Why is technology becoming worse?

Attached: 1564132469417.jpg (1075x1161, 832K)

Anyone using an electric car outside of a city commute is retarded, quite a nothing burger OP

care to explain your pic OP?

It isn't. You're just getting better, and technology hasn't kept pace.

park your fagmobile in a concrete parking garage

I agree, 7 years ago -- MyWi or MyFi hotspot, for $200, then $15 a month unlimited 3G hotspot, so tiny you wouldnt even know its in your pocket, now pay $60 a month, contract, and huge hotspot

Still ironically cheaper than gasoline and if the power generation is mostly nuclear, better for the environment.
What are you mad about? That the range isn't the same? Every single automobile association recommends stopping every hour or two to take a break anyway.

false, most compact cars have are 75mpg which are MUCH cheaper to run than charging Tesla, also, Toyota Prius with 60MPG also is cheaper to run and service than Model 3 for example.

Electricity is just too damn expensive in the US, the delivery costs are insanely high

>most compact cars have are 75mpg

diesel maybe, but in murica 30 mpg is considered good

What the fuck even is this image ?

>Electricity is just too damn expensive in the US
You should see what it costs elsewhere!

a basedcuck driving an electric car along florida

God what a clusterfuck of an image. From what I can tell it appears to say that it would take about 9 hours and cost around $38 to drive from miami to some shithole outside talllahassee, 1:10 mins of which would be spent charging.
Miami->Tallahassee in my 18mpg shitrig would cost about $75 in 7 hours on fastest route, not accounting for time stopped.
Not sure exactly what the problem is...

My turbo'd shitbox gets 32mpg in traffic while running the piss out of it

Really cool man. So...?

Nice VW

You left out the parts about the car mostly self driving itself on the freeway and the huge infotainment system to go with it.

I agree. Among many other things the Tesla is better at than basically every other car.
Like I said, I don't see the problem.
Even without asking what model it is, it's a fucking supercar being used for a cross-country journey it's not designed for, and it still seems to be better in almost every way than the non-tech option. OP is retarded.

Show me US cars that normies would buy with that mpg
Even with 75 mpg that's still worse than a electric

>t. Tesla marketting department
buying a car that can't be used for the most basic of road trips is fucking retarded.

Civilized places have rates of at most $0.10/kwh

>Buying a car for a thing 90% of people do at most once a year

>refusing an option because most people rarely use it
I swear you electric car cucks never drive outside of your daily commute.

>normies

... are you retarded user? Why would you advocate people base their decision making around something most people almost never do with their vehicles?
And then on top of everything the tesla STILL DOES IT BETTER fucking kek

>why buy a car with options
because most normal people are open to the idea of having the option to drive a long distance if needed. it's one of the reasons only enthusiasts give a shit about electric cars.

If I do it's well within my range
If I need to drive a ungodly distance I'll rent a car

Enthusiast opinions on cars aren't relevant to the normal car market
I don't know of any car made within the last 20 years with that kind of mileage

Would you buy a car that is lacking in 10% of you daily life or one that is lacking in 90% of your daily life?

>having to rent a car to drive out of state
>he pays extra for this "feature"
you do you, I guess

The OP's image literally demonstrates that the Tesla can drive a long distance, and do it better than a normal car, you fucking mongoloid.

I'd buy a normal car that is better than the electric options in every way. It's almost like a gas powered car fulfills all of my needs without having to pay a premium for some moral superiority.

>get stuck in traffic (accident, etc.)
>car dies
>whole trip is over

>he thinks that image is showing Tesla is good at long distance trips
barely making it out of state is not what I have in mind for such a pricey vehicle.

>I'd buy a normal car that is better than the electric options in every way.
So, none of them.

This
If I was a contractor or tradesman I'd drive a truck, but since I have no use for a truck I don't own one
The car that makes the most logical sense to be own is a electric

Why would I own a car for doing a thing I rarely do?

You'd have to try hard to let your car actually die in traffic
Electrics are amazing at sitting in traffic, which is why I commute in one

You knew what you were buying and where you were living, ya idiot. Frankly Im impressed it made ir as well as it did.

Eh, you must be the OP or someone just as illiterate. The point is that us normies stop to piss and shit and eat along the way, at which time you charge your fucking supercar, while apparently you are stacking up your pissjugs and spending more money in one tenth of the comfort...

>literally any plug in the wall is a gas station
>I'm so retarded I still run out of gas

>spending an hour+ charging
yikes

Driving for more than 2 hours uninterrupted isn't comfy

There is no way you have ever driven the kind of distance in the OP's pic if you don't think you won't be stopped for more than an hour in any case just to fulfill basic shit like refueling and eating and taking a shit and just getting the fuck out of the car because sitting for 7 hours straight sucks ass, etc.
Move out of the basement user, leave this kind of thing to the people who have actually done it.

>most compact cars have are 75mpg

ya, bullshit unless you're running your engine illegally lean and creating destructive NOX/SOX exhaust.

i've driven for 10 hours with only a single stop user, my car has a range of 400+ miles on one tank

Please. I go 12 hours only stopping for gas and 3 minute piss breaks. What are you, geriatric?

>driving sucks. My ass hurts. Its been 2 hours, i need to get out and clean my diaper for 25 minutes.
Why even live in America if you dont road trip. Fucking zoomers.

Because I have other shit to do

No, retard, you can just rent a car for the one road trip you make every three years. Lots of people do this anyway no matter what vehicle they own.

Lets break this down.

Circa now, buying a Tesla if you want to save gas costs, is retarded.

Model 3: $50,000
Civic: $20,000

Model 3: $0 cost for fuel per se
Civic: $1000 annually

Tesla: 250 mile range (generous)
Civic: 40 mpg with 400 mile range

Tesla: Maintenance = arm and leg
Civic: Most expensive replacement would be a clutch at $800 installed

Most people own cars for 7 years

It would take around 22 years to replace the cost of the fuel you saved in the cost of the car.

>Civic: $20,000
prius prime is around 20k after tax credits too

You do know with car tax credits you have to pay them back right?

Primes start at $27,600. The civic was used as a baseline not a standard. The prime is a 25 mile range hybrid, lol.

The prius prime credit is around $3,500 according to the federal government. Where did you get the $7,500 from? It's never been that for a prime

>Civic: 40 mpg

that's pretty generous.

This shit sells for 600 euro.
Tons of similar cars for similar price.
If you care about money, that is what you buy.
This is the cheapest way to get from point A to point B.

Attached: opelastra.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

>Rent a car for week long trip
>Every ~1.5 hours it would ask
>Would you like to take rest? (Coffee mug)

Attached: 5-40-6-would-you-like-to-take-rest-4-37916809.png (500x698, 160K)

maybe his state offers matching credits. I know Connecticut did for some time. It's still a property tax trap though.

Then dont talk about shit you dont know the slightest thing about. Having to stop every 2 hours for 25 minutes like clockwork would be hell when you trying to get to somewhere so you can spend your time there.

cali got more subsidies

it only does that if you're a retarded faggot who can't stay in his lane or use turn signals. he has the lane departure feature on.

I agree with you

You still have to pay that credit back in some odd 10 years or so. Government in the U.S. isn't known to just give away money for free 99.

If I have a long distance to travel I'd look to other options than driving
Sadly cars work the best because America is built to burn as much fossil fuels as possible so cheap long distance transit doesn't exist

>$50k price quoted
>250 miles
>It's actually the $40k version of the car that only gets that mileage
>really people get the $35k version anyway because for daily driving you don't need hundreds of miles

That's tea, not coffee.

You're dumb enough to think that's a coffee mug?

What are you retardef? There are copious amounts of tax breaks. You dont "pay that money back". Its meant to incentevize certain behaviour that the government wants for economic, social, or political reasons.

let him cope

So in other words you dont know what your talking about.

Okay, so lets use the $32k version. Lets even count the $3,750 credit.

So say it costs $28k. That's 8k more than the civic. It still takes 8 years to recoup the cost if you compare mileage and don't count for electricity cost at all which averages $500/year.

So you save $500/year on fuel. Congrats, it's now taking 16 years to recoup the cost...

Also, if anything breaks on the Tesla, say goodbye to your wallet.

Oh wait, the 32k version already has the credit applied. It's actually 38k.... Jesus fuck. It's even more retarded to buy one right now.

LOLOLOL. Batterylets on suicide watch

buy used for 70% off in the 2020 recession

Actually kek'd

What? Civics since like 1992 have gotten 40mpg combined nearly 100% of the time. lol

The only exception is if you live in shit york

>Comparing a civic to a Tesla
The Chevy bolt exists and is cheaper than a model 3

Bolt is $37k

I'd rather spend an extra 2k and have a tesla...

>most compact cars are 75mpg
KEK

This is from Chevy's website

pic related

Attached: Opposite of Usain.png (648x648, 30K)

Go cry to whoever made that map. Tesla chargers litter Florida, taking up what little parking there is.

all I see is 30/38, and that's not the "combined MPG" either where it's probably around 35.

Once you own one, you'd know.

Hell, my STi is quoted for 17/21 or some shit, but if I put cruise control on and go on the highway, I can easily hit 28 mpg. And that's on a built car too....

>Bolt
Anyone buying a Bolt over Model 3 because they hate Elon Musk is stupid.

No, user, you can buy the car for $32k, you just have to buy it directly from Tesla. Also, if you're going to be anal about individual costs, you have to add oil, filters, and coolant to the costs of the Civic. Civics don't get 40mpg, btw, they get like 30-35.

This is also an argument based entirely around gas not going up in price during your proposed time period, even though underage people on this board can remember a time it was $3.50/gallon.

>Buying new
>2019

Do you actually calculate your mpg from odometer and amount of fuel you needed to fill up?

The ones on the display are pretty shite.

Why?
The bolt is from a competent automaker
The bolt is cheaper
The bolt has less issues
The bolt will be cheaper to repair

I remember when 93 was $0.60/gallon

Also, oil change intervals for a civic is 15,000 miles. So once a year. a Filter is $9. Coolant is $5/year

If you're going to be in a car conversation, know car knowledge first.

Yes.

Odometer vs tank capacity vs miles driven

>The bolt has less issues

You keep bringing up this and repair costs as though its a given, even though it's not. Half of the cost of the car is literally the battery and that has an eight year warranty.

What are the egregious costs associated with the Model 3?

7500 miles, the pennies add up.

>GM
>competent
kek

>oil change intervals for a civic is 15,000 miles.

Lmao wut. Post proof now. I don't know a single zero weight oil car in 2019 or 2020 doing 15k between oil changes. 10k? Sure.

Honda states that under normal driving conditions, they recommend under 10k but even 20k won't hurt the car.

>tfw retards trying to convince you gas cars are better on a technology board
KEK

>Tfw someone is trying to be smart not understanding that even a toothbrush being better than another toothbrush is technology.

Imagine being this dense

Buying some used piece of shit or just driving your existing car to death is better than any current electric offering in terms of cost and saving the environment.

Yet that has literally nothing to do with the technology of the cars in question, in which case electric is clearly competitive. All it will take is another oil crisis and its a game changer.

Transition from one status quo to another always brings downers. The change from gas to electric is the biggest change since horses to gas. This makes many nervous.

Technology for who? Rich westerners who like to larp as climate conscious faggots? Oil crisis isn't happening. Anyone who isn't playing ball is going to get sanctioned by the US anyhow.

user, shut the fuck up, nobody cares about your retard spergeout and your illuminati hegemon copout doesn't mean anything.

Here, I'll just repeat it, since what you said was pointless:
That has literally nothing to do with the technology of the cars in question, in which case electric is clearly competitive. All it will take is another oil crisis and its a game changer.

Only someone emotionally invested in his non-electric car would claim something like an oil crisis can be controlled.

Electric cars are patently inferior technology though.

So what are you even on about? There is nothing competitive about a tesla. Maybe its competitive against some faggot's waste of money Mercedes.

Nope, they're competitive technology that gets people off of oil dependency, makes a meaningful step towards fixing the environment (just need to get rid of coal plants), and are appropriately priced. Only REAL issue with them is that they are new enough that it'll take some time before they're well represented in the used market.

You think electric cars are safe from a non specific crisis in the oil supply chain? Jesus you people are outright retards. Instead of leap frogging from one piece of shit tech, gas cars, to another piece of shit tech, electric cars, you can just kill cars altogether. Cars are shit and electric ones are overweight, low energy dense, walking chemical fire hazards that only larping environmentalists can afford. Your car charges slower than a fucking gas car, gets less range, has problems with cold weather, and manages to incur more energy to make and run til end of useful life than any reasonable sedan running an ice engine.