When will Noctua make silent PC cases?

Fractal is too gay now, I just want a silent case that takes 2 200mm front fans

Attached: 1537694063025.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/b/6FNQzy
youtu.be/23vjWtUpItk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>200mm
Nobody can agree on the spacing. There's no reason to use big cases anyway now that 5.25" drives are dead

Exactly why Noctua can make a case according to their fans.

If you aren't okay with your computer sounding like a V8 engine, you're a faggot.

Fractal meshify-C with arctic fans, top-mounted AIO, and zero air-chamber cables is cheap and 100% silent.

This is on a 12 core Ryzen

Cases are a saturated market that's hard to break into. Noctua specializes in fan and cooler design, and it works best for them to stay there.

working inside a pc case is just as important as a good case, I prefer FAR oversized just because there's less dicking around trying to make shit fit.

not hard to break into, but the race to the bottom already happened, there is no point to going into the market where margins are fucked unless you have a fantastic idea or low run production that allows small stock, but the issue there is that also increases cost of cases in a market where the race to the bottom happened.

Very few people think like that; it won't sell. Designers aren't making products for you, they're making products for profit. Larger cases will only cost more and be a literal waste of space.

>100% silent
you might be deaf, or gay, or both user

>open case
>AIO
>silent

I mean your idea isn't that bad, but you would have literally a much more silent setup with a closed case and air cooling.

and that's why most cases you see are full tower or mid at smallest when anyone is selling this despite the matx motherboards?

>most cases you see are full tower or mid at smallest
If PCPartPicker is anything to go by, full towers are not popular at all. Mid towers (that can't fit 200mm fans) are by far the most dominant.

There's already a case like that, the Cooler Master H500.

You can even put in 200mm Noctuas if you're that autistic.

pcpartpicker.com/b/6FNQzy

and yet I don't see smaller cases being used in computers people sell...

That's what happens when you don't have a billion cables and drive bays in your air chamber.

>closed case
>what is intake
No retard
If I made my fans work 10x harder, it wouldn't be silent just because it's marginally more acoustically isolated.

>Cooler Master H500
that case is loud as fuck

Source, faggot? GN just tested the fans, couldn't even get them to 40dBA.

Unless you care to prove that statistically, your point is weak. I can say that mid tower models outnumber full towers 5:1, and that only the 10th most popular case is full tower (doesn't support intake fans anyway lmao gotta love tempered glass) while 8 of the 10 are ATX mid tower.
Therefore, it's my conclusion that there's a very small potential market for 200mm fans.

The point of a relatively closed off case is to isolate coil whine and hard drive noise.

>coil whine
>hard drive
What year is it

>coil whine and hard drive noise.
What the fuck kind of shitbox are you running?

All hardware whines a bit. If you can't hear it then either your home is much louder than mine or your hearing is worse. Hard drives are a necessity if you can't get by on a couple of terabytes.

>Hard drives are a necessity
You never heard of a network?

>All hardware whines a bit.
If you have old junk from china maybe.

Yes I will buy a whole extra computer just so that I can isolate myself from my hard drives instead of buying a case with less openings.

Are you me?
Meshify-c with dark side panel
Dual 140mm Arctic fans in front and the one with the case in the back (starts only when CPU is over 50°C)
Comfy R5 2600
Pic related it's the baby mid building

Attached: 20190404_220342.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

???
Your scenario is really nichie.
I guess make your super computer noisy so you can fit a few extra terrabytes of unusablly slow storage? Makes sense....

Just buy an already decent silent case and put higher end fans with better sound characteristics in it

Attached: 1481785427062.jpg (238x192, 14K)

My drives aren't noisy because they are isolated by the case. The speed of the storage is irrelevant because they only store media. This is a much more normal use case than running network storage.

>isolated by the case
Why do you want to isolate heat inside the case?
That just makes the fans work harder so you can hear them.

I have a D15 and a graphics card with a large heat sink. My fans all run very low RPM even under heavy load.

Niche, premium cases have great margins and can command insane prices. See: $200 ITX cases. No one would bat an eye at Noctua coming out with an expensive ass case as long as it's signature Noctua quality. People got used to their fucking $20, weird ass color scheme fans, they'll pay for a $200 case.

By "they" I mean "me," because I have several of their fans, and actually have an 1st run NCase M1.

But I also agree with you. WHile it would be cool (lolpun) for Noctua to come out with a case, they're doing well where they are, and I wouldn't want them to risk dumping a bunch of resources on what could be a failed venture if they're not comfortable doing it.

>signature Noctua quality
Yeah but Noctua can't stroll in like Asus because they don't sell you the rest of your system. That means the premium would need to be backed by good R&D, quite the gamble for a relatively small company.

>$200 ITX cases
They're limited runs and do like 2 production runs a year because of how niche it is. The big brands like NZXT, Phanteks, whatever, have entire factories pumping them out

>AIO
>using an AIO
NOP, water cool only good when custom loop
youtu.be/23vjWtUpItk

not even r&d, as there isn't much to r&d, they would need go go with premium parts and solutions, which to a business may cost a few $ but would put it a cut above the rest that don't.

that cooler is loud as fucl

They do.

Its called fractal design ang gp-14

why does anyone care about fan noise?
do you not use headphones?

All cases are gay, I just need an horizontal mobo, no 5.25 bay and case-wide fan at the top

Not really.
Can barely hear it at full speed and at idle the rpms are at ~250

perfection

Attached: 257634.b1ef584daa7af54ee847b3d57cf6dd9b.1600[1].jpg (800x1200, 83K)

how about start cleaning your computer?
put some multipurpose oil on the motor and adjust the fan curve on the mobo

Nice bait

>no sound damping material
YIKES

Yep, same 2-fan optimal intake & outake setup.
I wouldn't have done the AIO in retrospect, but it's low-profile (which helps airflow) and it carries heat directly up.

Attached: thumbbig-695325.png (400x241, 32K)

full towers are kino

>thermal insulators
>in an open grille case
Yeah, just hermetically seal the thing like a Mac and the sound won't escape.

imagine the colors

protip: it's not the fans or the babby shit brown colour, it's the fan speed reducer that comes in the pack.

ANY FAN TURNED DOWN ENOUGH CAN BE SILENT!