt haha i was already retarded

I already said in another thread: it's a fucking joke!

Attached: freetardphone.jpg (1920x1327, 228K)

>72538478
She thicc

Going pinephone though.

Thickness is good, it means fat battery.

WTF my gemini pda is less thick, has more battery and a fucking keyboard

everyone took the bait and pre-ordered, good job purist bro

Pinephone is same specs for half the price and it doesn't practice ""magic"".

HW design sure isn't easy. wew lad.

I like that design, it feels industrial-ish.

I just measured my Note 9 with it's plastic case, exactly 15 mm thick.

Can't you nerds just buy an Android phone and flash Linux onto it?

Attached: painfully-thick-everyone-for-mcdonalds-a-the-me-irl-2931741.png (500x699, 172K)

No. Phones aren't PCs, and not many forms of Linux work on them. Don't forget locked bootloaders, this is what happens when you don't use GPL v3.

My biggest concerns with the L5 are the 80°c load temperature of the soc.

Battery life is likely dog shit too (3-hours). They are making the external case metal to dissipate the heat. I might cancel my preorder.

Reminds me of my old IPod Video. Hell even the price is similar.

Nope. That's the pain point.

You can barely fuck with the partition table of the eMMC without it chopping off your metaphorical dick.
It needs all sorts of firmware that rests as well and out of tree patches hidden away in decrepit gits and old 10kbps down TARs on samsung's websites behind a wait/ paywall

Attached: 1560637604769.jpg (419x536, 112K)

I'm keeping my preorder mainly because I need a portable Linux device that I can interact with to store my RSA keys and whatnot while remaining completely FOSS. I currently use my rooted oneplus 6 for this but I don't like the idea the device is insecure from any real attacker.

It runs gnome, they were BTFO a long time ago.

>implying the Librem 5 trannyphone is secure
At least it dilates

God fucking damn I can't wait to unpack stage 3 SElinux bzip2 and get compiling with every single kernel harden option on

It's gonna be sick.

Does it have Vulkan support?

Attached: 117744921212d8e4422208e2728cbe1bf97af238fdec1325b0d4d491c4d16309.png (494x550, 95K)

>unlocked bootloader
Jamal thanks you for the free phone

>getting your phone stolen
Are you retarded?
>bootloaders should be locked because less than 5% of population get their phones stolen
kys. I assume we should remove UEFI/BIOS from x86 as well because people break into your home to steal your desktop and laptop as well.

>phone too thick
>also uses 10 year old thinkpad

It has bloody hardware switches for cameras.

>thick on a level that i can build at home
>presented by a tranny
>pentagrams and shit on presentation
>$700
They had a good run, see you later space cowboys.

>thick brick phone
Amazing
I really want one, but can't afford that price
Hopefully PinePhone will also be a nice brick

wtf is with that tranny in the corner?

faggot is afraid of Satania

Attached: Satanic laugh1.gif (500x491, 376K)

You can't handle the power of free hardware

implying not all shovelphones are gay

>It is unacceptably thick
i disagree.
i would buy one.

One problem with Librem is the specs. Last I checked it still ran on fucking 802.11N which is too damn slow with too much overhead. Some other components are similarly old. Yeah yeah open this and that but why didn't you put some money into developing a modern fucking wifi chipset or buying the rights to one to fully FLOSS it.
Likewise, I don't think they should have bothered without a working Android VM . These days it's not a fucking modern phone if it can't run either iOS or Android apps - it's just a tiny play computer that runs Linux and those already exist. Being able to run Android apps in a seamless vm would be objective number one if you seriously wanted to give people a privacy respecting alternative.

>Gee user your phone is huge, whats up with that?
that's what she said.