Can I get in trouble for pirating games. Like will my ISP say this fuck has been torrenting too much let's get him

Can I get in trouble for pirating games. Like will my ISP say this fuck has been torrenting too much let's get him.
Honest question cause I dont know.

I use tpg in Australia.

Attached: 1567325105298.jpg (768x1024, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1onHoaJbKWO
vocaroo.com/i/s0m7RsjDKpaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If the police and ISPs went after internet pirates theyd have no time for anything else

HELLO THAMES VALLEY POLICE DEPARTMENT ALL POSTS I HAVE MADE ON THIS SITE ARE COMPLETELY SATIRICAL AND SO NOT REFLECT ME AS A PERSON

OP pic is fake as shit and was debunked 2 hours after arrival.

They'd also have to after people watching movies or shows uploaded to YouTube in parts.

The worst that happens is your ISP ends your service after a certain number of warnings

lmao "under the user name blank"

under what fucking user name, anonymous?

>username
>Jow Forums
Tripfags and namefags deserve it

This is why I'm so glad a majority of my posts are asking questions on games and Todd Posting

Just use a VPN. ISPs don't care though. Some block p2p or throttle the speed

It's Australia though, they have like 3 civilized towns.

Usually you get a warning first.
So download anything you want, and if you get a warning, just buy a VPN and continue to download anything you want.

most free VPNs are blocked on 4channel

The ISP can be forced to give you a warning or ultimately shut down your service but they don't want to because they make money from your pirating.

Very rarely companies will make a spectacle out of someone for pirating something. But those cases are usually the people downloading like 8tb of games in a month. Most of the time, the companies will snag your IP from a torrent, and then send that IP to your ISP and say "this guy's stealing our shit, make him stop" and your ISP will say "hey quit doing that" with no further recourse because why would they risk someone they get money from going elsewhere for the same services?

At least in the US. It varies widely depending on where you are in the world. Aussies as far as I know are pretty similar to central europe for laws regarding piracy. As long as it's not something people currently care about/currently being produced, you'll be fine.

Hello Thames Valley Police Department. I'm tired of running. Contained within is my audio confession to cyber crimes I've committed over the past year.
vocaroo.com/i/s1onHoaJbKWO

Some countries allow ISPs to hand out user information upon request if piracy was proven

Then a lot of law firms employed by various publishers specifically look for torrents of their stuff, and when they find a local IP adress they request the user's adress and try to extort money from you with threats of court

As long as you use a VPN or only download from FTPs you should be fine (unless you're dumb enough to actually register or even dumber to pay to one of those sites)

Only good VPNs cost money in which case you might as well not pirate in the first place.

What's piracy like in France, Germany and UK in current year? Do they still only get you for sharing shit or is downloading for your own use enough?

>Mrs Holly Knightley
No way that's a person name. It's too cool to be one.

>free VPN
Retard

Last time I torrented my internet access got blocked until I called my ISP. I thought I was in trouble but they just asked if I downloaded anything. I say no and they turn it back on immediately. Like what was even the fucking point.

>Free VPN
Do you realize that any information you send on the internet goes through a VPN first right? Now try to imagine how a "free" VPN makes money.

this, if all you're torrenting is some naughty big titty anime games or 12+ year old shovelware then nobody gives a shit.
Torrenting all the latest AAA games constantly? ISP might slap you on the wrist and tell you to stop.

That letter is fake as fuck, but i have the feeling enough faggots o here will take it as real.

>uk

I dunno what it's like in Australia. But I know most ISPs in burgerland just send out threatening letters to placate companies who won't stop nagging them about pirates using their service.
>receive letter saying you're a smelly pirate
>tell them to fuck off or you're switching ISPs
>never receive a letter again

>free VPNs
You need to be 18+ to be here.

Good VPNs cost you 10-11 bucks a month. Well worth it for how much you'd save in vidya

Could you recommend some good VPNs? Nord?

Germany is like such:
It sucks but you can get around it if you're not retarded.

No. Just don't torrent cp.

Nord is chinkshit botnet that might as well be free.

>anything official with no signature

cool trick broseph

Attached: DRJBQdfX0AEr7gx.jpg (480x231, 23K)

only if you're retarded, and you obviously are since you're asking this, so you're fucked

Just for the record: the magistrates have their own letterheads, and basic separation of powers should tell you why a court appointment from the police is just slightly fake as fuck.
I mean that's just to start with. Contact who for the court appointment? The police? Just any ID? Library card alright? Nice presumption of innocence on those posts that are 100% mine would never be mentioned randomly on a letter of a court appointment (which at best has the counts of charges, so 2 Murder 1 bongwalking, but not say "He pissed on the moon motherfucker")

Pretty sure that's actually a DWP refrence used, could be wrong but its hilarious if so.

day of the rope can't come soon enough for anonymous

My ISP doesn't give a flying fuck about anything.

>Can I get in trouble for pirating games.
It's illegal, so yes. Your ISP may send you a warning, or the matter may be referred to police, who may charge you and issue a court summons.
I'm an Aus law student, so I'm not technically qualified to give legal advice /disclaimer

I'm with tpg and never got any warnings from them for torrenting movies/tv, I don't pirate games but I doubt it would make a difference in how much they care.

Dear Mr. user

Thank you for your compliance, attached is an audio file confirming that we have received your confession.

Yours Sincerely
Mr. Huey Lewis

vocaroo.com/i/s0m7RsjDKpaQ

THAT's what gave it away to you?

It's all about the hollywood jews.

dont they delegate all that to the copyright mafia so the police doesnt have to do shit?

How do I become not retarded?

>police bothering with any bumblefuck pirating when resources are better spent tracking criminals, money launderers and drug dealers
>getting convicted with no evidence

Come back and brag once you get some experience working.

As dumb as this sounds, no documents are legitimized until someone puts their signature somewhere on the paper.

It's also one of the easiest things to spot.

call them faggots on the internet

user asked if he can get in trouble for it. The police may charge and issue a court summons. They might not, or the charge may be dropped for various reasons, but the fact is that he is at risk of criminal prosecution.
It probably wouldn't take much for the police to convince a Magistrate to let them subpoena records from his ISP either, if they didn't give them up willingly.

I was losing my fucking shit for the whole thing. How on Earth did you make that?

It's probably more for show to get people to stop pirating out of fear.

Notjordanpeterson.com

theres option to change isp in burgerlands?

if you lived in civilized countries

Attached: 1snapshot_14.36.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

just don't use torrents

where?

Probably was a namefag. In other words, he deserved it.

>Can I get in trouble for pirating games
not if you live in a free country

lmao
get lynched name faggot

Use a VPN if you're that concerned

cyber crime is a fucking meme
literally just say it's not me
I don't know how they managed to use my computer and my internet to pirate games, but it wasn't me, I didn't do it, and you have no way of proving that the person sitting behind the desktop at that moment the crime was commited was me

That's a UK police force

They’ll send you mean letters but 90% of the time they won’t do shit

You want to know why? Because you’re paying them money

Unless you live in a cucked country where you are responsible for the security of your connection and anything that happens on it (a.k.a. Germany)

Unironically this. They can just ignore your threat since they are the monopoly.

ignore them.

You can only get in trouble if you pirate retarded mainsteam horseshit, and why would you do that ?

The one time I've ever been emailed about piracy it was when I torrented Skyrim special edition. I already owned the vanilla game but I didn't want to pay for the dlc.

In Murica ISP is just going to send you scary emails, they don’t really give a shit because you’re paying them

The police don’t give a shit, they have other things to deal with. Plus they can’t actually prove you pirated anything based off of your ISP alone

Giant corporations DO give a shit, and technically they CAN take you to court but they aren’t going to do anything because it’s bad for PR and will end up being a clusterfuck if they try going after everyone (we’re suing this single mother for millions of dollars because she pirated some pop music)

Have no idea how it works in Australia tho, I heard it’s a totalitarian state over there

>Live in rural germany bumfuck nowhere
>ISP no one even heard of
>Pirated tons of shit even mainstream movies without a VPN from public trackers
>ISP doesn't give a fuck and probably just trashes the letters they receive

LMAO

Attached: 7fd.jpg (599x504, 21K)

Release Ninja Warriors on Steam I can't be bothered buying a PS4 version, reeeeeee.

Attached: games.jpg (666x383, 99K)

>Live in urban England in major city
>ISP everyone's heard of
>Pirate almost every form of media from books to films to songs
>Never received a letter

Ggn

>mfw I'm stuck in fucking Berlin of all places

Attached: 1543150801881.png (400x416, 158K)

test

Doesn't japan send you to prison after 3 warnings?

>live in London for 20 years
>pirate everything on family internet
>live in midlands for 1 year
>get internet shut down because I torrented on my apartment building's wifi

It's the same most places in the world - ISPs don't care about individual acts of torrenting because
>they will never be taken to court over not stopping one lone guy from torrenting
>they will lose that one customers monthly subscription

If you live in some sort of controlled accommodation suddenly there are enough people that
>if they don't try to control torrenting there is enough "lost revenue" at stake that they could face legal action
>the tenants don't have a choice - they have to use that ISP because the building does and they have no option to choose a different one
>they themselves don't have to enforce it - they can pass the responsibility onto the holder of the contract, who then must discipline the tenants

If you are on your own broadband contract, you will never, ever face any repurcussions. If you are part of controlled accommodation you might.

if this is true, fuck my cuntry, I'm moving to south america or something

You don't understand how prevalent sharing is

If they tried to take to court every single person sharing content online, the courts would be doing absolutely nothing but handling sharing """infringements"""

The best they can do is try and dissuade people from sharing by making a big deal out of a few select cases to scare people away from it, but even when they tried that, it didn't work. Fact of the matter is: Sharing is here to stay. So share your programs and tv shows, and movies. The sharing mafia and racketeers can't stop you.

It's a lot of simple stuff. There's no signature, they don't give you the actual address for the Magistrate's Court, they don't list the Magistrate presiding over your case, they'd use the words inflammatory or discriminatory instead of racist, they wouldn't list the website you used, they wouldn't add a helpful reminder about attending court being optional, they wouldn't inform you that your ISP snitched, the description of the offence would use legal terminology and reference the actual legislation that you've violated. Plus the fact that a court summons comes from the fucking court, not the local police station.

>Wait for Black Friday
>Get a year subscription to a VPN
>It ends on the next Black Friday
>Always get it renewed on sale

This is so obviously fake
If it isnt does this guy realise how easy it is to just deny everything? They cant prove you posted anything on this site, even if you have a trip

In France you're completely fine, as long as you don't seed big releases 24/7.
Even if they pick your IP from a torrent, you'll only get an angry letter (as long as it's not illegal stuff, of course).
The more annoying thing by far is that french torrent websites and trackers get taken down all the time.

Generally speaking, no. What you need to know and remember is that they have to prove that *you* specifically downloaded it and not say... Anyone else, like a guest, or family member or a robber invading your house just to pin you for a crime. So when you get letters that claim shit, like even in OP's picture, just deny that it's you. It's up to the police and court to prove it's you, you have no responsibility in helping them in that affair.

Another thing, there's companies that survive of scamming people by contacting ISPs and requesting shit and then mailing people that have allegedly downloaded movies and whatever, threatening to drag them to court unless a specific sum of money is paid. This is scamming, albeit legal scamming, but essentially they wont do shit, they expect people to pay without asking questions but in reality, if you do not pay, they wont do anything since they know their case wont stand up in court due to what I previously said about having to prove it's you that did it.

>he doesn't know

It's really, really simple. If you get a letter, you ignore it. If they threaten legal action, you ignore it. If they summon you to court, you deny that you downloaded anything. They'll give up and do something productive at some point in this process, and in 99.99% of cases it's either before or immediately after they send you the first letter asking you to stop. If you're this much of a fucking pussy that you're terrified of the copyright cops you need to either pay for a VPN and route your downloads through the Netherlands or just fucking pay for things to begin with.

Know what? If they could catch people for making posts on Jow Forums why didnt they catch all those serial killers and shit over the years

Use a vpn
I use PIA

Is this a how to post on Jow Forums thread? OP asked how to pirate properly

I know this is fake, but imagine getting a courts summons and having to go over every post you've ever made on Jow Forums with a Judge and Jury of your peers.

How fucked would you be /v/?

Attached: smug asuka.jpg (200x206, 11K)

>my bad taste in video games made public
i wouldn't survive it

Is it even possible to identify every post made by one person?

>so user in this thread here you said kojima was a visionary and you were hype for Death Stranding
>however two posts later you said he was a hack and it was going to be a dumb walking simulator
>WHICH IS IT user

run away and wait for things to calm down
no other choice

shitposting, your honor.

What site do you guys use to pirate shit? Been using igg games ever since Piratebay was compromised

Dear BLANK
it has come to our attention that you havent bought skyrim yet.
did you know the HD remaster can also be modded
please also consider buying the full fallout catalouge

qbittorrent with the search function. Mainly because torrent sites usually die all the time

>He lives in UK
Oi you got a loisence for that?

Attached: 1553299909295.jpg (640x480, 407K)

>be me
>european gigatorrentor
>have at least 30 pieces of entertainment media torrenting at all times
>seed like a motherfucker
>get letters once or twice a week
>every time a letter drops, put 10 new torrents on queue
>do this for 5 years
>suck torrents everyday
>...but now the law has finally caught up
>have a court hearing next month
>plan to threaten to torrent 500 games, movies and albums all at once if they even try to fine me
You're a fucking dumbass if you think you need a VPN when torrenting. What you losers don't realize is that the government can't do anything about you as long as you don't put up with their made up rules. Just torrent and make it known that you don't give a shit about their laws and you'll get away with it.