Pc case

What desktop case does Jow Forums recommend?
All the ones that I see are full gaymer and arjeebee

Attached: rjeebee.jpg (350x350, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3108-nzxt-h700i-case-review-better-if-it-were-dumber
fit-iot.com/web/product/airtop3-build-to-order/
silentpc.com/fanless-pcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rgb is not a problem, it can always be turned off. The important things are the size of the case against what your needs might be, the quality of materials, the quality of included items like fans ( almost no included psus are worth it, few fans - like those from Corsair especially ML , are )

Stop shitting the board up with dumb questions
post this in /pcbg/

NZXT
*doesnt fuck around*

Attached: NZXT.png (800x800, 478K)

The Phanteks Evolv X is the best-designed and easiest to build in case I've ever owned. And has room for two whole systems if you really want that. The Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL also looks really nice in terms of features and ease to work with. I'd like to get one some day.

Both are giant though. If you want a small case then you might as well go full ham on it and get the Dan Case A4.

Fractal Design Core series if you want something simple and minimal

NZXT H510 or H710, depending on budget

I got a fractal meshify c without the window
It's comfy.

Attached: ibm-linuxone-mainframe.jpg (1571x2048, 305K)

Wish they had made the front intake better. GPU temps are astounding for a fully closed top and front panel with just those side inlets, but teh CPU temps are thoroughly mediocre

buy some old used ones from the 2000s, those are the best and you can generally find them for cheap

Don't let your PC get BLACKED. Buy a beige case.

Lian li PC-011 Dynamic XL

Not the best for air cooled, but if you're building a water loop, you can't go wrong here.

Fractal Design
Phanteks
Lian Li
Everyone else are either shit or oudated

isn't black better for thermal conduction tho

What? How would that be even remotely true. Is your pc so hot that it gives off radiation in the visible spectrum?

black absorbs heat better than lighter colours, duh
that's why you don't wear a black shirt on a sunny day

This one

Attached: 72B65FC4-2E22-4BE6-BD78-DD98462806EA.jpg (1400x788, 422K)

Inwin chopin
S4 mini
Dancase a4

If ur a gaymer memee meme boy and need rtx shit gpus get a Ncase M1 or if u need multiple gpus Cerberus

Any "muh airflow" memers telling you to get a big case are either overclocking or are from the Sahara desert

in win cases are kino

You can overclock in a mini itx

Be quiet cases with no RGB shit

> gaymer RGB shit
> window panels

Are there any brand new cases that doesn't have shit like that?
> mini ITX
I mean, mini/medium tower ATX, and still with 5.25 bays?

Picrel is my case btw.

Attached: -CC-9011077-WW-Gallery-100R-Silent-002.png (1200x1200, 699K)

Why no window? Too lazy for cable maintenance and/or shit parts?

>t.

Attached: 1552743485884.gif (350x409, 437K)

How are CPU temps for this case? The top panel isn't vented for AIO CPU radiators.

>What desktop case does Jow Forums recommend?
How about a sleeper build? Put some modern hardware inside any cheap, outdated, plain-looking case.

Attached: ibm aptiva case mod.jpg (1400x711, 108K)

What are some good mini itx cases?

>it can always be turned off

Yeah but people will still argue like you can't just turn them off like how people fall for lootboxes.

the only good advice in the thread

AIOs are overpriced trash.

>that airflow
I feel like this only works because it's water cooled

You see those vented strips on the side? They're vented on both sides so you can get decent airflow but it's still way worse than an open front.

See

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3108-nzxt-h700i-case-review-better-if-it-were-dumber

The h700 which is the original version of the H710 is basically on par with the Meshify C at stock but loses when you add more fans. So it's actually pretty good, but it comes with 3x front fans when the Meshify C comes with just 1x, so there's not much room for improvement.

That's because sunlight is visible buddy

Except the GPU isn't. Cute project but garbo otherwise. Look at the size of that rad too, my god

get something that doesn't require fans.
fit-iot.com/web/product/airtop3-build-to-order/
silentpc.com/fanless-pcs

Or if you really don't care about gaming, just get some sort of laptop.
There is no reason to have giant ricer cases unless you're doing gaymen to try to push shit forward.
If you're just doing normal computing workloads, just get a laptop and if you need more juice learn to make a farm of RasberryPi's or spin up cloud instances.
There is literally no reason to have massive cases with all sorts of hooplah in 2019 unless you're going to put in like 4 graphics cards, overclock your shit (No reason to do this unless you want to kill your hardware lifespan for MARGINAL gains), or other e-peen measuring contest bullshit

Honestly maybe just get a "gaming" laptop because at least now you have portability on top of everything else.
>muh ability to upgrade
Let's be honest with ourselves here, how often are you truly upgrading your PC after you've finished your build? If you keep chasing the bleeding edge of graphics you're MAYBE swapping graphics cards routinely but most people are just sitting on their current build and are needing to start FROM SCRATCH by the time they want to upgrade 3 to 5 years down the line because all the tech has changed DRASTICALLY.

Attached: 1526967585852.jpg (1680x1050, 1.31M)

Corsair has some good options, especially the Obsidian family...maybe some others.

Also they're no longer being made sadly, but CaseLabs is / was the best of the best. Performance, customization , build quality etc...easily the best around. Real pity the aluminum tariffs put the nail in their consumer side.

Xforma - if you've got fuck you levels of money to invest, these are made really well too and are still available, but way out of the price of most

Based

This. My current nzxt case is the best case I've ever owned.

Overclocking today is easier and better than ever. It doesn't harm your components and will encourage the use of proper cooling, the absence of which is the real issue ( including running things fanlessly with stock desktop procs, without using very specific high end fanless setups). Overclocking can add to your performance significantly and while you don't need a huge case, you do need enough room to cool it properly.

Laptops are overpriced and have no reason to use them in a situation desktops would otherwise do . They're more expensive, less powerful, harder to and in some cases not possible to upgrade, limited cooling and therefore overclocking...overall they're not a good value if something else will do

honestly I love my H700 as well, enough that if I ever make a media center pc I'll just stick with them and get a H510

So your only counterpoints is if you want to overclock or if you're going to upgrade.
Although you made no argument about how likely someone is to upgrade their systems in the modern era.
Laptops being overpriced isn't exactly true but a desktop would be cheaper over all, I will agree to that.
But this OP wants not to deal with RICER GAYMER shit.
If they want a case that doesn't look that but still can support that, then that's another thing entirely.

My suggestion to OP is just get any case that will fit their components and doesn't have RGB shit and a clear side panel.

Attached: 4e0095361a4ae85e39858f5d5352e22e-650-80.jpg (650x433, 50K)

thats pretty damn cool looking
i fucking HATE THAT GARBAGE case I had it and bought a bigger full tower corsair fuck that shit

I always hear this as an aargument aginst using a sexy beige case from the 90s/00s. Is there any way to improve airflow in those cases? Maybe cutting some vents into it?

the problem is essentially bad vent placement and shitty layout that encourages bad wire management which reduces air flow
honestly, you can hate them all you want but even the worst zoomer case is better than a classic biege box

Maybe drilling some holes on the back may help.
I wouldn't say drill'em at the front, because aesthetics.

>i fucking HATE THAT GARBAGE case I had it and bought a bigger full tower corsair fuck that shit
What was wrong with it

It was to damn small cramped i cut my fucking hands on the damn thing and I've been putting together my own systems since the 90s. Oh and the side panels were fucking annoying. Its the only modern case that I ever had this many problems with. I took it out and beat it with a fucking baseball bat.

I haven't replaced my whole workstation in 12 years but I've upgraded several times.
Ordered a new case, motherboard, CPU and RAM yesterday.

midi tower: define R6
full tower: luxe 2

>sunlight is visible
we're talking about heat buddy

so the only think you're keeping is....the case? perhaps the PSU?

This is what I mean about upgrades.
At the point you're going to change the motherboard you may as well change the entire system.
The simple fact of it is that the contemporary cases will support all the new shit that is now allowed by the new motherboard and new tech specs.
Not to mention that other things may change.
So you MAY get away with keeping the case and PSU the same...but really if you're at the point of changing motherboard and CPU you are changing the entire base of your system.
There is no value in the "upgrade" at that point. All you're preserving is hard drives.

Oh, and modern windows licenses freak the fuck out when you have different CPUs. So unless you're running a linux/unix system (let's face it, you're not) you're fucking yourself over ayway with the hard drive preservation.
You're far better off just saving what you find important to an external source (HDD or cloud) and "recovering" after the fact.

Either way, what was said proves my point, your system upgrades are going to be total overhauls so stop worrying so much about a case since it will be obsolete in 3 to 5 years when you upgrade anyway.

You cut yourself on a fucking 20x19x9" case? Are you sure you have the right case? It's one of the largest midtowers currently sold

thats why i am telling you its a garbage case.

GPU, SSD, several HDDs, optical drive (might as well keep it), PSU. Have previously upgraded just the GPU, just the RAM, just the CPU+motherboard, just storage, and PSU somewhere along the line. I'd be spending literally twice as much on hardware if I got a whole new system every time.
Also
>paying for windows
And even if I did, you can migrate Windows licenses if they're not OEM. Deactivate, change hardware, reactivate.

that whole first line seems like you're not aware of your cumulative costs.

Anyone have an opinion on Mountain Mods cases?
I've been thinking of pulling the trigger for years on a U2-UFO but I never feel like I've spend enough on my actual hardware to warrant spending $500 on a pc case.

Attached: 20130529164611-53ce78b3.jpg (640x480, 100K)

Meshify s2
It's big and expensive though

NZXT ARE GARBAGE CHINK SHIT.

Antec 300, don't know if those are made anymore tho.

Attached: 61yRlsd2TyL._SL1000_.jpg (854x1000, 89K)

Top facing ports are retarded.

Are we in that part of the cycle again? When I bought my last case in 2013 we were doing the minimal/black thing. How long until we're back to that?

For the love of god somebody recommend a reasonable CHEAP mATX case.

I don't need a window or 8 fans or LEDs or whatever.

Just a functional small case. Christ.

There is never a time to be spending $500 on a case. Unless you have a few Supercars parked in the garage of your large house that you own and money is no object.

Any other situation and you're just pissing away good money.

People overestimate the cooling needs of CPUs. My Xeon has only the stock cooler and a pair of 120mm case fans, and it doesn't even turn off TurboBoost when at 100% load in an 80 degrees freedom room. Been using PCs since 1992 and never had a CPU fail. Other parts, but never processor.

>What desktop case does Jow Forums recommend?
The cheapest one which fits your components. Preferably without a glass side. This really isn't something to be wasting your money on.

mATX is bad.
>cramped when installing
>no space for cables
>loud fans
>shit airflow
>not even small
Go ATX or Mini-ITX / custom formfactor prebuilt, mATX gives you the worst of both worlds.
No shit, pro parts are more conservative. Besides, people buy aftermarket CPU coolers for overclocking and/or less noise, not because they think the stock coolers are inadequate.

Is there any way to get a white Messify S2 without a side window?

Attached: catchassis.jpg (384x512, 30K)

NZXT h500 or meshify c?

Which one is the best for dust control and ventilation?

Attached: 1451834747499.png (500x720, 518K)

>not because they think the stock coolers are inadequate

i mean they kind of are inadequate when you consider how much noise they make and how badly they cool a CPU in comparison to even the cheapest aftermarket coolers avaliable. Just because they won't damage your processor doesn't mean that they're adequate

turbo boost is not really a good indicator of cpu performance because it really only exists to reduce the power draw of cpus under low usage conditions. most of their chips are capable of legit going a full gigahertz above their base non-turbo clock all core 24/7

not to mention that xenons are very firmly in the most efficient thermal/performance envelope and not overclockable, and the whole point of aftermarket cpu coolers is to allow you to push that envelope past a reasonable level

$500 towards a PC case is $500 not put towards a performance related component, But will a good PC case become obsolete like most other components in a PC?
Newer and better components will always be coming out but I don't know if Mountain Mods is going to be around the next time I need a new PC case.
To make things more complicated I can't spend any more money on newer components without making the rest of my system a bottleneck.

Attached: 20130606223717-bf72fe01-me.jpg (594x594, 132K)

>PSU shroud
>2019

A good PC case can be had for a lot less than that and you can reuse it as much as you like too.

Sounds a whole lot like you've already decided to buy it and now you're just justifying. Do it if you have such a hardon for that small sedan of a case.

>Rgb is not a problem, it can always be turned off.
Bull fucking shit. One of my friends got this gay ass gaymur RAM with RGB on it because it was cheaper than everything else at the time, and he had to install Wangblows on a spare disk and run a proprietary utility to update his bios twice, then run a proprietary tool to turn off the lights which didn't even work and had to wait 6 months for them to update the application.

Drill them on the bottom, then?

any Fractal Design case or Phanteks Enthoo Luxe if you want to be U N I Q U E

just bought pic related last night, we'll see how it goes

Attached: 61EqMdIN5CL._SL1200_.jpg (800x1200, 103K)

>Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Luxe II just came out, though it's not in stock anywhere in the US.

As opposed? The only company that still makes cases in America is Sliger and they're a boutique brand with $300 cases. Even euroshit companies all make cases in China now and then say they made it elsewhere

zalman z11 plus

Attached: CA043ZA_54634_800x800.jpg (800x800, 117K)

H500 just for how easy to install stuff, the dust filters on my h700 are easy enough to clean

For ventilation, Meshify C by a mile.

How high were you?

depends on what you want, higher CPU or GPU temps? meshify beats the h500 in CPU temps but loses with the GPU.

modern CPUs can run a bit hotter but when GPUs get too warm you'll drop clocks

Attached: h500-gpu-all.png (784x856, 113K)

i wasnt but it was pretty late

Holy shit, we need more creative cases like this.

>creative
you mean gay af?

RGB IS DISGUSTING FORTNITE WAS A MISTAKE GAS THE ZOOMERS

I used to love understated black boxes, but after moving in with my girlfriend she has started getting me into RGB. Now I want to get a new case I can bling out!

I wish i could do a sleeper build but none of them are big enough that I've found for my rig.

I'm sure it'll be fine, hopefully you have matching motherboard/GPU combo?

THIS IS THE GAYEST CASE SINCE GAY CAME TO GAYTOWN

I'm autistic and temps/airflow is my primary concern. What is my case?

Your girlfriend seems male.
Leave your motherboard out in the open, ideally hang it from the ceiling by some string so it's completely surrounded by air. Then get a strong fan to blow air around it. No case means nothing restricts airflow.

Fractal Design Core 1000
>inexpensive
>5.25 drive bays
>mesh front for air flow

Attached: serveimage (11).jpg (1280x960, 92K)

mobo is totally black (with i think one tiny strip of red LEDs on the side?) and gpu is dreamcicle
kinda what i was going for desu

Now that CaseLabs is gone, I would say MountainMods may be your best bet if you need that level of case type. I hope they stay in business and continue to make parts, equipment etc... which is something that sets apart CaseLabs / MountainMods (and the few Euro local equivalents whos names I forget) from the mainstream.

$500 on a MountainMods, CaseLabs, Xforma or other boutique, handmade in America case is potentially far different from $500+ on a case like the Corsair Obsidian 1000D or Phanteks Enthoo Elite (the latter being nearly $1000 ), which are both great cases but are still manufactured likely in China and supported by a major corporation etc.

Holy shit pic related would be Godtier

Not entirely. Open air can actually be worse than a directed/ducted system because you recycle warm air, especially with vertically placed heat sources like computers where the CPU sits above the GPU, or really any structures where they're close to each other. The ideal is a windtunnel that separates CPU and GPU