/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hJ7mdX
youtube.com/watch?v=lCcSK3R8HcM
pcpartpicker.com/list/ps86cY
pcpartpicker.com/product/7MQG3C/intel-660p-series-2tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ssdpeknw020t8x1
pcpartpicker.com/list/pkWNkd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ATTENTION: OP is lying and doesn't know what graphics cards historically cost.
2080 and 2080Ti being overpriced is irrelevant and discounts a whole range of other cards which can be found at reasonable prices.

Buy a VA if you’re poor and IPS if you have some cash. nobody should be using a TN panel in 2019

how do I get over the fact that I -want- to build a mini itx pc but have a perfectly fine pc right now
pic related

Attached: current.png (739x579, 40K)

OP is just poor. I bought a 2080 ti and if you think about it a 50% premium for 35% boost in speed over a 1080 ti plus rtx goodness makes it a steal.

S2719DGF is a Freesync monitor that is officially G-sync compatible (means jackshit when most monitors work good with it).

>rtx goodness

Really? Like the tensor cores seem to be way more relevant to buying it since it offers more utility for work and research.

Can i front mount a 280mm radiator and use my 3 120mm Noctua case fans that are attached to the case to cool it? Are front radiators attached to the fans or to the case itself?

Great TN's aren't that bad like the S2719DGF.

Reposting

>reasonable prices

Attached: 1489189662xrJkzvohX8_1_2.png (640x432, 70K)

Thinking that graph means anything shows how truly stupid of a shitposter you really are

Reposting for more opinions

Alright /pcbg/ which monitor should I go for or neither? I'm planning to buy a second monitor for gaming. I currently have a 980ti, and will upgrade soon. I'm looking to get a 1440p monitor with 144hz. Thoughts, advice?

S2719DGF
AG271QX
PG278QR

Someone recommended a 27GL850G so far. It's sounds great.

We've already been over this, ad nauseum. YOU don't know what graphics cards have historically cost, and no, the performance increase over a 1080Ti does not necessitate a cost increase. In fact you're stupid to suggest otherwise

High end
>780Ti - 699USD
>980Ti - 649USD
>1080Ti - 699USD
>2080Ti -1200USD

Mid range
>980 ~ 1060 6GB - 250USD
>1080 ~ 2060 - 350USD

It's not difficult to deduce that there's massive price gouging going on from both manufacturers right now.

Mg279q. Stop buying TN crap you will regret it and want to spend the 100$ for it later

Is it worth upgrading a 1070?

It feels so weird that I've had this for 3 years and it's still pretty reasonable, I just have to drop settings a little bit at 3440x1440

Thank god the mining craze is over at least or things would probably be much worse right now

at least that's one thing we can all agree on

Attached: gpu-prices-chart-v2.jpg (2392x1056, 336K)

What's the best micro-atx mobo to get for around $100 if I'm getting a ryzen7 2700X? I kinda wanna get pic related but I'm kinda worried it's too skimpy.

Attached: amd4mobo.jpg (1093x568, 101K)

Dell. They have good QC and the S2719DGF has great QC from what I've heard but LG if you can afford it BUT it's your second screen so I'm not sure what your first screen is exactly.

No, there will be a new line of Nvidia graphics cards on 7nm next year

too bad they will probably cost and arm and a leg

It says the restore operation completed successfully. Is that it?

Likely, but even if they do, they'll still be better than Turing both from a features perspective (probably better ray tracing) and a price/perf perspective. Hopefully Intel joining the discrete GPU market will cause a pricing war

Nah Navi is going to pressure it to become another pascal. Expect a 550$ gtx 3080 to be at launch on summer 2020

>Navi is going to pressure it
Nah, not when AMD is just pricematching Nvidia like they're currently doing with Navi. That's why consumers need Intel in the mix to kick off a pricing war

Like if you want bad QC look at Samsung. NEVER AGAIN

Attached: 1561258302638s.jpg (250x231, 4K)

too bad AMD is colluding on the price fixing/gouging

Attached: amd-vs-nvidia.jpg (745x450, 79K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/hJ7mdX
What would be a fitting monitor for this build?

LG 22MC37D-B

STOP LYING, YOU DUMB FAGGOT
1060 LAUNCHED AT $300.

Prices are SLIGHTLY higher realtive to the time but you are GREATLY EXAGGERATING IT WITH YOUR FAKE PRICES
Especially when you're using graphs which ALSO use the fake MSRPs for the older cards.

>Puts normal and TI on the same data curve
How does someone fail this hard at making a fucking graph?

That's better, but doesn't go back far enough. Looks like the top cards never recovered in price. If anything, everyone still wants that sweet miner dosh.

>Intel not joining in on the price fixing
You dummies are really too optimistic about those assholes. At most they might undercut an equivalent green/red card by $20. Hell they could overprice by a bunch too since brand loyalists will eat it up.

You can't OC or boost higher then 3.9ghz

4th Gen i5 is perfectly fine for you? Get a fucking ryzen.

Not everyone plays games user. I'm getting by on a 3570k here

ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ

youtube.com/watch?v=lCcSK3R8HcM

Attached: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 35K)

>FAKE
Don't forget that you got your FAKEposting privileges revoked (check bottom of that OP). You're replying to two different people anyway, dumbass.

>too optimistic
One can only hope that Turing/Navi is a blip on the pricing radar

whatever happened to XL ATX?

Is it worth getting a Samsung 960 or 970 yet for gaming?

>XL ATX
that shit has been obsolete for close to 10 years.
did you just get out of a coma

Hope you're enjoying your stutters.

>You're replying to two different people anyway, dumbass.
no I'm not
>Don't forget that you got your FAKEposting privileges revoked
Confirmed it was fake. That you continue to lie doesn't change that it's fake.

If you continue to lie and say that Nvidia's MSRP are the real prices they launch at, you're obviously trolling and that's against the rules.

Attached: firefox_2019-09-02_00-53-02.png (941x271, 52K)

Duplicate post because my chrome extension sucks dicks:

Anyone here know about custom cable sleeving?
I want green and black cables for a semimodular Corsair PSU.

But the CaseMods kits on amazon cost 70$ for cables I dont need.
Has anyone used AsiaHorse or UpHere cables? I cant find a corporate site for either of them and I want to know if they are shit.

Thanks bros.

Attached: RICER SHIT.jpg (1500x1500, 209K)

The 1060 6GB had an MSRP of 250USD, which most partner cards launched at. Far right columns show "MSRP" and Founders Edition prices, which are not the same.

Founder's Edition all had an extra Nvidia tax on top of normal MSRP. Only one trolling here is you. You can keep denying all you want, but every user can just follow the posts back to the proof for pricing data from PCpartpicker and anons in the thread. There's even a bunch more proof posted in this thread You're pathetic

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-02 GeForce 10 series - Wikipedia.png (1375x923, 111K)

I bought some EZDIY cables (basically the same as the other no-name Chinese brands you mentioned) for $30 and they're practically identical to the custom ones you can get for over double the price. Unless you need an autistically specific color scheme, then I'd just go with whichever Amazon one is the cheapest.

>Unless you need an autistically specific color scheme
isnt that the main reason to get these extensions

Are the EZDIY cables universally compatible with every psu? The only real thing thats keeping me from pulling the trigger is the worry that theyll fry my parts.
How long have you had your EZDIY one, if you dont mind my asking? Any irregularities?

Thank you.

Attached: 1564117581089.jpg (710x1000, 262K)

stop lying
The MSRP is fake and was not the actual street prices on launch on close to launch. Saying otherwise is a blatant lie. Your own images you posted earlier of the cheapest card you could find confirmed this yet you keep lying about it after being called out on that.
>Founder's Edition all had an extra Nvidia tax on top of normal MSRP.
Yeah, despite being a fucking blower card. The other cards on launch didn't respect that MSRP just the same and were priced around FE price.

Other than the fact that they look way cleaner and better than the stock power supply cables? I suppose, although I just got the all black ones

I want to build a gaming PC for longevity and not needing to replace the CPU in 2-3 years. Should I get a 3600 or a 3700x?

Had it for exactly a week, no issues so far but keep in mind they're pretty stiff so they'll take a bit of time setting up/cable management. It comes with pretty much every cable you need plus some, it fit every single connector for my Seasonic focus gold. just read the description for which extension cables it comes with

Is there a such thing as a Crysis of 2019?

Nice try, bullshitter. Just keep talking out of your ass. You never post data to back up ANY of your claims. And of course there is none, which is why you can't post it.

>Your own images you posted earlier of the cheapest card you could find confirmed this
Literally delusional. The pricing data directly contradicted your claims.

All the proof about launch prices being at or close to MSRP ($250 for 6GB 1060, $699 for 1080Ti, etc) is in the threads.

3700x

Sweet. You've helped me out a lot. I'll take a look at EZDIY.

Attached: a rare Moot.jpg (1080x1350, 142K)

nah, last time i built a pc or really looked hard at hardware was 2013.

Will we ever see a 5700xt aib restock in our lifetimes?

Metro Exodus , possibly. Control is relatively hard to run as well but I didn't see a reason for it

Unironicly Minecraft with ray tracing

if the mining craze was any indication of AMD's ability to manage stock and prices
then don't expect things improve until sometime next year

Control's use of RT is impressive

3600 save or use the extra cash for gpu.

Who do I believe?

easier to upgrade GPU than CPU.

3600+msi b450 (max) and rest of budget in gpu is the value and smart play
even a 3900x doesnt perform significantly better. better invested in a gpu until you hit 2080 tiers then you can go with a 9900k

>remove cooler
>remove cpu
>slot in higher core am4 ryzen cpu
>put cooler on
bada bing bada boom

>msi b450 (max)
not coming out in burgerland

then non max and flash it. going for x570 fucks up the value pretty bad. amd fucked up not getting b550 out

lol, i thought that, but im stuck in AM3+ and DDR3. also cooler doesn't have an adapter for new socket. also, why TF would you get a brand new cpu on last gen mobo?

cpu and ram are very dependent on there not being changes to the socket. id say AM4+ is imminent. along with DDR5.

vs graphics card is just PCIe. and when you upgrade in future, when you build new system, gpu can be brought over.

S-s-s-shutup b-bitch.

Its hard to say but I think we are just starting to get to the stage where some big titles are starting to make use of more cores and threads. So maybe in 2-3 years 8 will be more ideal but at the moment 6 performs well enough. Theres only a handful of titles that significantly benefit from 8 cores

The 3700x an extra $130. Use that $130 in 2-3 years time and swap out to a 4600 or 5600 which should hopefully still be $200 (assuming you can still use it with a AM4 board)

Unless you are streaming or doing some video work 8 cores isnt great value at this stage imo.

>Use that $130 in 2-3 years time and swap out to a 4600 or 5600
Those will definitely require a new mobo though so he's not saving that much cash in the end.

he's not looking for RIGHT NOW. he's planning for 5 years from now.

as in "how will this system perform in 5 years"

>why TF would you get a brand new cpu on last gen mobo
because its half the price and has no performance benefit going with x570 for example

>AM4+ is imminent. along with DDR5.
probably in 2021. what does this have to do with am4 systems now?

he said 2-3 years. a 6c12t will still be fine

DDR5 isnt even really in servers yet. it is far from being imminent

they were saying the same thing about DDR4 when i built with an 8350 in 2013...

>2080 tiers then you can go with a 9900k
Did I do a mistake going with a 3600x and 2080 super?

absolutely.

Who knows. Lets just assume everything will be dogshit in 5 years. A 3790k/4790k is really nearing the end of its life.

You cant expect anything you buy to be competitive in 5 years its just so difficult to say where technology will go.

Not if you're at 1440p. 1080p, yeah, but you mostly won't notice it. A 2080S isn't a 1080p card anyway

>amd fucked up not getting b550 out
That was likely on purpose.

>2019
>buying nvidia
good goym...

Will use it mostly for 4k if possible, 1440p if not.

>You cant expect anything you buy to be competitive in 5 years its just so difficult to say where technology will go.
you can make some assumptions though. besides, my 8350 system has had one gpu upgrade, and is just now reaching limits in modern games at ultra.

My FX 6350 system also went through a graphics card upgrade (280X --> 470), but that CPU was shit. An 8350 isn't much better. PUBG was unplayable

thats cause pubg is a shit game.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ps86cY
Budget is $1.4k or so abouts USD. Anything I could do to improve it? What would be a good aftermarket CPU for the 3600?

This is meant to be for 1440p gaming as well. 60+ FPS

meant 2080 ti. at that point you could consider 9900k if u want the last bit of performance. still worse value tho for that last bit of perf

I know that Bulldozer was/is shit, but using PUBG as a benchmark for overall performance is even shittier. Just about every benchmark for it outside of some ridiculous set up has it under performing against similar games both graphically and in genre. I seriously don't know why people include it other than to rope in the clueless 12 year old audience that hasn't moved on to something like Fortnite or Apex Legends.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/ps86cY
an m.2 2tb drive is like $120...
and the 2070... really should be looking more towards the 1070 xt. ~$150 less

is a 2060s worth it for 1080p gaming?

Can you link me one of those m.2 SSD? And, the 2070s is in stock right now, whereas the 4700xt (I assume you meant that) isn't outside of blower models.

ok, i was... a little off in price (that's what i get for trying to go off memory). $184.
pcpartpicker.com/product/7MQG3C/intel-660p-series-2tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ssdpeknw020t8x1

pcpartpicker.com/list/pkWNkd
If you're going 2070 you might as well go 3700x
I also tried to save you some cash but you're better off getting a m.2 ssd and anything not barracuda.
Breaking 60fps is no issue but you should reconsider a better SSD

uhm... no? i meant 5700 XT. you must be confused. and yeah, they're out of stock atm. it just launched 2 months ago.

I meant 5700xt, i'm tired, sorry.

Gotta 2700 + 580 8gb rn
looking to upgrade, I do os development and use many vms, i'm thinking about just dropping a 3900x in my current pc and more ram

And you're looking for advice on?

Any opinions on Be quiet PSUs?
And what is the best x570 mobo for 250e ?

Anyone? I know the XT will probably be recommended but I prefer nvidia cards, and this is in the same price range or so about.

guy is micro center going to be open tomorrow?

Attached: wojak.jpg (750x1000, 55K)