Whats the problem with my internet (ILL PAY IF SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER THAT ENDS UP WORKING)

So basically my internet is 50 mb download 10 upload consistently throughout the day until 8 pm my download will go down to 20 and my upload gets really shitty and goes to 0.2 ish but it should be 50 mb download 10 upload all the time with the package i have but will instantly go back to normal after 6 am, i called my isp which is cogeco about it and they've sent technicians to fix it and they've never been able to despite getting me a new router, checking my internet line and now they've just tried "giving the internet box on my street more power" to attempt to fix it but it still hasn't worked, apparently the wiring in the box itself isnt right according to them so they tried to bump the power to compensate for the bad wiring what the fuck can i tell them to do to fix it i'm going insane i'll honestly paypal someone money if they can give me an answer that actually ends up fixing it if you want to add my disc it's levyys#9127

Attached: f035e0a8772b4717641ec8334864906a.png (254x257, 26K)

cable?

Maybe you have a process on your computer that runs at 8pm which slows down the internet

yes cable

any idea on what kind of process it could be? just letting you know it's not only my computers internet that slows down not sure if that matters

Surely the man has tried different devices. If not he should.

oh yes i did

are you living in a rural shithole?
sounds like a feeder line issue, which in itself is a pain in the dick to troubleshoot
probably caused by noise
you should monitor the correcteds/uncorrecteds on your modem, more correcteds/uncorrecteds = more noise, lower SNR = more noise
they need to sweep your node for noise and verify the wiring in your house is up to spec
if your cable company is bumping up power to compensate for noise, you're probably already fucked anyways

My cable company thinks that the cause of the issue is that the cable box on the street wasn't wired correctly, if i tell them to fix the would they even be able to? I'm not sure what the limits are of what isp technicians can do or maybe if they're able to do it maybe they haven't already done it cause they don't wanna spend the money to fix the issue? Also yes i live in a rural area but i've had my friend speedtest his internet at the same time as me and he got normal speeds and he's with the same isp

the technicians that usually come inside your house in ladder trucks generally aren't qualified to work on shit like that
I don't know which cable box on the street you're talking about. there's nodes, line extenders/amplifiers, power inserters, taps, splitters/directional couplers, it helps if you know which one it is
how far does your friend live? if he's not down the street, that's no help at all
the cable technicians that enter your house should be able to put in a workorder request for a maintenance technician to come out and check it out
basically since you're in a rural area, you're fucked and there's nothing that's gonna be done; you should just be glad you don't have DSL
source: technician for a cable company in a rural shithole

forgot to say my friend lives in the same town as me too he's like a 3 minute drive away

Here's one really important piece of info i forgot to add, the internet never used to drop and i've always been with the same isp it only started dropping at night for like the past year or so I'm not sure if that gives me any hope

whats your IP

that probably only makes things worse, user

Ask your next door neighbors if the same thing happens to them.

Update: i just took a speedtest and it was actually a normal speed which reminded me that it sometimes will randomly get good its 10 pm right now so it should be bad and i took a speedtest like 30 mins ago and i had 0.2 upload not sure if this means anything

Attached: 367843bf4e9060436226861756bd8d62.png (753x139, 15K)

Congestion on your node maybe. Cable should be pretty stable except that it can get saturated if the ISP lets it.

anything that can be done to fix it?

bump

It's probably just congestion. People get home in the evening, start using their internet and the probably-underprovisioned network shits itself, as such it runs slower than normal.

do you think if i were to switch to a different isp or upgrade the plan im on it could fix the congestion or is that not avoidable

>Apparently the wiring in the box isn't right
Well there's the fucking problem
Have them give you what you're paying for, it's not your problem

Only one way to find out.

honestly this is the answer i wanted someone to say i just didnt know if they were able to fix the wiring in it because i dont know if the government owns the box or the isp's themselves and didnt know if i had to contact the isp to fix it