C just cost me an hour by randomly deleting a number from my array without telling me about it...

C just cost me an hour by randomly deleting a number from my array without telling me about it. I get it I was assigning a lot of other numbers and you ran out of memory but JFC I dont wanna deal with this nigger shit when programming.

C hate Thread

Attached: C.jpg (1024x701, 85K)

lrn2program

Shouldn't you have made a git commit dozens of minutes earlier?

It's just a dumbass school assignment, I thought my matrix math was wrong so i debugged that but it turns out C just niggered me

I don't understand. What was the problem???

Sounds like he randomly inserted numbers into an array without bound checks, expecting C to do memory management for him, and ran into some undefined behavior

C is fine OP you just don't have a good grasp of it. People develop actual real world critical shit with C and you think it's not good enough for your homework? lmao

I love how he wants C to tell him about it.

>C hate Thread
why would we hate on something that only you struggle to understand? C is fine, you just need to learn more about using it.
yeah that is pretty adorable.

post buggy ass code

>blames the language for his own idiocy
There are many good reasons to hate C. This is not one of them.

>this is the same person constantly spamming meme languages because "C is outdated and stuhpid".

USER ERROR.

If you are retarded use GNU Octave and if you are retarded and someone else is paying MATLAB.

Post the program nigger, we'll be the judges.

>ran oom
get more ram

>use
The point is to program a C implementation from scratch.

install rust

pretty sure your coding is just niggerlicious. Ever considered that?

Are you having a stroke?

god i wish

Ok guys im back, OP here.

The problem was one double in my array of a thousand doubles was reset to 0 when i manipulated another array of 1000 doubles setting all those values to 0 using a for loop. I can't even reproduce this now that I fixed it. Why can't C just check if you're nearing maximum memory and warn you. I just tried the code adding the bug back in but it doesn't happen again because I switched from my shitty laptop to my better gaming rig.

Either way I can't believe Cucks like dealing with problems like this where things break sporadically.

>he problem was one double in my array of a thousand doubles was reset to 0 when i manipulated another array of 1000 doubles setting all those values to 0 using a for loop.
Nope, that literally can't happen.
And if it did it would be an enormous bug in your C compiler or hardware.
Manipulating one array can't lead to manipulation of another array as long as you do not fuck up enormously and make incorrect bound checks.

>Why can't C just check if you're nearing maximum memory and warn you.
It does.
Malloc will signal an error if you try to allocate an array that doesn't fit into memory.

>Either way I can't believe Cucks like dealing with problems like this
Because they do not exist, this was your retardation.

C is a language that relies on the programmer being better than all programmers who work on standard libraries for c++, rust, java, etc... and doiing everything perfectly. I think you should learn javascript or python if this is a hobby.

>Manipulating one array can't lead to manipulation of another array as long as you do not fuck up enormously and make incorrect bound checks.

I promise to god that exact thing happened, I had one print statement before and one after the loop and one gave 0 one gave 1.

It's entirely possible that he wrote overlapping memory, especially if he chose double[][] sort of matrices.