>When Elon Musk realised Jack Ma is an idiot

youtu.be/aHGd6LqAVzw

Attached: snapshot2.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/ai-and-the-human-informational-centipede/
youtube.com/watch?v=Up9-C4_8dVo
rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How does it feel that a dumb man is richer than you?

buy more BABA

i need a based explanation on "neurolink" my normie friend brought it to my attention and i have no idea what it is

overhyped cash grab

definitely hyped

>guy who copied Ebay
>vs the guy who's at the forefront of western aerospace tech
Lmao

Holly shit Ma is retarded. I hope it's the language barrier that makes him sound like bushleague brainlet.

He's just chinese

>i never worry about the things that i cannot solve
>i let other people to solve it
>if nobody can solve it just let it be
>that's my life
what a chad.

Maybe he's not that dumb after all? Or maybe he's just smarter in the right areas?

r*ddit

Jesus fucking Christ that was painful

jack ma more like jack my 7mm peter

Jack Ma didn't come across too well, but the irony is he's right. Computer's are not intelligent, computers are a proxy of our intelligence. They don't think, they're not conscious, they just do what we tell them.

The AI taking over the world thing is a misdirection trick. We should be much more worried about the people at the top who control the technology, they're the malevolent ones.

Its the same fucking thing nigger its just
>Oh no glowie niggers can use ai to
Like how they found satoshi without any metadata , just stylometric analysis of his online postings cross refetenced against those linked with his real idebtity

Vs

>oh no muh ai hal 9000 i have no meme and i must scream

Either way we are all fucked. Infact im killing myself asswe speak, aleady gonng kinda dizzy

you too don't understand the consequences of autonomous learning AI.

nobody controls it and it's unpredictable what it will try to do.

This video shows the opposite, Musk is childishly arrogant on subjects he doesn't understand

Ebay is C2C/B2C
Alibaba is B2B
Try again.

Very good Chang, +1 social credit score!

>nobody controls it
the person who creates it controls it and sets the parameters
this is all based on magical assumptions really, that with enough processing power you'll give birth to "life"

Why do people think glorified calculators that are just sifting through massive amounts of data the first step toward some magically sentient machine? Science Fiction movies? We have Saudis giving dumb animatronic chat bots "citizenship."

>These days, we have Elon Musk petrified that a near relative of logistic regression is going to achieve sentience and render him unable to enjoy the usufructs of his toils. Charlatan “thinktanks” dedicated to “friendly AI” (and Harry Potter slashfic) have sprung up. Goofball non-profits designed to make “AI” more “safe” by making it available as open source (think about that for a minute) actually exist. Funded, of course, by the paranoid oligarchs who would be better off reading a book, adjusting their exercise program or having their doctor adjust their meds.

scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/ai-and-the-human-informational-centipede/

I am talking seriously, what makes the stance of Musk right? He didn't even say a single intelligible sentence in this stupid debate anyway. He was just making stupid facial expressions to make himself look cool among his retarded fanboys in the west

BOTH of them cannot pass an undergraduate AI test anyway

being king of chinkland doesn't mean you're king of anything else

>Why do people think glorified calculators that are just sifting through massive amounts of data the first step toward some magically sentient machine?
they're scientific materialists who don't believe in a soul and cling on to outdated sci-fi ideas from the 20th century

Nice to see Melon is as cringe as always.

>Reddit
Go back, seriously.

>Why do people think glorified calculators that are just sifting through massive amounts of data the first step toward some magically sentient machine? Science Fiction movies? We have Saudis giving dumb animatronic chat bots "citizenship."
We honestly don't. But it's easier loosen the purses of a VC when you dress up your work with Sci-Fi clichés about artificial intelligence than talking to them about Kalman filters, back propagation, temporal difference learning (remember when a computer finally beat a Go grandmaster? Dumbasses like Musk were hailing it as a "watershed event" portending that "Skynet is real close now!" Alpha Go uses the same technique that TD-Gammon used almost 30 years ago).

all i see is a based chad jack and a weeb incel with a shaky voice
and jack ma is richer soo

What? Would you like to share that with the rest of the class?

He's just Chinese. That's really what they think.

Being a rich Chinese does not change that.

well the point is we are faaar away from autonomous learning, everything slightly impressive achieved with "AI" today is achieved by pushing millions of data points of a specific problem to a computer so it eventually learns that task and only that

A simple search would lead you to a reddit thread of the same title in which redditards competed who'd suck Elon off harder

That stupid gook has like a small face? What a weird little bug person.

youtube.com/watch?v=Up9-C4_8dVo

When I saw that first sales pitch from Jack Ma, I knew he was going to be a multibillionaire.

he's chinese

> Why do people think glorified clumps of atoms and molecules can form intelligent life?

That's you

Jack ma is so ugly.
He knew he had to make money or else he was screwed.

>"马云太丑了" (Jack Ma is too ugly)
That's actually a thing. Everyone thinks he's ugly.

learn what the word autonomous means you nigger.

i agree state of the art machine learning is far away from it.
it requires a new paradigm.

also checked.

Two people in two completely different areas debating...Ok

so this is what happened to tim and eric

Alibaba is B2C too, retard.

Jack Ma doesn't know anything about tech. He's literally just a business man. He has a B.A in English even.

Does Elon Musk? This faggot has been borrowing his talking points on AI from fucking Terminator to appease to the braindead leftie crowd from reddit. Just look at people who paid money for tickets to listen to two blabbering idiots.

Jack Ma learned English by speaking to foreign students at his college.

If the interview was done in Chinese Elon would sound stupid too.

The notion that AI will make us want to understand what it means to be human is true.

As to optimism about the future and optimism about AI and not caring about things like spacetravel -

Jack Ma seemed pretty clear that's not what he cared about and it's not what he's interested in and you can see him trying to steer the conversation away from those topics.

It's the autism of successful people, they care enormously about their chosen fields and only want to talk about that and don't give a fuck about anything else

>degree is in english
>can't speak english

True, they are a proxy of the very intelligent, like the EEs and comp scientists, much more intelligent than the average joe, but one of the big differences is the mass production of the devices. The lack of soul, consciousness, compassion, and ethics will allow a person or a group, to take that accumulated proxy intelligence of the computer, mass produce the device, and have the computers carry out the groups will, whether good or evil. So, computers might not ever have a well rounded intelligence like a human, but that accumulated proxy intelligence, and the ability to be mass produced, makes me think that we shouldn't be measuring the intelligence of the two the same way.

>How does it feel that a dumb man is richer than you?
It's pretty much what I expect from a central planned economy like China. Of course they're going to make some stupid citizen that's easy to control rich.

Muskie worked as a programmer for some time, and wrote the software for his first company zip2 I think.

oh nooo
>delegates mundane and repetitive tasks
what are we gonna do
>defines what is valid information
about the ai
>actually monitor what it does
menace?
>yanks power cord

Attached: IMG_b2wxv7.jpg (178x178, 17K)

JACK MA IS RETARDED

BUT ELON IS STILL LOW IQ

>ELON IS A GENIUS
NICE MEME

>the person who creates it controls it and sets the parameters
But then the program ends up doing unexpected things, you fucking idiot. Ever heard of a bug? A bug is essentially a program performing behaviour that is absolutely correct according to programming logic (otherwise the bug wouldn't exist / be executed), but which was never intended by the developer. Because getting a computer to do things that you want it to do isn't always easy - it's a lot of trial and error.

And especially with "AI" (machine learning) based programs that people are making now, these programs can also end up producing behaviours that the programmer did not intend.

You idiot.

Musk is just a little crook, that's what we chinese believe in.

I honestly see nothing wrong with what Jack Ma said. Yeah, humans are smarter than computers.
>hurr play chess against Stockfish
Just because a machine can do more calculations than my brain it doesn't mean it's smarter than me. In fact a computer is an extremely dumb machine.

Yes "believe" because it's not based in fact

Sorry but you're stupid as fuck.

Computers are obviously not sentient things, they're not living things, they haven't evolved, they don't have their own volition etc. But you can make programs, especially with machine learning, that can do extremely clever things. When programmed right, computers can do things that are extremely sophisticated which humans just aren't capable of - especially not in the timeframes that computers can do them. So computers can in that way be much "smarter" than you. Computers can do complex mathematical calculations far quicker and more accurately than you can, which is one way in which they are "smarter" than you. And over time there will be more and more intellectual tasks at which a computer will be "smarter" than you.

Some people will say that a computer still isn't "smart" because it's a dumb machine, without its own volition. But I think this is to misinterpret what the word "smart" means. I don't think something needs to have its own volition to be smart, necessarily. E.g. you might have a person who is not very street smart at all, and isn't very smart at all in how they use their own volition, but they're still smart in processing mathematical calculations. And they would be described as "smart", at least in the context of the things that they do seem to be "smart" at. Look how we even refer to computerised objects as being "smart" - e.g. "smartphone", "smart TV", "smart fridge" etc.

So yes, actually a computer can be much smarter than you at certain tasks, like playing chess, doing mathematical calculations, creating extremely advanced graphics, etc., and the number of tasks in which computers will be smarter than you is increasing all the time.

this, he's actually based. It took Marcus Aurelius years to word this philosophy in a meaningful way. Based chinaman does it in 10 seconds.

Dumb relative to what? He probably knows things I don't that are not tech related.

Elon Musk is at least as retarded as that chinaman.

Just because AI can solve established problems faster than humans, doesn't mean it can outperform us in problem-solving areas which require creativity.

WAIT TILL STRONG AI THEN EVERYTHINGS FUCKED

1. You can be smart in some areas and dumb in others
2. He's literally just Chink Jeff Bezos, he happened to make the site that took of for web shopping in China. It wasn't an original idea, his just happened to catch on first.
3. You realize celebrities exist right

>years to word this philosophy in a meaningful way
It's literally just being a business man 101

Who is going to program it? We have been programmed by evolution for billions of years to not make too big mistakes to wipe us all out.

Who is going set the decision making parameters for the AI when it comes to morality. At best, this fucking thing will be a glorified probability analyser and random number generator (which will be it's basis for decisions).

We'll be certainly fucked.

didn't know that businesses were into stoic philosophy

>I DELEGATE CUS IM A NOSKILLZ BRAINLET
t. JACKMA

SOME PHILOSOPHY LMAO

>think about that for a minute
Idiot

What was the point of this video though?

>glorified calculators that are just sifting through massive amounts of data
do you even know what a brain is ?

YOU CAN MAP ALL THE NEURONS BUT NOBODY TRULY KNOWS HOW CONSCIOUSNESS ARISES

I heard someone say in a thread before that a computer is a tool; it can calculate, generate and anything you want it to, but as a human being you shouldn't try to compete with a tool. Like trying to fight with a torque wrench on who can tighten a bolt harder. You'll lose but that's what it was made for.

Anyone who knows anything about information security and viruses knows that's not true. Next thing you know, you'll be drinking and breathing poison and getting bombed by predator drones

Because we're doing things that were considered equally as impossible and improbably not 100 years ago.
I'm telling you off instantly from the other side of the world. Impossible for millennia.
We're only here by coincidence to begin with, it's not ridiculous to imagine someone is going to discover some random sequence of mathematics that leads to some practical marvel just like always in all of history. Progress happens, whether it makes sense to or not, intentional or incidental.
I have half a mind to believe we're just going to brute force it somehow eventually.
>program that generates programs that are tested against some metric
Almost like this
rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/

No he's not "Chink Jeff Bezos" in any way whatsoever. Jack Ma has an English degree - he's not a techie whatsoever. He doesn't have that background. Whereas Jeff Bezos has degrees in electrical engineering and computer science. Bezos worked in some IT job on Wall Street before he decided to make Amazon.

There's a Bezos biography called "The Everything Store" that I've read, it's good if you're interested in reading about the story behind Amazon.

Attached: bezos.jpg (1536x977, 156K)

Jeff Bezos is the capitalist version of Joseph Stalin

>security
>yanks out wifi cable
woooow

>Ma attended Hangzhou Teacher's Institute (currently known as Hangzhou Normal University) and graduated in 1988 with a B.A. in English

I'm a different user, but your argument is wrong, humans are not smart because they can do math and only math, it is because despite the human condition they can do math very well, we're also capable of switching contexts on a whim, even the most basic baby has abilities that computers still do not dream of, and even if they achieve a superiority in a certain area, it is because we, the humans, decide it to be that way and build this machines to do this tasks for us.

when you create a program, you could interpret that action as a human extending their thoughts and calculations beyond their physical capabilities and that is precisely why we're so smart, we don't have to process billions of mathematical equations to come up with things that a computer could never come up with, unless we told it to.

>B.A in English
>Can barely string a coherent sentence together

Wew

Lad

Elon's fear of AI is justified, because the driving force behind its creation process today, is via military funding and propensity. It's not being created for peaceful gains as much as it's being created so that it's more efficient to fucking murder each other under wartime rules.

And with war, it's really easy to have a runaway solution that at first makes sense and then rapidly escapes your grasp to control. Couple that with our vast web of information and the next evolution of it via IoT and you've got the perfect recipe for a theoretical super intelligence that MAY NOT have humanity's best intentions in mind.

Whether that happens or not, is a different story. But the probability of it happening are certainly greater than they were a decade ago.

Capitalists living in fear of their own mortality starts the thing science fiction is real, and all you piss ants hang on every retarded word, fucking boot lickers.

there is no singular AI being developed, there are however a multitude of specialized ones in different industries.

That's true, but the primary motivator for AI is warfare. That's his concern.

Jack Ma seems like the kind of guy who had the capital and was in the right place at the right time with a basic understand in supply side economics at a regional scale. Alibaba grew into the juggernaut it is, due to there being a giant power vacuum for the company to expand into. And finally, he had a template to base it off of; Amazon. Absence of it, I doubt he and his company would have gotten as big as it did despite the large power vacuum of such companies in China.

There are after all, dozens and dozens of such type of companies--yet none have managed to reach Alibaba's size.

this post is so fucking dumb it's typical Jow Forums

>brute force your way to creating sentience
ok buddy

Nature already did it once.

>"AI" (machine learning) based programs
>these programs can also end up producing behaviours that the programmer did not intend
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

confirmed retard who has never done anything related to machine learning or A""""I"""""

I know, right? i.e. Thomas Edison almost got blind by x raying his eyes, even tho everyone told him not to.
Haha, that dumb fuck was more important and richer than me!
GOD DAMNIT! LIFE IS UNFAIR!

Wow Elon Musk looks like a retard in this clip. He couldn't comprehend his basic English sentences. WTF.

>"dood da rowboats r gonna wipe us out dood i saw it in a movie" the thread

sure as hell doesn't sound stupid in that clip

Attached: jack.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Are you some sort of solipsist?

He looks like he's about to die even then.

but in principle it's not doing anything more than what a calculator is doing

you've just added more rules to the calculator and it's just following them.

the smartest computers we have and will have in the foreseeable future can do nothing more than follow rules or do calculations

the best computers will not come anywhere near the conscious abilities of an ant

not the best philosophy for the Emperor of the known world, but not a bad one for us in our day to day lives

>Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist
No. That's seemingly ridiculous. I'd go as far as to say the only thing within one's control is their mind, but that is completely separate from the idea that the only thing to exist is one's own mind.

>B.A. in English
so a certified brainlet

do you know what the word autonomous means nigger

>an arrogant retard who made his fortune by befriending Peter Thiel, a faggot who cannot solve a basic k-nearest neighbor problem claims that AI will kill us all

"""AI""" can only kill us all by automating low skill jobs used by millions of people across the world, those people that comprise the low and below-middle class, those people are the true purchasing power in any functional economy, if they can't buy the shit-tier basic things that make the mega corporate make revenues, it will be a self enforcing shitshow that will result in revolutions, civil wars, political instability across the world and eventually big wars by nuclear powers that will kill us all

However a terminator-tier AI is as improbable as getting Elon Musk read a textbook and learning about real AI

Never speak english if its not your native language, you know who speaks English? Putin.

how did Jow Forums get filled with such fucking retards