My machine overheated and this happened

Left my laptop charging overnight and woke up to it fuming .
The charging port went toast and left holes in my motherboard I checked for a fair amount of time and didn't see any other damage than that part of the charging port . Does my machine has a change to live again if install another port and try to reconnect the gaps using solder and jack wires or is it just a destroyed motherboard and I'm fucked? I was thinking about doing something like this youtu.be/oDvlLti8h-klea
In urgent need of help so if you're gonna comment trolling or with a response that won't help my situation fuck off already .

Attached: received_1561094490694305.jpg (1548x1161, 196K)

>fuck off already
you will

really depends on the cause, but i'm 95% sure you'll need to do more work than just replacing the power connector and closing any broken traces
if it were me, i'd try to power it up just in case, and if it doesn't work, back it up and replace it
be glad it didn't literally burn your house down with you in it

Possibly recoverable, but good chance there are mid layer tracks that are wrecked. Port will be a few bucks, worth a shot.

As to the rest of you faggots, this is why you resolder your jack as soon as they start to loosen from the board. That's arc damage.

It couldn't be designed to fail like that. something else shorted and drew too much current from your charger so you'll need to replace the power plug and find the initial fault that caused this symptom
>In urgent need of help so if you're gonna comment trolling or with a response that won't help my situation fuck off already .
Also stop being a fucking dick. A lot of people that could've helped you will ignore this thread just because you couldn't take those god damn trolls

>using laptops which have power jacks soldered to the board

Attached: 1526080473141.png (471x467, 330K)

I removed the charging port because the plastic inside of melted and it was loosely connected . I Didn't take the risk of charging it up . I am trying to find a compatible charging port to replace the last one cuz buying another motherboard is so expensive (it would cost 1.5k ) and I don't have that kind of money . I took out the drives and they still work fine but I really need a fast fix cuz I use it alot

>another motherboard is so expensive (it would cost 1.5k
Which laptop is that

well if it's just arc damage from a loose connector, and the resulting heat from it arcing for possibly hours hasn't destroyed nearby components, it may be repairable

>Stop being a dick
I know I'm just stressed and I don't have neither the brain cells not the patience to support someone trolling me in a situation like this

>I don't have neither the brain cells not the patience to support someone trolling me in a situation like this
iktf

Msi gt72 6qd dominator g

not op but i find it very unlikely,
the damn thing has burned the fiberglass for fuck shake

Don't bother wasting your time. There are middle level board traces that got toasted as well. You don't know where they go.
*USUALLY* you keep out not power related traces from that zone, but the MB maker could have been pressed for space.Since you don't know the stackup, you can't say soldering a few wires will make it work. The missing material also acts as a heatsink, you can't say for sure that copper didn't melt an short the other layers.
And finally, if you're asking if it's possible to fix this, you don't have the background to actually do this. I know enough about solder work to know that trying to fix this is not possible.

>I know enough about solder work to know that trying to fix this is not possible.
Bullshit. If you knew what you claim you know you would know the pins can be wrapped with low gauge copper to allow the backfill. Go LARP elsewhere faggot.

What laptop is it? Did you charge it with the adapter provided with the laptop? Plugging in another adapter with a higher voltage output may have caused the damage if that is the case.
You should probably get a replacement, I'm not sure if they sell separate motherboards but that stuff looks damaged beyond repair. If it's a new laptop you could probably RMA it.
>In urgent need of help so if you're gonna comment trolling or with a response that won't help my situation fuck off already.
This ironically causes more trolling, don't comment this. This is Jow Forums after all.

Forget it, the damage to the PCB is too severe.
Best you can do is hunt for a donor board with few defective ICs where you can put some of your shit onto and possibly revive, but I would just go straight for a new/used board.

What laptop, OP?

Chances are pretty dim Tbh
Those smd caps and resistors are toast too, better send that thing to Rossmann

you're fucked
get a new board or dab on whatever shit laptop you were using and get something that's actually serviceable, see

i was about to say say the same but he is right about the inner layers, you never know if the boar layout engineer had to run a trace near the power connector that is now gone
We don't even have a schematic or board layout so we can't even check what are the components near the burn that likely are damaged and what traces run near the blown connector

What the fuck are you talking about? That other user is totally right. If those burn holes hit any traces in the inner layers, you're fucked. There's no way to even figure out where they are, much less solder wires to them.

>Implying the PCB is only 2 layers
>"If you just throw some copper wire on it, I'm sure it will work OP"

Attached: 2014+5 still using gifs.webm (1280x720, 1.03M)

Yes I am fairly new to soldering but all the things I repaired have been successful so far . About the copper melting , if it is visible I couldn't see any . I don't know anything about the stack up but my laptop is fairly big so I don't thing the maker would need to cram up that place specifically . My choices are limited my friend it's between trying to improvise or throw my machine in a garbage bin ... Things are not looking good for me . If it's was you what would you choose?

post the bottom

kill yourself

OP READ THIS
I find it unlikely that a charger would allow enough current for such a damage to occur so maybe check if your charger is gone too

OP HERE. The machine is
Msi gt72 6qd dominator g

>laptop nearly goes housefire mode
>has to consult Jow Forums to ask if housefire starter can be salvaged to start future housefires

Not your personal tech support board. Fuck off and never come back.

Yeah the charger is toast too

>his laptop's power jack isn't connected to the motherboard by a flexible cable

the ground popped off my charging port and it went black (from burning slightly) but laptop was fine after replacing it.
this is not and will never be "fine".

Seems like my most viable option right now

throw it out and get a new one.
it's cheaper than a house fire.
ignore everyone else in this thread.
t. electrical engineer

Trust me I need the PC more than the house so if you know about any spell or magic trick that will help me get out of this fucked situation go ahead I'm all ears

livestream it

I'm talking about backfilling the holes so the pins on the new charge jack are close enough to what's left of the pads to solder, you stupid cunts. What part of "pins can be wrapped with low gauge copper to allow the backfill" did you faggots not comprehend? I was one of the first ITT to point out there is also likely layer damage. Choke on a bag of nigger dicks.

Just fucking ghetto wire something up to make sure the thing still works before you buy the jack. You have your answers, now fuck off.

>If it's was you what would you choose?
I'd consider ebay to see if there's a MB/CPU available, if not and/or too much, I'd toss it.
Like I said, on MB you have 'keep out zones' for various types of traces (which is what the white silk screen box seems to be indicating). the burn mark appears to go past the silk screen defined zone.The problem is just connecting a few pins back isn't enough. With power, you often use the copper on the MB to dissipate heat. there could be middle layers that might not get connected again after you attempt to repair it. Or worse, you short a ground layer/power layer trying to repair the PCB.
When you talk about 'PCB repair' you usually talk about repairing the components *on* the PCB, not the PCB itself. Exceptions to this might be 'white wiring'/skywiring something or cutting a trace, but that's beyond the scope of this convo.

Attached: 1401501138910.png (1920x1080, 243K)

motherfucker i agreed with you but also pointed the trace inner layer trace damage just like you did.

hey op stop buying fucking gamer shit and get a thinkpad
they don't do this shit
or a latitude
anything but gamer shit
you fucking retard

Here.

Attached: my friend.jpg (1048x1397, 475K)

Well good. I'm glad we had this conversation then you cock sniffing jizzlord.

Thanks really saved my day everything is all good now

Attached: 63263466.jpg (184x184, 13K)

please kill yourself, if your laptop is that important to you, you have no reason for being alive
honestly
you still have the hard drive right
that's all you fucking need you little spergy dipshit LOL

Attached: lol.png (361x332, 137K)

> jUst WRaP iT In CopPeR
>Don't worry about any shorts that may have been created by the fire
>I'm sure the middle layers are still properly connected, so repair should be easy!!11!one!
t. brainlet

Some traces are completely and utterly fucked, if it works after some soldering its a fucking miracle.

It will either work, or it won't. If OP is so desperate to try a repair, the few bucks a jack will cost is worth the roll. Are you really so fucking dense that you cannot understand that logic?

>The house fire didn't burn everything down the first time, let me buy a barrel jack and try again.

Attached: 1389068220023.png (778x1068, 48K)

kill yourself, stupid redditor

Not my problem. If OP is that retarded that's on him.

Try again.

you don't need a jack to test if it works you retard
just connect the wires directly

What do you need that much portable computing power for?
It's gayming, isn't it, you dumb fucking nigger.