Google to shift Pixel smartphone production from China to Vietnam

>Google is moving aggressively to shift production of its Pixel smartphone from China to Vietnam as it seeks to build a low-cost supply chain in Southeast Asia that will serve as a springboard for its growing hardware ambitions.
>Working with a partner, Google started work this summer to convert an old Nokia factory in the northern Vietnamese province of Bac Ninh to handle production of Pixel phones, two people familiar with the company's plans said. This is the same province where Samsung developed its smartphone supply chain a decade ago, so Google will have access to an experienced workforce.
asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Tech-scroll-Asia/Google-to-shift-Pixel-smartphone-production-from-China-to-Vietnam

Based or cringe?

Attached: https---s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com-psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4-images-0-3-3-8-22328330-1-eng-GB-8D8 (5472x3078, 914K)

What happened to all the HTC stuff they bought? I thought that included their factories?

Who cares, Google phones are shit and the Pixel 4 phones won't have a fingerprint reader.

Cringe.

Bunch of jews who just want to increase their profit margins.

It won't affect consumers in any way meaningful though. Funny I'm a VC and Pixel phones aren't even officially distributed here.

>It won't affect consumers
Except Vietnam makes even shittier products than China

>actually using the fingerprint reader

Why can't companies just pay a proper wage for shit or just don't build it at all

Cause either they get a shittier margin of profit or a higher price compared to their competitors, or having no products to sell, business people want a good business, big fucking news.

VIETNAM BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I KNOW THAT WE THE NEW SLAVES

Because even if they wanted to, these boomer fucks that would be doing the job would expect their old timey middle class lifestyle on labor done in shitholes like China and Vietnam for much less.

They didn't buy HTC

They are paying proper wages, but proper Vietnamese wages not American.

I mean fair wages. Why can't they pay fair wages and MAKE AMERICAN PHONES ON AMERICAN SOIL?

How can America stay ahead of the entire world if they keep outsourcing to poor countries? Eventually ecery poor country will hoard the wealth and become big like China and become semi developed. Then there's no place to outsource to. That could happen before 2060. Then Vietnam becomes the enemy again.

Attached: we don't need China says trump.jpg (483x634, 45K)

Because all businesses value profit over everything with no regard or empathy for employees. Employees are a means to an end for them.
Capitalism incentivizes the sociopaths of our time to rise to business leadership positions as they have these key traits.

>Based or cringe?
Uhhh, I don't... Care? Know? Why is this exactly news?
>as it seeks to build a low-cost supply chain
This happens all the time.

That's treason though. They're literally going against trumps wishes.

>That's treason though. They're literally going against trumps wishes.
I don't care. Neither do businesses. At least not those that are too big to fail anyway. And really - you would feel bad if you "betrayed" a buffoon and a charlatan?

>Google is moving aggressively to shift production of its Pixel smartphone from China to China
What did he mean by this?

Based! FUCK CHINKS

>can't they pay fair wages and MAKE AMERICAN PHONES ON AMERICAN SOIL?
Why do that when you can pay some chink in a factory a fraction of what you would pay in America and get the same quality product?
>How can America stay ahead of the entire world if they keep outsourcing to poor countries?
America is still where the R&D happens and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.
>ecery poor country will hoard the wealth
You're delusional if you think people earning $600 a year can hoard "wealth" and turn their country into china.

watch the netflix show american factory. the chinese are like 3 times the american worker in terms of efficiency and work ethic. the first thing americans want to do is unionize.

Aren't Viets just darker Communist chinks?

American corporations sold out the country long ago. If Trump gets 4 more years, he'll barely be able to land a big enough hit on china for them to stop vassalizing other countries. And that is IF he wins the election and IF he actually manages to get anything through because his GOP friends are the biggest chinacucks in the world

This is very pro China. I didn't know China was this far ahead in fundamental ways.

shit phone is shit

>implying this so called Chinese efficiency is not just a product of the tyranny of the Communist Party, which pretty much bans worker unions
Y-yeah, just let yourselves be fucked in the ass as much as the Chinese guys, maybe then our overlords will deem us worthy of jobs.

>>Google is moving aggressively to shift production of its Pixel smartphone from China
NOOOOOOO GOOOGERRUUU PREEEEEEZ AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1566865538757.jpg (1185x1332, 339K)

>this is very pro-china
You're the only one suggesting that China isn't a merkantilistic shithole that will collapse just like every other unified Chinese state in history

>springboard

Every state collapses sooner or later.

Based.
Chinkoro stay mad

>To a commie dictatorship from a commie dictstorshi

I-it's about freedom!

stfu commie, it's the only way forward. You wanna pay $5000 for a phone?

How does that boot taste?

Or be Africa and stay collapsed

Well it already slowly crawled up to 1k, it's just a matter of time.

BASED

Attached: cant-get-fired-if-you-dont-have-a-job-imágenes-49203141.png (500x483, 91K)

That's probably inflation.