Don't mind me, I'm just the worst port in human history

don't mind me, I'm just the worst port in human history

Attached: PS2_Ports_ATX.jpg (300x518, 54K)

>PS/2
>worst port in history
Ok, Zoomer

>blocks your uefi

Attached: j48vZC4-e1420565052980-1024x562.jpg (1024x562, 81K)

PS/2 is actually better than USB mouse/keyboard

inb4 PS/2 chadposting

No worries virginusb

Attached: TZAu6AO_d.jpg (640x313, 22K)

lol I remember low IQ normies bending the pins all the time. This is when I learned to hate them back in 2002

VGA

Attached: a webm for ants.webm (118x64, 325K)

>have to reboot because your mouse came unplugged

PS/2 is able to produce interrupts. As soon as you press a button the processor immediately stops what it is doing right now and jumps to the interrupt routine.
When properly programmed this can lead to exceptionally low input latency.

USB on the other hand is fucking stupid and checks hundreds of times per second if the status of your keyboard has changed. Which means you won't have consistent latency and even differences for different keyboards, Drivers or Operationg Systems. USB is GARBAGE!

THIS

if you boot with something connected to the ps/2 port you should be able to reconnect it without rebooting since the port will still be on

ps2 mouses don't interrupt though but poll at 80hz which is less than most usb mice.

I'm sorry to hear about your homosexuality user :(

For the keyboard, yes.

>USB
>new revision every two years
>new operating systems not supporting old motherboards during setup
>new motherboards not supporting old operating systems during setup
>new connector design every two years
>3.1, 3.2, mini, micro, type C, who even knows anymore

>PS/2
>unchanged in 32 years
>just works
>JUST
>FUCKING
>WORKS

>bends your pins

>bends them back

>shorts your mobo

>being dumb enough to unplug a peripheral that shouldn't be unplugged while the machine is on

ps/2 mice support up to 200Hz and that rate can be set in device manager. Whilst 200Hz is still lower than usb, the timing is more stable. You will get reports at exactly 200hz and there will never be dropouts. The ps/2 mouse port is interrupt based, it just appears like its polled because the mouse sends reports at a fixed rate, there is not really any way to have a no polled mouse because movement is a continuous in time.

>accidents never happen
You shouldn't be able to fucking fry a port by accidentally unplugging it.
Also USB 1 has been around for over 20 years, and peripherals designed for it work just fine on any modern system.

Tell that to the people who can't install Windows 7 on a new PC with a USB keyboard.

USB should've stopped at 1. It being a replacement for RS-232 while using better standards such as IEEE1394 would be infinitely better

The worst port would be the optical audio port. It was literally a gimmick that is outperformed by the coaxial digital port in every regard.

If you're going to install a TEN year old OS on new hardware, you should be prepared to do things like slipstream drivers into the installer.

Agreed. USB is a great replacement for serial/parallel ports, but until USB 3 came around, FW400 was vastly superior.
It died though because it was managed by Apple and Sony, and instead of trying to spread it to as many devices as possible, they did their classic Apple strategy of attaching royalties and bullshit to the port.

usb should never have been created, its not even a great replacement for rs-232. Its far too complicated, the performance is very unstable and the latency is too high.

>insults PS2
>guaranteed replies
well played

>If you're going to install a TEN year old OS on new hardware, you should be prepared to do things like slipstream drivers into the installer.
OR JUST USE A FUCKING PS/2 KEYBOARD LIKE THE TECH GOD INTENDED

FireWire 800 was awesome, iirc the standards went all the way up to 3200Mbps (and would've kept going if shit USB hadn't superseded it)

That's true. RS-232 is a pleasure to interface with as a hobbyist compared to USB. Imagine if USB was just a new connector standard for RS-232, just +5V, Tx, Rx, and ground

Attached: Usb_to_ps_2_adapter_IMGP1414.jpg (220x165, 5K)

hiss

The other way around is much better

The actual worst port is the wifi cable one because the plug breaks all the damn time. What's up with that retarded plastic shape anyway?

I wouldn’t buy a motherboard without one. You are a faggot.

So, is PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse patrician tier setup?

What about a game port?

I agree. I pity people who didn't get to use this godsend instead.

Attached: bestofalltime.jpg (340x586, 34K)

The worst port is the one you got shat out of faggot

I love PS/2 it is very good and easy to insert in the correct orientation. Furthermore it has cute colors

MIDI/Gameport, or as i like to call it MIDI plus Gameport

Sadly the pretty PS/2 colors didnt become popular until after everyone moved to USB kb+mouse.

LPT parallel ports are ass.

Thanks, doc.

Incredible, ive been using PS/2 since AT DIN ports were being phased out, and ive never bent a ps/2 pin despite plugging shit in carelessly and without LOS.

Hey, that's at least a simple, clear-cut error message when you got it completely detached. Back in the day of PS/2 ports I once had my PC start up to some critical kernel error on boot-up. Turns out the keyboard was kind of almost part-way plugged in, so it wasn't picked up as not connected, but wasn't exactly giving the computer the right messages either. Plugged that shit in properly and it booted up again.

This is fucking scary. It looks like some sort of demon waiting for something.