Innawoods

Alright friends, you know very little beyond the basic theory of programming. You're gonna be innawoods with your laptop, a power source, but no internet or distractions. This is for one week. What book or resources would you bring to learn while you enjoy nature?

This is happening to me this weekend. A sweaty Samus image for your time and trouble, sweeties

Attached: 02a.jpg (567x789, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

josharcher.uk/static/files/2018/01/Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future-Ted_Kaczynski.txt
libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=C84B77D4534C72B32B9D7CA8EE81BF4C
93.174.95.29/main/1119000/c84b77d4534c72b32b9d7ca8ee81bf4c/(Developer's Library) Stephen Prata - C Primer Plus-Addison-Wesley Professional (2013).pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ywn have a hot, sweaty, cute gf to cuddle with
im going to die alone arent I

unironically SICP

Attached: 1565714504573.png (988x1190, 462K)

EvalApply

a copy of some linux distro with as many tools and langs and so on downloaded as possible
a single book to read on the subject
a bunch of programming challenge challenge pics

I would very gladly help you, but I need more pictures of short-haired Samus to inspire me.

Haskell programming from first principles

I bring Slackware.

Attached: lilo-bg1-43.png (640x480, 73K)

download and read this, fuck programming josharcher.uk/static/files/2018/01/Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future-Ted_Kaczynski.txt

That's literally the only one I have now that you mention it.

I do actually have a copy of this manifesto. Ironically it's on my e-reader. I dunno what our friend Teddy would think about it. I'll probably read it on the drive up there.

I think I'll do this. Thank you for the reminder.

You gotta be specific my dude

Attached: 93e.jpg (579x819, 79K)

>our friend Teddy
why do people talk this way about a serial killer

I feel for the guy. I fundamentally disagree with a lot of what he believed, but I see what he saw in the world. I believe that he was right. What he did was not. But he identified the danger that technology posed to human society if it wasn't handled carefully. I don't think that eschewing it wholesale is the right plan, but that's a difference of opinion.

Also, I'm familiar enough with him to know that it's highly likely his extreme ideologies were, at the very least, partially sparked by cruel treatment he experienced at Harvard as a result of a highly unethical experiment.

Ted had his future toyed with and taken from him by forces beyond his knowledge and I think that's unacceptable. I feel the same way about Ted that I do TAD. Bright young people who had their future taken from them by circumstances. Ted's is even worse, in my opinion, as it was the hand of man that abused him.

>That's literally the only one I have now that you mention it.
ok, you're still a based samusfag
read this, best way to learn C programming: libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=C84B77D4534C72B32B9D7CA8EE81BF4C

Direct download link in case you don't know how to navigate Libgen: 93.174.95.29/main/1119000/c84b77d4534c72b32b9d7ca8ee81bf4c/(Developer's Library) Stephen Prata - C Primer Plus-Addison-Wesley Professional (2013).pdf

Thank you very much. You correctly assume I have no idea how to use libgen. I'm interested in learning C, but I guess I always figured it was arcane and complicated and too much to learn first. I know you can do anything that's possible in computers with it, right? I think I'm up to that.

Attached: 23b.jpg (680x960, 49K)

>cruel treatment he experienced at Harvard as a result of a highly unethical experiment.
literally being bullied by a professor, thats no excuse for anything, most people put up with worse and they arent serial killers

Download /d/ hentai and Edge for a week then blow my load on a bear or a lion

You're either trolling or criminally misinformed. While I wouldn't say this treatment justifies killing people, it definitely far exceeds what you described as "being bullied by a professor"

As a sophomore, Kaczynski participated in a study described by author Alston Chase as a "purposely brutalizing psychological experiment" led by Harvard psychologist Henry Murray. Subjects were told they would be debating personal philosophy with a fellow student, and were asked to write essays detailing their personal beliefs and aspirations. The essays were turned over to an anonymous attorney, who in a later session would confront and belittle the subject – making "vehement, sweeping, and personally abusive" attacks – using the content of the essays as ammunition, while electrodes monitored the subject's physiological reactions. These encounters were filmed, and subjects' expressions of anger and rage were later played back to them repeatedly.[25] The experiment lasted three years, with someone verbally abusing and humiliating Kaczynski each week.[26][27] Kaczynski spent 200 hours as part of the study.[28]

Kaczynski's lawyers later attributed his hostility towards mind control techniques to his participation in Murray's study.[25] Some sources have suggested that Murray's experiments were part of Project MKUltra, the Central Intelligence Agency's research into mind control.[29][30][31] Chase[32][33] and others[34][35] have also suggested that this experience may have motivated Kaczynski's criminal activities.

Idiot.

You can't see yourself going a little nuts having your psyche broken down for three straight years in college? I can't put it any better than the other user who included the wiki article. Like I said, killing people is pretty hard to justify. Saying that you can empathize with him is not the same as giving him a pass.

Uncle Ted had his life ruined for basically no reason. Nothing we gained from the study was worth the individual price paid.

If I'm innawoods for a week, probably just an e-reader to read some Dostoyevsky or other classic lit, by the fire, after a long day of bushwacking and other physical labor. If I'm in nature, I want to be in nature, not in a different env while I continue to type on a keyboard.

this, war and peace by Tolstoy would be good innawoods reading too.

I'm working on The brothers Karamazov, which is great. The Grand Inquisitor poem bit is amazing.