This thing is a joke

This thing is a joke.

Attached: librem-5.png (421x881, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHcHi0TBFv4
puri.sm/posts/purism-cto-presents-a-mobile-phone-that-respects-your-freedom-at-cccamp/
liliputing.com/2019/01/necunos-nc_1-is-an-expensive-open-source-phone-shaped-thing.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh ok

what iphone you got

I'd seriously consider it if it had a keyboard

that's the only phone thing about gnome
where did get the rest of the UI from

>$700

Attached: trannyphone.jpg (1933x1125, 210K)

do not be fooled by the poor choice of clothing, this one CEO knows their shit

I for one am excited at the prospect to have a non-spyware phone, be it a bit lame.

Fuck off paid shill

Honestly, I'm more hyped for the Pinephone. At least that one will be much cheaper than this thing.

I want a phone that uses openbox instead of gnome SHIT. lol

And probably come with even shittier specs, no thanks.

What do you expect? Whites are expensive.

What's the battery life? I heard that I.MX 6 has a poor energy optimization.

The Librem 5 is slightly less shit at nearly 5 times the price. It's sure as shit not 5 times better than the Pinephone. No thanks.

no shit. they plan to sell it for ~$150

This

Pinephone:
5.95 @ 1440×720
Allwinner A64 Quad Core SOC with Mali 400 MP2 GPU
2GB RAM
16GB eMMC
3000mAh battery
$150

Librem 5:
5.7 @ 1440x720
i.MX8M (Quad Core) max. 1.5GHz
3GB RAM
32 GB eMMC
3500mAh battery
$700

The Librem 5 will definitely have the better hardware, but neither will be good enough to really use as your main phone anyway.

I'll get the Pinephone to play around with and buy a Pinephone or Librem v2 if they come with twice the RAM and get a bit smaller.

It's a shame that thicc phone doesn't come with a matching battery.

Would buy it if it was

dude privacy lmao

>Allwinner
>Mali 400
As much as I like the PinePhone project and will likely get one (since I can't afford a Librem 5), let's not pretend that chinese crap SoC and GPU without usable FOSS drivers are decent. Librem 5 is still a better choice for a truly free phone, although PinePhone isn't bad and has a comparatively great price.

It's always been a joke. Anyone who couldn't see that is fucking blind. This is not news.

both are good enough to be a main

problem is, if you wanna get an uber, or an e-bike or whatever - you can't, so you may wanna carry an android phone around (which sort of obviates the purpose of having a privacy protecting one)

There is a difference between GNU/Linux and shit/Linux. Thats the reason this phone exists.

You can run Linux on Android in various ways like Termux and UserLAnd. There will be no Linux flagship phones for at least five years but containers are a thing.

Tou can have sex in various ways, like fisting yourself with a wine bottle while you sucking your dogs dick. There will be no real woman in your life, for at least ten years, but becoming a degenerate faggot is a thing.

You sound butthurt. Do containers hewt babby?

funny when I look at the site I can't find this screen shots that you guys keep passing around..

why are you shitting on the only phone that's willing to compete with android and iphone. it's like you enjoy being cucked by apple or google. is your cuckold fetish being threated?

>And probably come with even shittier specs, no thanks.
Lower specs are fine if you don't run something bloated af like Gnome

wasn't there another "libre" phone that costed $1300?

Fucking learn how to browse the internet you goddamn Redditor.
puri.sm/posts/purism-cto-presents-a-mobile-phone-that-respects-your-freedom-at-cccamp/

1) It's not the only phone competing with Android and iPhone, smartass. Take the Pinephone as an example. Or Huawei's HarmonyOS (I don't think privacy is one of Huawei's goals, I'm just listing it here anyway to prove you wrong further).
2) Oh okay yeah sure let's defend this horrendous-looking phone with horrendously outdated specs at a horrendously expensive price tag.
Yeah let's just fanboy instead and not call companies out on their bullshit. That seems like a great idea. Hail corporations!
Look, I want a privacy-respecting phone just as much as you do, but $700? For this? Come on. This isn't okay.
I support Purism's efforts to advance privacy, security, and freedom (and I really fucking hope their shit isn't just a honeypot), but there are other companies which are easily proving that you can make a product with similar goals and specs that's also actually somewhat decent to look at, at not even a quarter of the price. I'm talking about the Pinephone.
No, I am not a paid shill for them (PINE64). Sure, the specs of the Pinephone are even worse (slightly) than those of the Librem 5, but their price/value ratio is just waaay better, this is simply undeniable. And it doesn't look like a brick.

No idea which phone you're talking about.

Found it.
liliputing.com/2019/01/necunos-nc_1-is-an-expensive-open-source-phone-shaped-thing.html
Apparently it's not even a phone.

Jokes should be funny

>shit specs
>thicker than iphone 3Gs
>bu-but my privacy
>ok, sure, that will be 700$
LIBREM BTFO!

Attached: BTFO.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

based

>Allwinner A64 Quad Core SOC with Mali 400 MP2 GPU
Anyone knows how powerful is this SOC?

not very