GPLv3 include language that prohibits vendors from using GPL-licensed code on systems that prevent third parties from...

GPLv3 include language that prohibits vendors from using GPL-licensed code on systems that prevent third parties from installing their own software.

Attached: 2eb.jpg (480x360, 22K)

CRAWLING IN MY JAIL

>anyone who licenses code under the GPLv3 also explicitly grants a license to any of the associated patents

Richard Marx Stallman wants everything.

GPL is such a joke. It's 10 pages of text.

There are no benefits from tivoization to the end-user, the only party benefitting from this practice is the vendor/manufacturer by enabling planned obsolescence and other shitty business practices

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: ebin.gif (498x278, 1.06M)

Everyone talks like that until they _are_ the vendor/manufacturer, making money. You go make an upgradeable privacy-oriented phone for the price of a xiaomi/huawei, see how long you float.

>Everyone talks like that until they _are_ the vendor/manufacturer, making money.
But I am _not_ a vendor/manufacturer and I don't get why you're thinking that your shitty argument stands.
If your business model relies on shitty business practices to make money all I can wish you is fiery death and bankruptcy and this applies to everything not only the narrow spectrum of issues with software licensing.

>shitty business practices
There is only one type of business practice - profit maximisation. If you can't handle that, computers aren't for you. You and confused, agitated people like you are not the target audience.

Imagine not letting gooks steal your code and make billions selling shitty consoles.

You can maximize profits without intentionally shipping broken products. It would actually be more profitable for you long-term to do so.

>You and confused, agitated people like you are not the target audience.
Says the man confused and agitated about the least relevant part of GPLv3 while claiming that his only insight regarding moral and ethical values of various business practices is make money vs doesn't make money.

You're clearly not the target audience of GPL.

Yea I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about this lel. Whatever the freeretards will stay in their basement eating Rahman with no money and no real power to do anything that matters.

Make business make profit then go and put money into shit you actually care about rather then spending your life working on something that is gonna be forked a hundred times

Imagine believing gooks respect fucking GPL.

>not even 15 replies and the corporate bootlickers already calling everyone disagreeing with them freetards
rent free

Attached: DrBF2eaWoAA1Lcc.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>broken
They're not. Otherwise nobody would buy them.
>would be more profitable
A washng machine every 3 years makes more money than a washing machine every 6 years, at the same price.
If you're worried, there are entire institutions in the EU and in the US that deal with analyzing products and looking for market rigging.
>the latest
I didn't even know GPL had versions. I don't care, you see, I disagree with the four freedoms of stallman, let alone read the licenses fully.
This, and when you make money, you can hire more and better developers. Amateurs aren't good for anything other than submitting bugs and unreadable code, and that's just a maximum.

My job pays your NEETbucks. Have some respect, kid.

If you're tired then quit and join me, friend.

No way, I repent from that lifetime years ago. There is no feeling like working with experts and making a family.

everyone measures with his own measuring stick but I have to be honest larping as employed is new to me, why would you do it?

Sounds like a cope. Enjoy having your wages garnished, cuck. Oh and your wife says hi.

> Otherwise nobody would buy them.
99% of shit is broken and goddamn useless, apple inc would not be allowed to exist if this was true

>wages garnished
I quite literally make my own wage, because my software does all the work for me.
>your wife
Thanks, next time skip the mustard.
>larping as employed
Do you think jobs are a God-send?

What's wrong with Apple? 10 people on the planet had issues and want to become instagram influencers with it?
Meanwhile the most popular kernel on the planet's open source nvidia alternative drivers turn a 1080 TI into a 750 ti.

That’s Nvidia’s fault really. Contributors can only reverse engineer and write drivers so much without getting compensated.

>Nvidia's fault
Of course, it's not that open source developers are lazy incompetents.
>compensated
Fuck off. Free license = free labour.

nvidia is a meme buy amd

people haven't realized that the jew shoahed his true face with the third version of his loicense.

gplv2 is the white man's license.
>inb4 bsd
no thanks, I don't want my wife to get fucked and me watching on the side.

v3 is actually better than v2 if you care about the "four freedumbs"

The "free" actually means freedom, not price.

why?

I'm not throwing away my perfectly working tech, nor limiting half my market access because of lazy developers.
It's your freedom to modify the code, so go ahead and do it. Else why did you need all those freedoms?

Because it prevents the software from being used with tivoization and walled gardens?!?

t. doesn't agree with stallman but sees his point

except the whole reason you're complaining is because it doesn't work?

I don't use linux anymore, it works perfectly under windows.

Great. Now fuck off of this board.

>tivoization
wtf does this even mean?

>complaining about an operating system you don't use

No, this isn't a linux board, thankfully. It's a consumer forum. Which is funny because we have software freedom people who don't contribute back to the projects they use.

>ITT

Attached: 1539819912404.gif (450x450, 776K)

Just because you are a mindless consumer, you assume everyone else is?

I'm not mindless, after all I use an operating system, emphasis on 'operating'.

Wonder how many actual jews are browsing this board rn.

>Tivoization /ˈtiːvoʊJˌzeJʃən/ is the creation of a system that incorporates software under the terms of a copyleft software license (like the GPL), but uses hardware restrictions to prevent users from running modified versions of the software on that hardware.

That operating system only operates for its owner, which is not you.

I can literally scribble up some shell scripts and neuter the tracking and botnet features. I have admin access and can do whatever I want.

Okay, show me how you recompile your kernel. In before "I don't need to do that"

I ask for the source via an NDA, pay the negotiated price, and do it, provided I'm a large enough company or government body. Alternatively, I can modify the binaries to suit me, and I do.

Oh my bad I didn't realize I was talking to a large enough company or government body. I also didn't realize modifying the binaries was exactly the same as recompiling the kernel from source with no downsides whatsoever.

Based™

There is no net difference between compiling your changes in and modifying the binary other than not wasting electricity like a moron.

wow, what a dumb term, so, placing binary from gpl generated code on an EEPROM is tivowewazation.
anyhow.
gplv3 is a cuck license. I don't give a fuck if you take my gplv2 code and use it on a punch card.
gplv2 gives me the right to take my code back. Some faggets tried to create a mutiny in the linux kernel development and wanted to kick some devs that didn't follow their narrative, but they couldn't kick them out.
Do you know why? Because every piece of code you wrote, belongs to you, you cannot get kicked from a project just because someone doesn't like you, and if you get kicked, you are allowed to have your contributions taken back.
with cuckv3 the trannies can out-crowd you and kick you out.

Seek help

Ethics has been a thing in the past millennia, you know?

Locked bootloaders on android phones are tivoization

I already said you were correct. There is no difference between modifying the source and the binary. Therefore Microsoft should just delete all internal source code because they don't need it any more. They can just modify the binaries when they ship a new Windows 10 version.

It’s instant gratification man. That’s why kids won’t do it. They can’t see the investment of time working your ass off for 10 years building a company rather then working at mDonalds and working on some open source framework.

That and lack of work ethic. I’ve hired some kids and i shit you not one kid I bet you must of thought I didn’t know shit about computers. I was probably just his idiot boss because I gave him 3 days to refactor a class and he kept telling me he was working on it, telling me big words about how efficient it would be. Ofc no progress was made and was probably watching YouTube vids.

I call him into my office, refactor the class in front of him in 2 hours. He didn’t show up the next day. Either got hit by a car or quit. I couldn’t guess which one. I would of taught him he was a nice kid and he had potential, if he didn’t I wouldn’t of hired him.

But yea lol it’s funny you bring up hiring people. It’s so hard to find good workers.

>yeah bro thats right nothing stops me from doing exactly what you're permitted to do I just don't have the money to do so
>in reality my software is as free as yours I just dont have the money to make it happen

Attached: 1498072302130.png (600x559, 41K)

Then they wouldn't be able to add code to the codebase. But that's not a problem because you're only interested in compiling other people's work., you're not qualified for actual contributions.
Ethics are not objective and modern companies follow government regulations. What's the problem?
>got hit by a car
I see what you did there, onwards brother.

free software means freedom, not price

>They're not. Otherwise nobody would buy them
Yeah, thank God nobody bought those early intel pentium...

Now seriously, telling lies like this should be a offense punished by banning.

>I've never contributed to open source
>I don't even understand what I read
>I just like to live in lala land, that I _am_ the developer, when I see those compilation messages scroll up
>s-so.... o-open up your codebase to me o-or you're a nazi
That was 30 years ago who cares.

No, you're backpedaling. You already said the source is not needed to add code to the codebase. If microsoft devs can't get by simply by hacking the binaries then they are the ones who are unqualified and should be fired.

>Ethics are not objective
Prove.

I gave you the procedure to obtain the source code and pointed out you can achieve the same result you want by modifying the binaries. And that was giving you the beneift of the doubt, that you would indeed modify the kernel before compiling. If you just want a compilation, then windows already ships with one, it takes 0 seconds to obtain one.

Ok, where is that procedure? I am not a large company or government.

Assume a collecton of ethics exist. They were created and written down by humans. Human thought is not objective as it has a creative element and not just a static collection of reactions.

Join a large company or government and obtain one. It's a fully legitimate thing to do. If you don't get hired, you can just email microsoft and ask nicely, explaining in fine detail your natural right to free software.

Stallman designed the GPL to maximize the freedom in computing to as many users as possible. Allowing people to make exceptions to that would be counterproductive.

This is news?
GPL_v3 has been a thing since 2006.

No shit? Did I say anywhere that softwares free freedoms freeness commies?

My point was it’s better to start your life generating wealth for yourself rather then working at McDonalds and contributing to a “open Source framework” in your free time . If you generate wealth based off of open source or proprietary I couldn’t give a shit(pro tip, proprietary nets more money)

there are a lot of kids who sacrifice everything and have shit quality of life and say they’re a software developer when they’re a line cook.

It breaks my heart even more when big companies are using these kids frameworks and not giving these kids a dime. When you’re young build a company and use that as your portfolio, don’t just be a hobbiest code monkey who can’t pay their bills.

I’ve been in the industry for a bit. A lot of people have good intentions but they can’t help themselves. Maybe a little drunk ramble that makes no sense

Ok, let me into your large company or government. And I will need that done faster and with less paperwork than it takes for me to download a tarball from kernel.org. And I will need that microsoft email address. No generic support emails, I need a specific person.

Gooks would rather violate the GPL than use permissive licensed shitware. Imagine that.

>let me into
I'm not a recruiter, go talk to one at your local government.
>I will need that
You are not entitled to needs, really. My 2003 copy of winrar can't open tarballs so I can't use Linux. Bummer.
>No generic support emails
Why, you're experiencing a technical issue. You'll be treated as such.

>grr I just graduated high school and hate capitalism's abuse on people
>I'll show them
>PAY ME PEOPLE I HAVE 0 EXPERIENCE BUT I CAN HELP YOUR FREEDOMS BY THE WAY OPEN SOURCE YOUR CODEBASE AND TRADE SECRETS AND RAID AREA 51 TEEHEE

Too late, I've already downloaded the Linux code, made a few modifications and it's compiling now. If you can't provide the source code to your own kernel then just admit it and stop relying on this weak trolling.

I can't personally provide you with anything other than generic insults. You're not entitled to anything else, you see.
>already downloaded the Linux code
I thought you wanted Windows. Make up your schizo mind.

I offered to try it if you could match my system in terms of features, but it looks like you can't. No amount of insults hurled at me will fix that. You will always be inadequate.

>match my system
Isn't that cute. You're not entitled to such a thing. You're just not competent enough to go and grab windows.

I think the idiot here is the idiot. Can you give us it or not

You're not entitled to have me use the garbage operating system you're shilling. I would try it if you would post a source code link.

I don't have it at hand but I gave you the procedure. If you truly do need the kernel you can get it, by all means.

wow, great post.
I don't care what kind of locked device corporations sell to their cuckstomers, I care about my code.
what's next?
>hurr durr, gplv4 pwns them all. you are not allowed to enable warheads while running gplv4
this is a customer problem. you can't solve dumb customers by giving away your rights as a dev, because that's what gplv3 is doing.

>have me use
Frankly, I would rather irresponsible and antisocial manchildren like you stick to open source. You'd just be defacing the company with that attitude online.
>I would try it
You can, there are free trials.

You gave no such procedure.

I did, in great detail. Call microsoft yourself.

Ok, what is the number? Some vague instructions are not a "procedure".

Google it.

I know how to go to the moon

Err you need a rocket, some fuel, erm you know what call nasa

No thanks. I won't bother with your joke operating system since you're apparently not serious.

>your
Windows is not "my" operating system.
>not serious
I come here to puppeteer autists, thanks for playing along.
>call nasa
That would be the best choice, really. Who else are you gonna call, Iran? Russia?

Iran’s almost there lol. Few more failed launch’s and maybe I’ll b able too

>haha I was just trolling all along
Yes we know. You still cannot provide the source code.

>You still cannot
I don't have the source code on my computer, that would be weird and just bloat up my hard disk. Go call Microsoft. I'm just trying to spare you the trouble because we both know you're not qualified enough to understand kernel code, you just like to see compiler output scroll up. But give it a try.

Okay, post the number of the specific person and I will call them. You are not one to be attacking my qualifications when you are incapable of even providing a simple phone number.

Google, first result. I don't think you can even follow build instructions if you can't do what stoners do for pizza delivery.

Basado

No, I'm not doing that sorry. Post the phone number. My kernel is done compiling by the way, this entire time I've been doing that all you've done is make excuses for why you can't provide some digits.

>I care about my code.
*corporation takes your code and sells it to cuckstomers*
How is it different from the BSD license

>my kernel is done compiling
That's cute. Mine was done last night with a 2 minute update.
Why would I provide you with digits, you wanna build a kernel, go do it. Do you even have a phone to call with or is that too botnet