Holy shit Discord is trash

Holy shit Discord is trash

Attached: 012201908.png (459x232, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

live.hello-matrix.net/live.html#matrix.hello-matrix.net/!sBcCeweWXOjVViEiIY:hello-matrix.net/Hello, Matrix!
matrix.to/#/#installgentoo:matrix.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Matrix doesn’t have this problem

irc doesn't have this problem

If you're using that piece of shit, not being able to send more than 2000 characters is the least of your problems.

irc servers tend to have much shorter limits than 2000

There are many other things to criticize Discord over, being able to write a single line message longer than what this very imageboard allows seems to be low on the list.

Use Matrix instead anyway

They just split the message up and send it as multiple if it goes over character limit.

Jow Forums has this exact problem

what's wrong
are you having a mental breakdown and typing a novel to someone?
she's not worth it
neither is that server

Oh there are definitely more problems but being allowed to post only one (1) image makes it impossible to feature every single error it has. Jow Forums is more public so unwanted spam is harder to ignore. PMs in Discord are not public and both parties should respect each other to not spam other, blocking is easy as well, so this limit makes absolutely no sense.

No, that's what clients do. Most servers I know usually chomp the message at the limit (512 bytes, including source and CRLF parts) if it's not way too long, otherwise drop connection due to excess flood.

>CRLF
>not LF
Major cringe alert

Read the RFCs, retard.

This isn't Disshit. Go back.

Thankfully, this isn't Jow Forums.

Attached: 2018 November 23 - Everyone is still a newfag.jpg (1683x1690, 281K)

DISCORD IS LITERALLY A CHINK BOTNET OWNED BY TENCENT AKA CHINESE GOVT

Attached: 1559072926789.jpg (1000x642, 619K)

So what? Chinks aren't going to arrest you for wrongthink. It's always worse than when your own government spies on you.

>I NEED MY APP TO TELL MY FUCKING BLOGSTORY OF AN ADVENTURE
Fuck off, Harry Potter

hello welcome to Discord technical support

We would like you to do the needful and reinstall discord. Please go to Control Panel and uninstall the program, and then reinstall the latest version.

If this has helped you with your problem please mark the thread as solved and also click the link next to my username that says "Add Kudos"

>Chinks aren't going to arrest you for wrongthink
try living in China, they might as well kill you

>So what? Chinks aren't going to arrest you for wrongthink.
uhhhh user

Wrrrrong

That was her point. Your government spying on you is worse than some foreign government. If you live in China, NSA spying isn't really much of a concern.

>to be courteous
>implying it's not because their incompetent dev team hardcoded the 2K buffer and any attempt to do dynamic allocation would instantly result in ten thousand security vulnerabilities

D I S C O R D
J
A
N
N
I
E
S

Attached: discord_annies.png (921x614, 64K)

>forcing dead meme

Nothing good ever happens on discord anyway. Also, this place has the same limit. If your essay is that important you could split it up into a few sections.

You're fucking retarded. Do you know that your government get other governments to spy on you for them and then pass them the info so they don't have to worry about going through the court systems?

It's a pretty standard work around they do.

They finally ditches IRC? Nice

this

Does matrix have decent voip yet? Does it have dedicated voice rooms yet? Having to call specific people like circa 2008 skype is really awful.

tell me something i don't know user. all my friends use it and cause they do i do. hate it.

>USA getting the Chinese government to give them my details
>USA giving China details about their citizens

ITT matrix shills, whats going on anons?

First day on Jow Forums?

>t. doesn't understand database limitations for centralized services in real world situations

have fun with sqlite faggot

Attached: Rollingeyesdoggie.jpg (640x640, 34K)

Please tell me more about Matrix

VoIP rooms? If you mean multiuser calls then yeah, they're present. You don't need to be in a specifically flagged text chat in order to use voice or anything. It works much the same as Discord last I checked, you either choose a multiuser voice channel or you call specific people individually. I like being able to make a direct call to one person without having to set up a voice channel, but the option is there as well. This was my experience on Matrix with the Riot client within the last few weeks.

It's an open source federated next gen chat/comm network . Sort of a successor to Mumble, IRC, and XMPP but all integrated for the Discord and Slack user era. Has chat, messaging, voice, video, and generally like Discord features plus actual server/instance ownership , encryption and other stuff that centralized proprietary Discord won't permit.

Check out matrix.org for the protocol, and riot.im for the most popular feature heavy client.

I am developing a chat app (decentralized). What do you lads look for in a chat these days?

What's a have-to-have to get you off of discord, besides the people.

1. make sure it's decentralized and p2p
2. when people realize this means "leaking" your ip, wrap onion on it
3. run away with the money from the donations

Can you do something that existing projects do not plan to / already do? If not why not contribute to Matrix et al? If you're just working on it for your own edification that's one thing, but we don't need another half assed, incompatible , redundant chat project with limited support and user base.

you only leak your ip to 1 node, though..

Well, I was talking more about chat-feature wise. Right now I've got chatroom and private chats, but no images or any of the convenience stuff, like "link snippets" or sensible message quoting.

I was surprised when I found no worthwhile chat-app boilerplate, so I have to build the entire UI and all, and it fucking sucks. Even marking read/unread messages is more difficult than you might think at first.

So now I was wondering what order to do things in.

this shit is next gen. Only building the UI is awful, because I've no clue what I'm doing in long term.

Discord is run by a bunch of furry fucks. Are you really surprised that a furry service is such shit?

Use matrix. You also won't need to hand over a phone number just to use their service.

You know what else is too long? ; )

Your wife's penis?

boyfriend's wife*

Never knew chinks posted on Jow Forums.
Assumed it was blocked there.

Attached: 1537066436934.jpg (365x500, 65K)

I would say that i feel sorry for our nannies, but

I'm not specifically talking about China retard. He literally said "a forgein government"

We hoenstly don't know of any chinese/USA government backdoor deal, but don't be surprised if one exists.

You can use standard UI design for various platforms to start( QT for most desktop oses, Material Design on Android) but yeah good UI is helpful and import

What is so next gen and will it be fully open source? If it's not fully open source then it's just more magical promises in a box and shit like Telegram show how flawed that is. Even if it is open source, I am skeptical that it is somehow able to do everything better than existing major projects.

>the absolute state of the people in charge of this website

Attached: 1498072302130.png (600x559, 41K)

Thanks

I only got 1 friend and he is on discord so fuck you

Is this a joke? What fucking shitty site man.

Attached: laughingnonbinaries.jpg (2000x1828, 1.21M)

Discord is just the flavor of the month. Soon to be piled on top of Ventrilo, Teamchat and whatever the fuck there ever was

Attached: 1538826411148.jpg (728x728, 99K)

hello, contribooter to riot.im here. i've been here for 15 years

>1.2GB of memory to send text to someone else
The clients are still garbage.

Attached: why.png (790x167, 12K)

lol

Attached: uhhh.png (560x57, 7K)

>talking shit on teamspeak

fuck off, you can have a functional, encrypted voip ts3 server in literal seconds.

Can a government subservient to the US really be called "foreign"?

matrix is fucking garbage and you know it, even if I wanted to switch none of your friends (if you have any) would want to use the piece of garbage.

You might have shitty friends then? I didn't even know what Matrix was until about a year ago when a friend had introduced me and now our whole friend group is there.

Use discord if you live in the west. Use American messaging systems if you live in China.

thats shit discord is absolute garbage

That's still a lot

Reddit is two blocks down
The reason matrix is good is because diskikes aren't on it, the last place you'd want to shill matrix is cuckchan.

>Muh sekrit club
>Not wanting discord to fail
Get out you fucking CIA nigger

> discord won't let me turn a chat system into a blogging platform
fuck off, faggot. if you were on irc, you'd get kicked out the channel for such a long shitpost. please stay on discord.

For me it's GNU Jami

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-225945_Jami.png (1440x2560, 77K)

because surely writing an essay is what discord is made for

>not writing essays to your friends

Attached: 1566912305687.webm (711x400, 1.92M)

What happened to tox?

I don't have this problem

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-01 16-04-39.png (560x302, 15K)

If you need to crunch out a whopping 3000 characters, just post your manifesto on /lit/.

Seriously, why not go with slack?

I'd tell you but then I'd be doxxing myself.
It is open source, of course.

I want everyone to be on Matrix so that I can finally get rid of centralized proprietary chat networks. I can just avoid people I don't want to talk to, same as with Discord or anything else.

>discord won't let me turn a chat system into a blogging platform
Matrix doesn't have this problem either
live.hello-matrix.net/live.html#matrix.hello-matrix.net/!sBcCeweWXOjVViEiIY:hello-matrix.net/Hello, Matrix!

Friendly reminder to join the Jow Forums matrix room.

matrix.to/#/#installgentoo:matrix.org

then split your message TA DA retard

Based and redpilled

You don't have feature parity either.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-01 Matrix org.png (1200x1591, 80K)

Attached: 1564109257905.webm (711x400, 2.78M)

>sign into discord channel made by my friend out of curiosity
>"YOU MUST CLAIM YOUR ACCOUNT TO POST IN THIS CHANNEL"
>ok, sign
>"YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THIS CHANNEL"
>ok, try to claim my account with another email
>"YOU MUST CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL TO ACCESS THIS CHANNEL"
>confirm email, go back to site
>"YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS CHANNEL"
>5 minutes later I give up and never use dischord again
Maybe I'm just a retarded boomer, but discord probably one of the worst designed pieces of software I've ever used, and I used to have windows vista as my os. If you insist on using meme-software for chatrooms, just use Slack. It actually works pretty well ( I use it for work).