Linux just works

fuck this piece of shit os,i fell for the Jow Forums memes and installed linux, first i tried linux mint and the headphones didn't work, didn't even recognize them then i tried ubuntu same shit fuck this and the design is damn gay

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

back to botnet atleast it works

Should have gone with macOS. It's the only usable OS that JUST WORKS.

the os is great but the hardware is overpriced and sucks

>overpriced
Your employer is supposed to buy it for you.

still the hardware sucks

It's alright. Sucks that they use x86 now, however.

>headphones didn't work
how bad do your headphones have to be to not work with anything other than windows

i use dt990pro nigger,i think it has to do with my soundcard,i searched a little bit and many other people have the same problem but still no solution

Too dense to make some headphones work, goes back to thickodows 10

Works in Manjaro :)

what desktop environment do you you cause it sometimes has to be activated like by turning it on

*do you use*

>the headphones didn't work
this is the most retarded issue explanation ever

That's sexist, straight people work just fine.

how the fuck do u expect me to expalin to you in detail why it didn't work when i just downloaded the damn thing, as i said linux was not recognizing the headphones and only the speaker option was available
i restarted it a few times and tried some online solutions as well but nothing worked

>Can't make his headphones work, blames the whole OS for it

So not Bluetooth headphones. Just the headphones port? Have you tried front and rear ports? Make sure volume isn't low or muted.

Try a USB sound card. If that works then it's a driver issue. You'll have to lookup the model number of your PC's sound chipset and download drivers then.

Before that open "software & updates " in ubuntu and check under the drivers tab.

>I-i-i... Restarted the computer... Isn't it how they solve tech problems on TV shows?

out of all the things I dislike about Linux distros, hardware not working has in my experience never been an issue. in fact, things like audio interfaces, network cards, playstation controllers... i've either had issues with them on Windows or at least had to install drivers manually. meanwhile, all of that shit always "just worked" on Fedora, with no need to manually install or fuck around with anything.

are those USB headphones? if they're standard analog, there's no reason they shouldn't work, in which case it's your soundcard that's causing issues.

Op didn't even mention what type of headphones he used lol. USB headphones are fucking retarded ngl

If you want wireless use Bluetooth. There's no reason to use a proprietary USB dongle.

What is gay about Unix?

>i use dt990pro nigger
at least read the rest of the thread before posting,
they aren't usb headphones, unless brainlet op uses a converter

Attached: impressive.jpg (284x322, 28K)

Shouldn't you be in school?

We have this thread every single day. Linux requires an IQ above 80 to be usable. Stick to Windows.

Good. Kill yourself back to Windows or get a Mac, we have enough idiots without you on board already.

glad this retard is dead

>i use dt990pro nigger,i think it has to do with my soundcard,i searched a little bit and many other people have the same problem but still no solution
And you're blaming a random distro for this?
Are you quite literally retarded?

you should not have to make something work. it should just work and thereby enable you to do actual work with your computer instead of fiddling around with it

You would need to spend weeks ricing shit out but when finished you will realize there are not even any apps worth using on the Linux desktop.

If you're an artist/professional or looking for productivity use macOS. If you are poor or a gamer use Windows.

>hi Jow Forums
>just wanted to let you know I'm retarted

Where do you think you are? Just go buy a Mac so you can get talked down to by people who are paid to do it.

>it should just work and thereby enable you to do actual work with your computer instead of fiddling around with it

I have never seen any OS work perfectly 100% with everything, even on windows I'll occasionally see some shit just not work, or shit that did work then suddenly it didn't work so you go to a hardware forum where you get the standard "works on my machine" tripe.

Attached: readmanual.png (847x468, 426K)

ITS MORE BSD

DARWIN IS APPLEL SPONGING OFF OPENSORES DEVELOPERS

t. C** *****R

>manjaro installation breaks
>install guix
>none of the packages for the other package managers work and I can't even get firefox installed
>too buggy decide I'll give this a go another time try out nix
>spend time doing a manual install having to restart several times because of issues and the thing fails at the install because of a broken package dependency and it hangs with its upgrade
>okay too buggy gonna try out elementary os
>install doesn't get 10 seconds in just hangs because of some issue it's having with one of my external storage devices
>hahahahahahah
>okay i'm reinstalling windows i'm not about to compile a bunch of shit
>dd bs=8M if=windows.iso of=/dev/sde
>doesn't work apparently don't know of another burner to use that was on guix
>try to get it to burn with unetbootin
>package not available binary fails with no errors
>borrow someone else's windows computer and burn the iso with unetbootin on there
>doesn't work, didn't install debian either

Attached: iu.jpg (600x625, 45K)

So OP, answer this:

Are you able to make TempleOS boot up?

Werks on my machine, why don't you stop screeching like an autist and go learn how it works

yes

then just
->

>falling for the linux meme in 2019
are you new here?

yes

Install Arch, it is a newbie type distribution, it allows for your headphones to work since it closely mimics Windows and has all drivers.

>haha am I one of you guys now? :D

Did you try pic related. Its pauvcontrol

Attached: ka8LN5C.png (502x425, 23K)

>installed x and y didn't work
fucking retard, don't you write your own drivers? brainlets shouldn't use superior linux, i only use graphics drivers signed by McToadFistbumper on hacknet.gov

>>haha am I one of you guys now? :D
>haha am I one of you guys now? :D

Here's how I created a Windows 10 USB on Lunix

>format 16GB USB drive as NTFS
>Mount Windows iso in Lunix
>literally copy the files over to the USB
>boot the USB

What was Terry opinion on bsd?