Why is it so hated?

Attached: B62xj9FCUAA3YoC[1].png (1024x1024, 598K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ixirc.com/?q=sublime text
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because things should be built up based on how the user wants, not bloated out of the box

And.... What if the user wants to use it? And not get shit on for using plebware?

Download it and play with it for a while, then try the original (sublime text).

Atom was made by incompetent diversity hires by a company which now prides itself on not being a meritocracy, sublime was made by a single white dude (who has subsequently hired other white dudes to help).

Sublime is fast as fuck and insanely stable even using dev builds, atom is s l u g s l o w and crashes if you try to open large files.

Can i get sublime and all it's feature without paying for anything? Legally?

yes, you just get a notification now and then that you can cancel

nothing beats Sublime, especially not electronshit
worth every penny

it's bloated as hell, including the fact that it is an electron app and consumes a ton of resources for it's capabilities.

Literally uses a whole chrome browser just for a fucking text editor.
Install vim/nvim/emacs

Or i could just add
-
127.0.0.1 www.sublimetext.com
127.0.0.1 sublimetext.com
127.0.0.1 sublimehq.com
127.0.0.1 license.sublimehq.com
127.0.0.1 45.55.255.55
127.0.0.1 45.55.41.223
0.0.0.0 license.sublimehq.com
0.0.0.0 45.55.255.55
0.0.0.0 45.55.41.223
-

to my host file right?

new dev version opens with a license key requirement right off the bat. Can't even open the program anymore

Attached: file.png (1087x539, 34K)

Or just don't use any of the dev builds between 3064 and 3029, or if you do want to use thouse just set the disable telemetry flag. Current build is 3208 so that shouldn't be an issue anyway, unless you don't want automatic updates.

Also that whole thing is moot anyway because your system firewall should be blocking shit by default unless you're a fucking pleb.

vs code is straight up better

the irony is it's worse than using the chromium project on a site like codepen
chromium can open more text on a web page, atom crashes.

It's been that way for ages, just run the stable builds or buy a license

>spyware ide by world's largest spyware OS manufacturer
yeah no. vscodium maybe, but sublime is still better

Any sources on learning how to configure my firewall as such?

>It's been that way for ages, just run the stable builds or buy a license
meh, geany, xed, and kate all work and do the same shit

Bloat.

Works for me

If you really care about this shit you should run freebsd and throw it in a jail. Otherwise, opensnitch on linux or little snitch on mac. If you're using windows you need to seriously consider your choices in the security department (although if you MUST run windows run it in a vm with no network adapter).

Yeah, so don't use it then? We're comparing it to atom here not vim. That said, sublime is faster than those three, more stable, easier to extend, and way more refined in general.

Anything using Electron is shit.

Attached: atom slave.gif (674x406, 246K)

>sublime is faster than those three, more stable, easier to extend, and way more refined in general.
cringe and bluepilled

It's not sublime

kek

I totally get wanting to love open source stuff for the philosophy and monetary price of it, but this is where you're wrong kiddo. Check out this picture of geany from their homepage.

1) Look at the line numbers in the open file. See how they're not centered in their container?
2) Look at the two tab bars in the two tabbed containers (the sidebar and editor). Notice anything? The active tab is highlighted in the editor view and not in the sidebar. There's nothing wrong with either way, but doing both is wrong.
3) Look at the icons in the main toolbar. See how inconsistent they are? There's a mix of both skeuomorphic and downright imperceptible icons. Also check out the spacing on the dropdown arrow for the icons which support it. The arrow is centered between the icons on the left and right, so it doesn't clearly signal which icon it belongs to.
4) Colors. The background colors in the tab bars don't match, and the background colors in both tabbed content panes are too close (but of course not identical).
5) There's a very out of place marching ant border on the sidebar. What the fuck even is that.
6) Check out the difference between the background color of the search box in the toolbar and the highlighted line. These should be the same color, or colors that look complementary as they're both signaling the same thing (editable shit here).

I could do the same for the other two programs, but it'd be a waste of time. I'm all for free software, I use and contribute to it as I can, but don't pretend it doesn't have a very well deserved reputation for being shitty in its own ways.

Attached: shite.png (500x424, 187K)

That's a big post.

For you

I just use emacs. Faster and easier to extend.

VS Code came along.

sublime cant run python output as well as atom

ixirc.com/?q=sublime text
wow so hard

was making yourself look like an autist worth the effort of a couple (You)s?

Yes? It's a shitty program that feels like it was written by a couple of high school students. I didn't even get into its stupid name and icon, shitty extension architecture (str8c, no sandboxing, really? if you use extensions, you'd better hope they weren't written by a dumbass cause if they were it's taking the whole thing down), shitty code folding, and poor VCS integration