additional spec info:
>4690K running at 4.5GHZ
>512GB XPG Gammix S11 NVME SSD as boot drive

>Hackintosh has been great for music production in logic pro x
>decided to get Roland Cloud subscription
>load up a couple of the synth plugins into a track
>system is overloading

the whole point of this thread is to ask:
Does anyone know how to utilize a GPU as a coprocessor in Mojave? Because it seems like my RX580 could easily fix this problem that i'm having.

If this is possible, i could then avoid shelling out at least $500 on a new CPU, Motherboard, and DDR4.

If it isn't, however...

*[RESPOND TO ABOVE BEFORE RESPONDING TO BELOW]*

Should i get a Ryzen 7 2700 during the current price drop or should i wait for Comet Lake to drop? Keep in mind that this is for a Hackintosh.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 6.42.37 PM.png (654x365, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IAut2VGpDvo
youtu.be/wvcoly2i-3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No
Also I remember someone asking for advice in /pcbg/ saying music production is heavily single threaded.
So get a 9900K or something. It should be easier to get hackintosh running too.

Given that gayzen isnt supported unless youre a custom kernel nigga, and CML Macs aren't out yet, just get a fucking 9900K or some meme. I'd see of there is a GPU option available in the software

but ryzen is supported
youtu.be/IAut2VGpDvo

also, if i go Intel, i'm definitely not gonna blow $494.99 usd on a 9900k when an entirely new socket is launching next month

fuck off

>it's an appletoddler manchild thinks he or his manchild toyOS belongs on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1548672441495.png (400x1650, 367K)

i know this is just gonna give you the attention you were desperately seeking but it needs to be said

>windows 7 is gonna be insecure startng january and doesn't even have native NVME support
>wangblows 10 is awful botnet garbage that forces updates
>any digial audio workstation on linux is absolute garbage and nowhere near as organized and feature packed as Logic Pro X

i do agree, nearly all of the x86 based tim cook era apple hardware may be overpriced and run blazing hot

but oh lawdy their software lately has been a god damn masterpiece

hell, if i could install a jailbroken version of iOS 13 on a OnePlus 7 pro, best believe i would buy one

you can go mess around with your little ones and zeroes disguised as jargain to make your interface based on your loli waifu in an attempt to feel dominant while I go get some real shit done on a bullshit free and increasingly secure environment

Winjeet detected. Go back to your gaming rig.

>Jargain
how many jars did you gain Apple nigger?

Brother, it is absolutely Windows kids who are constantly bashing on macfags. Longtime users of LiGnux and BSD - while we disagree with Apple's business practices, and may dislike their hardware design in its current state - are still fully aware that OS X is based on a strong Unix/Unix-like foundation, and understand that the OS is far preferable to Windows. 100% of the macbashing on Jow Forums is from underage /v/idyot newfags, or Windows refugees who just installed Linux Mint yesterday.

How did you set up your macintosh, I think I know where the problem is.

i've simply used the tonymacx86 tools because i didn't know any better at the time

only real issue is that opening the app store makes the system freeze so hard that not even the reset button on my chassis will work, but i'm pretty sure that was because i updated my motherboard bios to gain support for my nvme boot drive (because z97 amirite) and apparently i need to recompile a few files....catalina drops next month, i'll just wait

with catalina, i'm gonna time machine my drive and start with a clean slate of clover and just choose each kext one by one

you...i like you

You're not fooling anyone iJeet.

>OS X is based on a strong Unix/Unix-like foundation

nigger, it is a terrible amalgamation of two conflicting system paradigms that were mashed together in the most haphazard way. just under all that thin veneer of polish and gloss, is an eldritch horror of a mess of an operating system.

jesus christ, even the damned case-sensitivity of the shitty filesystem is a freakshow, let alone the fucking nightmare of it in the kernel space.

I like how wintoddlers always say this, but they can never go into specifics. XNU is by far the most advanced kernel available today, so go back to your video games if you can only posit vague platitudes.

And don't get me started on their policy of supporting graphics APIs.

And no, this shit isn't just for games, OpenGL and Vulkan has uses far beyond just rendering graphics for video games.

>the most advanced kernel available today,
Ask me how I know you shit in the street.

I'm on Debian, you fucking mongoloid.

get a threadripper you retard

Why do wintoddlers always project like this?

I'm sure, prakesh.

Why do iJeets always shit in the street like this?

All linux has going for it are server and supercomputer features - useless filesystems, obscure security features, support for deprecated hardware, etc. XNU is a great low latency desktop kernel.

Still

Objectively

Better

Than Windows

>daws fags
You belong on reddit, go back where you belong.

>windows fags
you belong on neowin.net. Go back where you belong.

/thread

my type of work wouldn't benefit from analog hardware as precise quantization is crucial and my budget would be insufficient at this point

Attached: FrogDeal.gif (400x400, 1.35M)

youtu.be/wvcoly2i-3M

Wrong board.

get a 3700x

you're an idiot. i promise.

> i5 cpu
> wonders why roland plugins are slow as fuck
there's your answer, genius.
>it seems like my RX580 could easily fix this problem that i'm having.
stop wasting your own time and get a better computer.
>Also I remember someone asking for advice in /pcbg/ saying music production is heavily single threaded
that all depends on the software. not all is single threaded but it's common enough to make people mad.

Maybe try using Windows and/or an other DAW ?
I do have a 4690K @4.5Ghz running Cubase on Windows 8.1 and never had a single issue of CPU overload during music production even using quite a lot of heavy plugins (no roland synth thought).

>ryzen for audio production