*glugluggluglugglug*

*glugluggluglugglug*
oh god yes Microsoft please give me more of your semen YES PLEASE VIOLATE MY HARDWARE MORE I BEG YOU

Attached: assrape.jpg (787x593, 109K)

>hard drive
>2019

Cope

>muh spinning rust
>muh 150 iops
Yep, microsharts fault.

There's a service you're supposed to turn off dumb sharter, I think either indexing or file search.

it might be time to upgrade your disk

Attached: xerox.jpg (1495x1425, 547K)

2.1MB/s 100% disk util
4GB of ram
2.3 ghz clock

The funny thing is that people always defend this and tell you to buy an SSD. I think Microsoft never patched this on purpose, they probably got tons of money from SanDisk/Kingston and other SSD manufactures, there's no other excuse other than pushing SSDs.

>use ancient technology
>surprised modern OS throttles on it
>blame Micro$oft your toaster designed to run XP doesn't run 10 good enough
>complaining on Jow Forums instead of searching for solutions

It's almost as if having an OS installed to an SSD makes the OS run multitudes faster

imagine unironically paying 10x to use hardware that doesn't let you delete files, LOL

*has to zero out your entire disk to erase a file*

no that's not how it works

Of course it does, doesn't explain the 100% usage bullshit that makes Windows 10 unbearable on HDDs.

yeah it does on a hard drive

You're gonna need to open wider than that user :)

my SSD doesn't have this problem :^)

unused disk is wasted disk

no you only have to wipe the sectors you retard. hard drives only remap sectors when the drive is failing

More like Microsoft understood that most people would be using an SSD for their system drive by now
There is legitimately almost no excuse to not have an SSD as a system drive, even for GNU/Linux and the people so hardcaore about their HDDs seems to miss the fact you can have more than one drive in a PC and SSDs and HDDs can coexist peacefully

This, I'd be pissed if my disk wasn't running at 100%. Like get off your ass and DO something Windows!

I've got a 2012 laptop with 8Gb ram, an i5-2520m and a 5400rpm hooked up to my tv. It can take like 5 minutes to boot the windows and a minute to launch chrome. It has no viruses unless you consider the telemetry shit Microsoft rapes your computer as a virus. I've ran a script to disable all updates on it but microsoft still shoves their e-cock into my laptop with 100% disk usage. I just can't be assed to deal with it. Might be better just to buy a raspberry pi 4 and install some htpc centered OS with a IR blaster module so you can use a tv remote or something on it. Pic related is what it's like to use windows 10 home edition on my laptop.

Attached: 1555692384270.jpg (750x903, 45K)

looks comfy

>ssd's become cheap
>OS is optimized around using ssd
hard drives were never good at anything beyond bulk data storage

>Complains about Microsoft telemetry
>Uses chrome
>Uses Intel
Retard

Click on "Open Resource Monitor" and find out which part of Windows is doing it. Maybe it's not disadvantageous to turn that part off. For instance the indexing service is useless IMHO.

You sure you don't just have a shit drive there buddy

Attached: example.png (671x594, 45K)

install 8.1 embedded

op here, I have the same CPU on another laptop although I forgot what the hdd was
manjaro with KDE ran on it like a dream, the snappiest I've ever seen it
on the other hand, windows 7 with half of the services disabled in a fresh install ran like absolute shit

play for new software which is slower then older version...

Attached: FAGGOT.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>Write speed 221 KB/s
Are you fucking serious?

Attached: cpu usage.png (763x721, 48K)

>implying a "modern" OS being bloated is acceptable

I have windows 10 and hdd and I don't have this problem.

Attached: Shobitch - 01.mp4_snapshot_13.58_[2019.08.31_16.50.29].jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>9600k
You got punked and clowned

how do you disable the anti virus scanning from happening every day? for some reason they think its necessary to scan the full drive every time youre idle, every day.

feels good man

Attached: file.png (636x650, 53K)

*Meanwhile in Windows 8.1 with an HDD*

Attached: Taskmgr.png (660x600, 24K)

>DOESNT SHOW WHICH PROCESS IS DOING IT

NICE BAIT

I don't ever remember a time when I felt helpless at not being able to understand a tech problem. That's not to say I never had problems I couldn't solve, its just that within the framework of my mind, the problems/concepts of the problem were fairly simple to understand and many times, I could/have solved it.

All it took from me is to spend about 5-30 minutes at each of the problem with earnest interest and I would get a rough idea on what the problem was. Its not THAT hard to change your life, OP.

Instead of being mystified by a problem/technology, you can tackle the problem yourself.

windows 10 boots in like 10 seconds on my SSD and 2700x build

>hard drive for boot drive
>two partitions for windows on your boot drive
>300 GB drive split in two partitions
you are so fucking stupid it actually hurts

my SSD doesn't have these problems

>ramlet & corelet
I feel bad for you, son

>running Windows on an HDD
You literally are begging for this issue.

ITT: Pajeets working overtime on a Saturday night to shill for Winshit 10

It took 5 sec to boot with hdd, my old laptop running win 8.1. After upgrading to win 10 yes it's ages to boot. Before switch to ssd i recommend disable search index, system restore, superfetch, virtual memory and debloat windows.

EVER SEE A MICROSOFT FORUM QUESTION FIELDED BY THE RANJEET SQUAD

HOLY SHIT ENTIRELY USELESS
THE BRITS SHOULD HAVE NEVER TAUGHT THEM ENGLISH

>my HDD is failing
>Hurumph-a-Dumph microsoft!!!

I got an extremely shitty cheap hp stream with thirty-two (32) gb emmc """"drive""" from an old relative who never used it. Basically an oversized shitty smartphone that you can't make calls over lol. But it was basically new and free. Wanted to use it as a throw away computer for any random shit I wanted to do.
Windows had consumed 31 gb, sometimes shrinking it down to 0. Constant 70%-100% CPU usage.
Removed windows and installed Ubuntu. 21gb space left with like 50% CPU usage bc it's still a price of shit.

In conclusion, fuck hp.

based

Attached: .png (171x242, 3K)

Doesn't it bother you that your drives aren't in alphabetical order?

no, because im not some autist that keeps task manager opened 24/7

Same shit here. I've installed it twice on laptops and both have had this issue. Here's what an user said in a thread a few weeks ago.
>Actual answer is that smartscreen and/or real time protection is freaking out.
>Has happened to me multiple times even on fresh installs, so I just disabled both through group policy because Microsoft wants to keep turning it on behind your back.
Haven't tried it yet personally, but maybe this will help you.

I have an nvme drive on my 3600 PC, but it's in the living room while the TV is in the bedroom.

Wait it to finish. Just take a couple hours.

IS IT WSEARCH INDEXING SERVICE, HOW DO WE KNOW

HE COULD JUST BE RUNNING SOME DISK TRASHING SOFTWARE FOR THE SCREENCAP

HE SHOULD HAVE OPENED RESOURCE MANAGER AND SHOWED THE PROCESS

BUT THEN IT WOULDNT BE BAIT :^)

> 320 Gb SATA-II 300 Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" 5400rpm 8Mb
> 4 GB RAM
Literally install SSD and more RAM, or Linux. Also stop being poor.

You know, it's funny. I see a lot of people talk about how in the past they were so amazed about the speeds of previous systems on a hard drive and now Windows 10 comes along and suddenly everything is slow as heck and everyone has to buy an SSD.

Suck my dick. Windows 7 (the oh so great OS that Microsoft wants to kill after 10 fucking years of support because "they're just assholes") on a hard drive is still slow as dicks compared to installing it on an SSD. In previous years it was much worse. Windows 98SE was a waiting game. XP on any cheap computer back when it came out was fucking unusable. I know you motherfuckers, the three of you who still hang around saying "SSDs are a meme". You're fucking poor and hanging onto ancient technology. You do not know what you're talking about, simple as that.

The Laura of Wet Blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)