Attached: 6tod1Qj.jpg (1469x1102, 320K)

kek

Say sike right now

based
damn

Attached: newfag_os.png (250x250, 262K)

not a distro

Psyche

sorcerer was such a neat idea and I wish it could've lived alongside gentoo. the distros based on it aren't doing any better which is a shame. somebody out there really needs to make something similar to it. the more source based distros, the better. it's what we need

Attached: sorcerer.png (400x61, 4K)

You fuck off immediately

>post pics of dead distros
Also, post links to dead distro isos. If I can't try it, then who cares.

press f to pay your respects for antergos

a distro based on arch btw

Attached: 1549936456712.png (1080x523, 193K)

I won't shit on it but it's just an installer

A bad one at that.

Slackware is alive and well, thank you very much.
New version 15 should be out any day now.

Lunar linux still has active development if you're looking for something similar

I'm well aware and I've installed literally hundreds of times but once everything seems to be going well I running into dead mirrors. it's a shame development is so slow and using the development iso is your only option at this point. if everything worked well I would switch to it in a heartbeat since their package manager is so much better and easier than portage

I sure hope Pat hurries up. Also of note I hadn't run across this before. patreon.com/slackwarelinux/overview

Slackware isn't dead, it's "stable".

Attached: 7998776987.jpg (184x184, 7K)

nice trips
"stability" is often used as an excuse for laziness

tbf Slackware-current is as updated as any other distro.

Nix&Guix blow them all out of the water.

and still people barely know or care about it because they dont enjoy using shit. what advantages does slackware current have over arch?
>M-MUH BLOAT
>M-MUH SYSTEMD!!! (Jow Forums told me its bad so it must be true XDdd)
>M-MUH DEPENDENCIES

EndeavourOS is the continuation.

Slackware fucking sucks

> t. zoomer

nice space in between ">" and "t"
are you ok? how are you feeling? need a quilt retard?

What does "Muh" means?
Thanks.

>what advantages does slackware current have over arch?
Maturity, legendary stability, and is probably the most UNIX-like distro. You can keep your hipster Arch meme.

>t. Out of touch boomer who forgot to take his meds
Fuck off old man. Im the chad at my office and have fucked 3 different women there. Go back to bed you shizo nigger faggot.

>Maturity, legendary stability, and is probably the most UNIX-like distro
No one gives a fuck about this, slackware is gay as fuck so shut the fuck up. Arch is redpilled and real niggas use it.

maturity means nothing if its trash
stability isnt an issue with any current maintained linux distro
unix-like doesnt mean anything if its trash. use 9front if you want something unix-like, except dont because its trash and has 0 software
arch is almost 2 decades old, and most hipsters use macos
i deconstructed your entire argument, what next retard?

>slackware cucks BTFOd

Attached: 1556820084584.gif (540x540, 279K)

>niggas
My condolences.
You call that deconstruction. Come back when you've actually put more than two seconds of thought into it.

Slackware is the distro that you can't use until you can manage your system without relying to a bunch of scripts from a wiki page.

you didn't prove me wrong unlike i did with you. get fucked filthy boomer, go die like slackware did

please don't reply to archfags.

>samefagging

Fuduntu was nice rip fuduntu

Attached: stop_replying.png (401x99, 9K)

So it's brainlet cope?
>trope
>meme
>subjective shitty opinion
>pointless information and meme
You tried for exactly two seconds, skid. Go back to your ricing threads.
I haven't seen one screech like this for a while, so I got complacent.
Pathetic cope.

Attached: go suck a dragon dildo.png (340x104, 4K)

nice inspect element retard. i'm surprised a slackware user is smart enough to do that

God I miss Mandrake. My first distro all the way back in 2000. Started with that Macmillan "6.5" package that was really Mandrake 6.1 with a good amount of documentation and a copy of Partition Magic.

Learned the inner workings if Linux from that and kept Mandrake as my daily driver until about 2009/2010 when I flipped to Fedora, then CentOS.

Attached: kdecc_menu_entry.png (1024x768, 104K)

I used scrot

>uses the word "skid" in 2019
yeah you're ugly. i'm a 21 year old chad, i could knock you out within seconds

>photoshopped
Yeah im not a retard kid. This isnt my first time around the block. No one should listen to slacktards. Its a clear sign theyre a neet cuck who has never worked a day in industry.

>based chad poster
Just ignore the slackfag, he's probably legitimately brain damaged or something.

>never worked a day in industry.
>archfag

Attached: png.jpg (1375x749, 105K)

>im automatically an arch fag
I use zorin os nice try kike shill

>can't follow a conversation
Pretty sure this is autism.

insightful post!
wait, you use slackware? LMAO cringe!

What I mean is that with slackware you can have full control but it wont take you by hand, you need to know what you're doing.
Anyone can use arch, not so with slackware, but YOU use what you want.

not sure if samefag or npc hivemind

During the time I was using Mandrake I tried out all manner of distros on one of my spare machines (typically my Pentium Pro 200 box). Progeny was supposed to be the distro that brought Mandrake-like ease of use to the Debian world. Nice distro but fell far short of the whole "Mandrake ease of use" target.

Attached: progeny.png (1280x1024, 693K)

No one wants to use slackware you fucking idiot, thats why its in a dead distro thread.

Samefag detected kike shill

Attached: Screenshot_20190901-021024_Chrome.jpg (1080x266, 104K)

it's just two anons man. just let them be

>DA CONTROL
you gave 0 examples of this "control" you speak of.
what do you mean? do you mean having to manually install dependencies, something superior package managers such as pacman, apt and portagehaving to manually resolve dependencies is only a downside and doesn't give you any "control". apt does shit for you automatically that you were gonna do anyways. nothing will convince any functional human being that having to manually install each and every fucking dependency does for you automatically, saving you possibly hours of time?
tl;dr shut up fat retard LMAO

Fuck off and leave me the fuck alone. I've been bullied all through highschool and college and was in the hospital for suicidal urges. I havent gotten my medication filled yet so you being a dense fucking bitch isnt helping. Leave me the fuck alone.

oh shit that's sad

I really like Slackware and it was the first GNU/Linux distro I've really used as a full-time OS. However, lack of systemd and a rather limited package repository (not that bad when using slackbuilds.org) kinda made me switch a few years ago. Currently using Arch because it's similarly free of silly automation or distro-specific bullshit, but I still miss the sheer simplicity of Slackware sometimes. Unlike every other distro I've used for more than a month, on Slackware, nothing ever broke unless it was explicitly my fault, in which case it was still easy to fix it (unlike when you mess up APT stuff on Debian/Ubuntu).

>literal schizo fuck
Cringe

>slackware
>patrick volkerding
>kike shill
You're not even trying.

No, with slackware you can learn, IF YOU WANT FUKING MORON NEWER SAID YOU MUST USE IT, then you can use package manager.
I'm not saying this process is mandatory, chill.

Also while running Mandrake, I actually bought a used Netappliance I-Opener specifically so I could install Jailbait Linux on it and use it in my kitchen (of all places) and then later on the nightstand in my bedroom. Nifty little distro and the I-Opener as a Linux-based email machine was unique.

Attached: jailbait_6_screenshot-2.png (800x600, 162K)

That looks like shit. Use a modern distro.

Found the bot.

Never said you have to use it.

Then shut the fuck up

ITT: Archbabbies shit the bed over a joke. Install Gentoo you unrepentant fags.

whY?

It amazes me the probably hundreds of millions of dollars that companies like redhat and ubuntu, etc have poured into development and have created nothing better than some random autist has done.

This was... what... 2000-2001 when I had that thing? The whole distro fits on a 16MB Sandisk

>t. Kike shill
Opinion immediately discarded

I use slackware. I like slackware. The level of butthurt its existence seems to cause many in this thread is evidence enough that it is not even close to dead.

Samefagging

nah bro. Why the fuck has gook moot not added id's to Jow Forums?

No now shut the fuck up and go suck slackware cock

why are you people still replying to bait? the thread has been derailed enough. enough

No I don't use it but it is a legit distro, the one and only 13.37.

>idiot, thats why its in a dead distro thread.
> # #
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:10:53 No.72554129
>104 KB JPG
> #
>Samefag detected kike shill
> # #
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:11:04 No.72554133
> #
>it's just two anons man. just let them be
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:11:51 No.72554137
> #
>>DA CONTROL
>you gave 0 examples of this "control" you speak of.
>what do you mean? do you mean having to manually install dependencies, something superior package managers such as pacman, apt and portagehaving to manually resolve dependencies is only a downside and doesn't give you any "control". apt does shit for you automatically that you were gonna do anyways. nothing will convince any functional human being that having to manually install each and every fucking dependency does for you automatically, saving you possibly hours of time?
>tl;dr shut up fat retard LMAO
> #
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:12:20 No.72554141
> #
>Fuck off and leave me the fuck alone. I've been bullied all through highschool and college and was in the hospital for suicidal urges. I havent gotten my medication filled yet so you being a dense fucking bitch isnt helping. Leave me the fuck alone.
> #
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:12:21 No.72554142
> #
>oh shit that's sad
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:12:30 No.72554144
>I really like Slackware and it was the first GNU/Linux distro I've really used as a full-time OS. However, lack of systemd and a rather limited package repository (not that bad when using slackbuilds.org
odern distro.
> # #
>...Anonymous
>09/01/19(Sun)02:19:21 No.72554200
> (You) #
>Found the bot
Cringe

Just for fun

I think a lot of us OG's believed Caldera was the way of the future when it came to business-oriented Linux Distros. I had Caldera Open Linux 2.3 on one of my spare machines 'cause I just knew that was going to be the distro that eventually got me a job working with Linux... I was wrong (like everybody else); Red Hat was the distro that I first started using in the corporate world.

Attached: caldera.png (1280x1024, 203K)

What the fuck is this thread? It just seems like a shit flinging contest between slackware and arch autists.

Is redhat redpilled?

it is. just a gentoo user sitting on the side trying to end it all

that's them new niggas over there screeching and flinging feces at each other. I'm at least going over old dead distros I used back inna day.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1280x1024, 319K)

It's an opportunity to converse about the amazing Linux distribution called Slackware! Also, can I interest you in this brochure about the Church of the SubGenius.

fuck I miss e16

I typically use it on my NedBSD machine nowadays, but all those years ago I used it as my primary desktop under Mandrake. I've always loved e16.

>distro about slacking off
>lol stop slacking off

>ranked this low
>good OS

Attached: 20190901_024323.jpg (546x2045, 583K)

basically, yes.

All this Gendoo this, Arch that bullshit will get you nowhere in the corporate world. It's all about Red Hat/CentOS. The next closest distro in the corporate world would be Suse (SLES).

You seem very serious. Have you considered adding some slack to your life?

What about ubuntu?

>thinking distrowatch is a good or even honest ranking

Attached: girlslaughingatyou.jpg (852x640, 52K)

The top ranked competitive programmer in the world said slackware sucks. No one should use it if he said its bad.
Cope

If popularity was a measure of quality, why are you here and not reddit? Also (((pols))).

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Distrowatch is based on PAGE HITS ON THEIR OWN SITE.

It's the most meaningless ranking imaginable, also popularity =\= quality.