>2009
>want to draw digitally on screen
>Cintiqs are both shit and expensive
>"I'll just wait for competition to catch up"
>more than 10 years later
>still no options except shitty expensive Cintiqs

AAAAAAAAAHHHH

Attached: 1567362614378.jpg (425x425, 17K)

>Best tablet available is shit

Then what exactly do you want? Just don't buy a graphic tablet then

um... cintiqs have been shitty sicen they were first made, but they had better displays and higher resolutions than competition

wacom sat on their dicks

huion now makes screens good enough and cheap enough, and there are some chinese brands that go cheaper and are still good.

don't know what your fucking problem is.
by the looks you are looking at a 13 inch range tablet, huion kamvas 13 is fantastic in that price range.

hey dude, you know about huion right

I recently got a used hp envy laptop an HP pen. and it has been working great for practice. Only little problem I had is that the screen will pick up your wrist touching it so a glove helps a lot

>Huion
All of my data is already being snooped on by Western agencies and corporations, I don't need the Chinese to have full access to my PC as well

>cintiqs
Do people still unironically use them? Also haven't you heard of iPad Pro? It got all you want and if you look for a deal, 11" will be reasonably cheap.

I had one too but the pen is functional at best, not something you can use for drawing without wanting to kill yourself after a few hours.

>Also haven't you heard of iPad Pro? It got all you want
It'd be perfect if you could use it natively on PC, but being Apple you can only use it as a drawing tablet on a Mac, or use gimped apps if you use it on its own

just learn to draw while looking at your monitor and a cheap tablet

There is nothing gimped about the apps when your main goal is drawing, only the current photoshop beta is.

>he doesnt use sidecar

> functional at best.
For the overall price I absolutely have no complaints with how well it draws, but yeah the buttons are really hard to find. I fixed that by putting a small drop of epoxy on each so now they are bubbled out.

It puts a horrible strain on your wrist, almost impossible to draw using the shoulder

bullshit

No they've been getting better. They're "still expensive" because color accuracy expectations have gone up as well.

How are Cintiqs shit? The cintiq 16 (non-pro) is probably better than any chinese tablet out there even with the parallax, because the calibration out of box is literally pixel perfect whereas every chinktab has calibration problems. No problems, same pen as the pro models, display is decent. Not sure what else there is to complain about...

And you get the hover tracking, unlike the ipad

Not getting a laminated display tablet defeats the purpose of getting a tablet with a display in the first place

It's literally not a problem. Pros still draw with the old HD cintiqs without laminated displays or anything with no issue and produce better shit than you will in a million years. The Cintiq 16 is definitely a much better experience than even shit like the huion kamvas pros with laminated etched glass.

Get a bigger one then?
I got a large 15 inch Huion for $70, cheaper than the cheapest Wacom piece of shit

What is an entry level option for someone who just wants to draw for fun every now and then?
Must work with Windows 7.

paint.exe

insightful commentary from an exciting thread

Take the iPad Pro pill.

Attached: 1565740392102.png (256x256, 26K)

Spend your money on a high res, high refresh, high accuracy monitor instead. Those 3 things are more important than drawing with your hand blocking your view.

no it's not.

Obviously it's down to the artist in the end, and a decent one could draw on a fucking phablet like Note 10 but they'd be working against their tools instead of having their tools assist them.

I try very hard thank you! :-D

Edit: thanks for the gold stranger!

I work professionally with display tablets. I use on a Cintiq at work and have a Huion at home. Huion actually has a higher pen sensitivity and is more than adequate especially since it costs 1/4 of what the Cintiq costs.The only issues is with the parallax but it's not that noticeable, I personally actually kind of like it since I can see under the pen when I sculpt

Attached: 1567180522884.png (657x527, 328K)

Take the toilet pill street shitter.

Attached: 1559540878570.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Surface pro 4

Who the fuck do you think was going to make alternatives, monitor traffic and block it if it asks?

Huion or XP-Pen. Either is good.

Surface devices are all buggy shit. Avoid.

Not really. Jow Forums just shits on anything that isn’t leaking from open sores and is irrationally angry at people who support proprietary anything.

I had the Surface Pro 5
>wakes up from sleep when in your bag
>when you close the type cover, it doesn't go to sleep
>system always completely freezes for 10 seconds when it hits RAM limit
>type cover sometimes randomly disconnects
>Wifi can't reliably reconnect after waking up

It's a pile of shit, but the weird thing was I kept defending it when I had it too, like some sort of stockholm syndrome.

N-trig/MPP is unironically shit. The initial activation force is so high my hand cramps while drawing. The cintiqs, any wacom EMR tablet, literally activates at a feather touch like a real physical pencil does. It's so much better it's not even close.

For reference I don't have a surface pro, although I've tried that too. I have a HP Spectre x360 with MP 1.5 or whatever and it's pretty shit for drawing, feels like it belongs in a 90s tablet or something. Sure, usable but compared to modern stuff it's stunningly mediocre. Even has the jitters. I've tried the HP tilt pen, bamboo ink, surface pen (idk the year) and it's similar all around.

heres another coin i made just for you

paint is a lot of fun desu

Attached: mcw.png (669x600, 52K)

Kek based

Buyers remorse is a strong feeling. Otherwise we have to face that we fucked up and can't change the outcome so easy. Not that I ever felt it.

Weren't all the issues fixed with patched or something? Would be ridiculous for a premium device.

>Not that I ever felt it.
spoken like a remorseful gentleman

My SP4 sometimes has the keyboard bug but I rarely use it with the keyboard anyway. Apart from that great device.

Nope, I had it for a full year before selling it. Some little OS things got fixed while new ones got introduced. But those ones listed persisted throughout the ownership.
Spoken with many artists that have the same issues with the Surface Book and Surface Go.

I mean other manufacturers got sleep handling right in the 90s, Microsoft had years and they still fucking suck.

>whining
>whining
>whining
You will never make it, buy cheap shit and start drawing instead
The perfect tool will never exist just like the perfect drawing doesnt
>Im just asking for a decent tool!
Dont, best alternatives have already been presented, now you are alone in your journey to the perfect drawing tablet

just draw you faggot

Was meant as a bantz but then when I think about it, I really don't recall anything. Maybe rationalising the slow ass camera start on Android back in the day, although it never bothered me as much personally, it just looked so pathetic compared to much older iPhones.

I kept reading that a lot about the stuff too (specially about the older ones) but I just don't get it. All of it sounds like someone one could fix with a driver update and MS clearly believes in their Surface line and did so much right, messing up at the basics is just comical.

>Was meant as a bantz
my autism does not allow for bantz to happen you onions boy beta cuck

When I saw this thread I thought I was on /ic/ for a second.

>Believes you have to buy the most expensive tools first to draw
>Makes any excuse possible to not draw

Attached: 1563762160501.png (1652x1100, 739K)

>not doing traditional art

Attached: New Doc 2019-02-07 21.15.30_1.jpg (1804x1804, 134K)

Do these dedicated tablets suffer the same latency issues I get when using my Samsung Note 8 ?

Don't be silly, they are intended for pro's. Samsung tablets have pen support so you can scribble down notes.

Is there a pocket sized device available I can use without being connected to a PC? I get a lot of free time at work to work on my graphics but using my phone is infuriating and I don't think my manager would be too happy if I pulled out my laptop.

The new iPhones are rumored to have Apple Pencil support, and they're pretty good regarding responsiveness

used thinkpad x60t/x200t/x220t/x230t

I got a Surface 3, so I know the feeling. I like the hardware, but holy shit is the reliability shit. MS can make some decent hardware (Surface, X-box) and then fucking kill it with their bullshit.

I took the iPad Pro pill.

It's actually comfy af. Don't pay full price for it tho

XP-Pen Artist 12.
>$200
>1080p
>meme amount of pressure sensitivity
>no battery in the pen
>drivers actually work
Would buy again.

Attached: 15353626524822.jpg (1200x600, 118K)

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even attempt on looking anything up before making this post? You have XP-Pen, Huion, Bosto, Yiynova, and Gaomon.

Let's not forget that in the past 5 years those tablets were on shit LCD displays with attached cables and shit and were over $600 at the time. Now you can get much better ones for $300.

Not even Hitler was this rude

Not OP, but I kinda wanna buy one just for windows ink features and messing around with drawing chinese cartoon characters

Just draw on paper, take a pic, and vector it.

>2019
>Be OP
>Be an enormous retarded faggot
>make a thread

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Vectors are soulless

That's the artists fault.

Post one piece of lifeful vector artwork.
Oh right, you can't find any.

You are soulless post an evidence of your soul, oh right you can;t

This whole thread has been clear evidence how easy is to blame the tool.
You could just go the vector threads archives and look for yourself what you can accomplish with said tool, but now I have to wonder what you think a 'lifeful' digital piece is made of.
>inb4 soul

Thanks for proving me right, you can't find any.

Just get an ipad or surface device dude.

Wacom Bamboo