Why does AMD have such a bad reputation? What's wrong with them?

Why does AMD have such a bad reputation? What's wrong with them?

Most tech youtubers are noticeably very hostile towards AMD. GN and even HU are shitting on them on an almost daily basis nowadays. Every week a new controvery is uncovered and they can't seem to catch a break.

I understand AMD has always been a dishonest company but why are they so incapable of improving their reputation? Can't they see preying on the constant supply of fresh fools is not a viable business model? Any sane person will only own a single AMD product at most in his lifetime, serving as a sober reminder to avoid the company which scammed them with their hot garbage. They have scammed people with Bulldozer and now they are doing the same tricks with Ryzen. The cycle repeats. I'm shocked AMD can get away with their constant frauds and still stay in business.

Or maybe the consumers are the problem who keep permitting these dishonest practices despite the press' best efforts to educate them?

Attached: if-you-buy-an-amd-cpuor-gpu-nstructc-youre-gonna-51055621.png (500x481, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgSoZAdk_E8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've used AMD for 10 years, I've never had a problem. bought a Ryzen as an upgrade runs pretty cool compared to the FX I was using before that

Nvidia marketing department is doing a grueling job these days I see.

When I built my first PC, that's all I heard from friends who were into computers: just avoid AMD; you'll have trouble. Then when you delve a little bit deeper it seems like a lot of online communities are full of people deeply committed to spreading the good word about AMD. At the same time those communities will have endless threads complaining about issues with said products, GPUs and CPUs alike. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try yourself.

>Why does AMD have such a bad reputation?
because they have a LONG history of under preforming and not delivering.

>GN and even HU are shitting on them
those guys both gave the Zen +/zen2 r5s a GLOWING review and told people to NOT buy i5s anymore.
if you think they are biased you are fucking retarded.
-one who suffered with the shit that is FX and AMDs GPU drivers for years.

>I've never had a problem
anyone who says they "haven't had a problem" with ANYTHING is a dirty liar.

Because they have a reputation as a budget operator. Which they are.
Problem is, a lot of people don't understand that "you get what you pay for" is not a hard and fast rule.

Yes, we have DOA/NQA warranties for a reason. Or find a friend with an AMD machine and ask their opinion.

I had a Water blocked HD5970 and many guys who had those Cards fried very quickly due to INSANE heat from that furnace.
but my water cooled HD5970 lasted for years and was in perfect condition when i Sold it in 2014.
drivers were shit from day 1 and were shit for its' entire life however.

I had a similar experience with my 290X hair dryer. I took no steps for extra cooling, though.
Only died sometime a few months ago (I hooked it up while the Vega I replaced it with was in the shop, and found it was dead, so nicked my mom's RX580 while she wasn't looking). I rarely have driver problems that aren't solved with a new version though - but I don't play OpenGL games.

so your 290x and vega died and you defend AMD?

youtube.com/watch?v=DgSoZAdk_E8

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Consumer Cope, intel has sold a lot more chips and therefore has a lot more blind fanboys.

Gotta love how pretty much all the AMD shilling on here stopped all of a sudden, must be the end of the work day in India.

The 290X was six years old, and I abused the shit out of it. It earned its rest.
My Vega 64 was taken by the shop NQA when I bitched about my twice-weekly crashes, sent to wherever to be fixed, came back eight days later (by courier to my house, no less), and has worked perfectly since.
My mom was also happy that the mysterious juddering that started in her Fakebook games the week before stopped equally mysteriously.

this generation of "pc enthusiasts" "grew-up" at around 2009-2015 when *ntel absolutely dominated

dead 290x after 6 years
dead Vega after 1 year
Nigger, my GTX 480 is still being used by my sister's kids and that shit is like 9 years ago.

Carbon dioxide filling my fucking room when back in 2012-2015 because it's heats up my room and I lived in tropical place

you must have shit air flow and those kids must not be stressing the fermi furnace

Not sure what you're trying to say with that.
My old HD5670 from 2010 still works fine.
Electronics is always a lottery and you never know how long each piece will last.
That is, unless there's a well known defect in the entire line like Nvidia had with the Bumpgate. I still remember baking my GT8700 in the oven to reflow the traces.

>you must have shit air flow
>those kids must not be stressing the fermi furnace
Nigger, did you even read your comment?

your good graphics cards died and your shit card known for dying early hasn't died. what is there to understand

>"anyone who says they "haven't had a problem" with ANYTHING is a dirty liar."
no they just dont buy bad products like you faggot

Good for you. I'm glad your card has lasted so far into obsolescence.

ITT: assblasted intel & nvidia shills