>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$350 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: coffee maker pc case.jpg (3585x2510, 939K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AMDRyzen/status/1168901636162539536
pcpartpicker.com/list/hWbFWD
pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php
servethehome.com/geekbench-4-2p-amd-epyc-7742-sets-world-record/
tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-10.html
fool.com/investing/2019/07/06/nvidias-super-gpus-wont-boost-its-gaming-revenue.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>3950X or wait for threadripper
boys I'm dying

Do you need more than 16 cores?

Wait.

You don't need more than 16 cores?
3950x or 3900x.

Wait is for both.

3950X WHEN

Gonna build my gf a Gfx design workstation so she can do her freelance work in a more time effective way.

Any recommendo’s I already have a r2600x rx580 build. What do

twitter.com/AMDRyzen/status/1168901636162539536

Attached: EDjF1zmXYAABTYU.jpg:large.jpg (1024x512, 87K)

neat
how many pcie lanes do you need?

Attached: ˃his case doesn't have an espresso machine.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

REMIBNDER: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases.
The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

Attached: d927eff6c22ae8a5a800ccb25538fb06.jpg (1600x797, 238K)

Nah, I'll just wait until someone makes a good 5700xt

Alright guys I ordered the build I posted yesterday with your suggestions fixed. Thanks for all the help.

How did I do?

pcpartpicker.com/list/hWbFWD

Attached: 0.png (1037x1057, 188K)

doesn't matter, reviews already were under lower boost clocks
if AMD giving free performance, again, good news I guess

>970 was $330
ah, those were the days

Well memed my friend.

msi will release this bios update Q3 2022

second week on pulse here
pretty great, and even quieter than asus strix 1070

What software? pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php
Go from there

Wait for Theadripper. It likely has more cache on its 16 core.
Wrong.

AMD is going to get sued for this even though they provide a patch but intel won't be for performance regressions from their updates because only clock speed matters to retards. kek.

Yes. "mid-range" cards have always been $300-$450. Nothing changed other than Nvidia making high end go from $700-$1000 to $1200 and adding a useless card no one should buy at $700-$800 instead.
And "low end" is better than ever. $130 in the past got you a shitty 750TI that was only good for 720p. Now it gets you a 570 that's good for 1080p gaming

>$200 water cooler for a non-k Intel chip
Gotta be more subtle than that. Try harder next time, I believe in you.

>AMD is going to get sued for this
nope, because performance wasn't lied about
reviews didn't lie. no grounds for case.

>tfw brainlet and don't understand what makes a monitor good.
I'm looking for a 120/144hz 1440p monitor for gaming $350 or less.

>how many pcie lanes do you need?
1 gpu and 3 m.2 nvme drives (/, /home, and scratch) which would already saturate a ryzen build

Decide what's important to you.

Accurate colors and viewing angles
Decent colors but better black levels and contrast ratio
Fast but meh colors and bad viewing angles

IPS
VA
TN

TN is cheapest
VA is usually the next most expensive
IPS is usually the most expensive

that part was actually taken from a build posted here in earnest

Right now I think I have a TN 1080p monitor because the viewing angle is awful. Can't even lean back in my chair sometimes. Having a better angle would be nice.

Do you guys think the AIB 5700xt supply issue will be fixed by this month or the problem will stay for another couple of months?

>nope, because performance wasn't lied about
>reviews didn't lie
That's just the thing, though. People are retarded and think clockspeed=performance and that that is some lie.
You can convince a dumb jury that it's false advertising even though it's been the standard way to advertise GPU clock speeds for years now.

nixeus 27edg v2.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least 5 or 6 more weeks. The waffer supply chain is a pretty slow process.

I'd say by the end of the month it should be pretty easy to get the high tier aibs
when big navi releases we'll probably go through the same thing again

Looking for a SFF case
So far I like the Fractal Node 202 and the Louqe Ghost S1 but they are very hard to find

Looks like (at least according to US newegg pricing) your options are the Samsung C27JG50 (VA panel), or the Acer vg271up (IPS panel)

Of the two, i'd get the Acer because it supports freesync adaptive sync, and the Samsung doesn't.

thermaltake v1 (smaller) and v21 (bigger, supports fullzie gpus and coolers)
coolermaster h100

these are my favorites

Just stop. Prices will never get better due to sharply rising costs of designing and bringing GPUs to market (a stagnant and relatively small market).
5700/XT and the 480/470 are mid range cards with a similar die size. 5700/XT are a lot more expensive (because of 7nm being much more expensive to design for, GDDR6, AMD wanting bigger margins).

every reviewer better re-do all of their zen 2 benchmarks again

tee hee

>GTX 560 and and HD 7970 are the same die size and therefore should have cost the same
>Die size is literally the only thing that matters for a graphics card's cost
Reminder to report this spamming troll.

lmao those cases aren't small.
Silverstone has a 202 style case that's slightly larger and easier to route cables on and has better airflow.

>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
Please explain

Attached: Kpfkj7W1_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13K)

On the Nvidia side, Turing cards are fucking massive at every tier looking at due sizes historically. Also has GDDR6. The problem is that Turing just isn’t impressive in perf/mm^2.

it's a weird shillposter we have who insists people should buy SATA ssds over nvme and who also makes a really big deal about QLC

Is Logical Increments a decent site to know, or at least, to give you an idea on making a build?

it's alright.

yes and no. they're a fine place to get a start and to know what is out there, and their builds are pretty good all around. nobody does what they're doing better. but ultimately they will not do a build perfectly to what you want to do, and I would say almost nobody would be best off by simply using one of their builds instead of changing a few things to suit their needs.

They tend to get you to spend more on unnecessary parts. Do more research and you can save 100-200 for the same performance.

They will with the 3950X launch. Though a lot of shit outlets are going to reuse old results without Intel security patches and without updated BIOS for the older chips.
Like on Zen+ launch, some outlets showed a ~15% gain while others only around 5-7%. That's because just updating BIOS for the Ryzen 1000 chips gave around a 7% boost in games.

Hopefully they have the fucking FCLK Auto issue fixed by the time 3950X launches. That's the big performance robber right now.

>it's a weird shillposter we have who insists people should buy SATA ssds over nvme
No one has been saying this, gaslighter.
Ignore the troll. It means exactly what it says.

Intards BTFO

on reddit they're celebrating that their favorite autist youtubers caused this even though it has to have been in the pipeline for ages, it's not like one weekend is going to get amd to suddenly decide to identify a problem, do sweeping optimizations, and ship a new bios
all the youtubers did is to get them to make this tweet mentioning the community instead of just releasing it and saying performance increases

Is Acer VG271U good?
I'm planning to get a 144hz qhd ips monitor soon.

5700 or XT for 1080/60?

Bruh

Are they going to fix the voltage and heating issues?
They are sort of okay now but I fear they might fuck things up if they go batshit

what

Idk about that.
AMD was only loosely aware of the FCLK Auto issue prior to Zen2 launch.

People suspected it, but Zen/+ boards never had a manual FCLK BIOS option to test it.

590 if the $170/$180 sale is still going on.
Don't get a 5700 for 1080/60 wtf. Waste of money.

Are you trolling or genuinely concerned? Because those issues don't exist.

a 590 is a marginal upgrade over my 1060, I'm looking for a gpu that will last at this res/hz for a good while, how is it a waste of money just because it's overkill at the moment?

The chip can still run hot around upper 30s and 40s in idle/small workloads because the voltage spikes. It's all within margin but it's still something that can be fixed

>HUR DUR WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BEETWEEN TDIE AND TJUNCTION IM RETARDED
>>>/sqt/

You seem awfully mad For no reason at all

I bet you actually have no real knowledge of what the difference is and are just parroting something you saw on youtube or some random article, you will forget in a month or two and if asked would be able to say nothing of substance

just a guess though, tee hee

servethehome.com/geekbench-4-2p-amd-epyc-7742-sets-world-record/

I have a standard 60hz monitor and a GTX1060.
I like to limit my FPS to 60 whenever possible but I have some weird issues with it.
If I limit FPS to 60 w/ RivaTuner or in-game using console (if available) or just via options, I get some random weird FPS drops for a second or two.
What's weird about them is that FPS monitoring software or in-game monitoring doesn't show any FPS drops but I can certainly feel it drop to like 40 or something.
Thing is, this only happens with VSYNC OFF.
I feel like this just started happening one day for no apparent reason. Any idea what can cause such behavior?

how do I get reasonably priced components in the UK, these exchange rates and taxes are fucking retarded

not possible, when I lived in the UK I would get people visiting me from NA to bring over parts because prices are so much better in the USA

that you're shitting up the thread with off topic questions which stem from your shitty lack of understanding and inability to use google is a perfectly good reason.

How? Geekbench on Windows heavily favors Intel.

is that not explained in the paste in the OP?
It should be added.

In order to have little-to-no microstutters and tearing without adaptive sync you must:
>Run the game at 2x the framerate (ie 120fps on a 60hz monitor, though around +80% can be sufficient to not see many micrstutters and eliminate tearing)
>Enable fast sync (Nvidia) or enhanced sync (AMD)
>Disable VSync and frame buffering, as these add 30-100ms of input latency depending on the game

Vsync and frame buffering off gives you tearing and microstutters, even at 144fps on a 144hz screen, it's a simple physical fact of the technologies despite what the lying Nvidia shills used to say. The same is true with 60fps on a 60hz screen, just even worse as tears and stutter frames last longer.

Ah you're AMD schizo

I feel bad for you

>Don't use Speccy
Why not?

just dont

Friend of mien is willing to sell me his slightly used 2060 for $250ish, is that a good bargain? Upgrading from a GTX 760 so I was curious

speccy is outdated garbage.

fine deal, nothing outrageous, about as good as you can get especially since you can trust the seller (I assume)

Help me out guis. Need to help a buddy out, needs a new mobo/cpu/ram config for under $500 with best bang for your buck. The rest of the hardware needed will be reused from old pc. (128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, disk drive, 1050ti ssc and 550w evga bronze ps)

QLC under constant use slow down.
As the drive reaches capacity it can also slow down to SATA levels and even below HDD speeds if you’re that close to the edge.
With that being said, I don’t know why you would be using a QLC SSD for mass storage when HDDs have vastly superior cost to GB.

Updated the pcbg-more link with that and updated storage information.

It's okay but I'm guessing you're on 1080p@60 so that's overkill and you should just get a rx570 for half as much.
So unless you're also willing to buy a new monitor, then no it's a waste of money. Hell you could get a RX580 AND a new 1920x1200@75 IPS monitor for $250, to illustrate just how poor value that is when you're still on 1080p@60.

I'm pretty certain the guy who posts that every thread is the same guy who spams
>what RAM to get?
>IPS or TN?
and other mundane, low effort questions that are guaranteed to bait replies in order to fill the thread up with garbage.
At least the
>IPS or TN?
spammer is a confirmed ban evader. He's a severely mentally ill tripfag who is upset that Jow Forums hates him so he takes his anger out by shitting up a few threads.
Just don't even reply to that shit.

Notice it also came right after this post from the ban evader next time don't buy a poor value GPU like the 1050ti. Could have gotten a 470/570 for the same price and still been fine.
Best cpu/ram/board for under $500 is 3600+cheapest x570+2x8GB 3200cl16 crucial ballstix sport.
Overkill for the 1050ti, but gives room to upgrade to a 5700xt or 2070 super and a 144hz monitor.

Do not buy ASrock and Gigabyte boards. Quality control between the two brands is simply too poor to justify the minor price differences between an ASUS or MSI board.
Do not buy Gigabyte GPUs, the fan bearings are of low quality and will fail soon after the warranty expires and even before then if using an aggressive fan curve.
Blower style reference cards should be avoided, with very few acceptable cases such as the 5700 vanilla.
Avoid Corsair PSUs, they are simply rebrands of other OEMs from other manufacturers, with their good PSUs literally being Seasonic anyways.
Unless if you can justify hoarding massive amounts of data on the cheap, don’t buy a HDD over an SSD. If you do, avoid Seagates.
Avoid Kingston SSDs they’re notoriously prone to failure. QLCs such as Intel’s 660p should not be used a boot drive due to massive performance losses when under constant use. They are however acceptable as storage.
There are only 3 ram manufacturers, Micron, SKHynix and Samsung, everyone else just puts heat spreaders and RGB just buy whatever’s the cheapest at the speeds you’re looking for. Performance gains is most notable between 2666mhz to 3000mhz and 3000mhz to 3200mhz is minimal at best.

gigabyte makes the best x570 boards and is the only brand consistently releasing good bios updates
msi x570 boards are complete garbage

did I make a mistake in buying the asus tough gaming x570?

Attached: efeb79_6223526.jpg (1200x1200, 152K)

nah, asus makes solid stuff it's just a bit more expensive in general and compared to the gigabyte x570 boards isn't quite as good

gigabyte usually doesn't make great motherboards, they went all in on x570 for some reason

>As the drive reaches capacity it can also slow down to SATA levels and even below HDD speeds
Is this another 320 kbps mp3s will lose the quality over time pasta?

Just a heads up to all the taichi x570 future owners or people considering buying them.
I have 2080s msi gaming x trio on taichi and it's right above the mobo fan. When testing the gpu the SB temp gets up to 85 deg celzius while the gpu is max 75. Making the gpu fans work harder, reduces the sb temperature as well while SB fan rpm makes no difference when the GPU is over 70 deg celzius.
I've been thinking of getting a riser cable/pcie extension cable and moving the card a slot downwards to free the SB fan, or even considered vertical mounting but with added fan on the side that would blow air directly into the gpu. During games I haven't noticed problems (1080p/1440p) but on 4k card gets hot (70deg+) and hence the SB. Taichi did say max temp is 105, but expect high temps with big gpus or move them to other PCI-e slot, it's supposed to have almost no effect on the GPU speed.

Asrock is just fine. I'll still buy Asus, but I've had too many quality control problems with them to blindly recommend them. Not only have they skimped on specs in the past, but I also distinctly remember them releasing a bad UEFI update for the x370 Prime that ended up frying boards.

Seems like Gigabyte has at least two or three hardware revisions for all of their products, and has even been documented to swap in cheaper parts on later revisions. Again, I've had too much of a history to recommend Gigabyte, and it's going to take a while for me to ever trust their products again.

Why would you say that? Do you have a reason? Their TUF board looks nice, and if I was going to do it all over again, I'd buy that over the x470 Taichi. I just wanted to wait until everything got sorted out with Zen2 before I even remotely started buying any of it.

First
>SLI in 2019

Second
That's half the reason why I bought x470 over x570--I'm just waiting for the boards without a chipset fan. I'm not taking my chances with those.
That

You're doing God's work, anons.

>AMD is going to get sued for this

>advertise cores that aren't cores
>get sued
>advertise clocks that aren't widely possible
>get sued
>b-b-b-b-but intel

>"mid-range" cards have always been $300-$450.
If you're including X60, they've been $200-$350
His comment referred to an X70 selling for $350, while the current X70 sells for $500.

>$130 in the past got you a shitty 750TI that was only good for 720p.
The 750Ti was extremely popular for 1080p.
tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-10.html
More bullshit "memories" from our favorite resident schizo.

>nixeus 27edg v2.
Extremely slow response times for an IPS, otherwise worth looking at because of its adaptive overdrive if you've got an an AMD card.

Other options are the VIOTEK GFT27DB (TN) or the MSI OPTIX MAG271CQR (VA)

>Prices will never get better due to sharply rising costs of designing and bringing GPUs to market
False on both counts, and Nvidia shareholder have already questioned Nvidia on sharply declining gaming revenue because people just aren't upgrading to Turing. They'll drop pricing for more revenue if no one buys
>NVIDIA is upgrading its RTX cards because it desperately needs its gaming GPU sales, which were throttled by the bursting of the cryptocurrency mining bubble and longer upgrade cycles, to accelerate again. Its gaming GPU revenue rose 11% sequentially last quarter, but still fell 39% annually and accounted for nearly half of its top line.
fool.com/investing/2019/07/06/nvidias-super-gpus-wont-boost-its-gaming-revenue.aspx

Cheapo 144hz monitors:

AOC G2460 (TN, flat)
vs
AOC C24G1 (VA, curved)
vs
Something else?

who said anything about sli? I have only one card on the 4xpci slot.
I was torn between x470 and x570 taichi, but didn't want to risk it when going for 3900x and in the long run, the only thing that bothers me is the fan which I will sort out either by moving the gpu or leaving it as is, didn't notice any problems currently except when benchmarking and I don't play in 4k.

based

Reminder to report anyone using the terms psyops, spamming, ban evading, FAKE, false flagging, sockpuppeting, or gaslighting. Any other schizophrenic terms I'm forgetting?

>Ignore the troll. It means exactly what it says.
He asked why, shithead. Your word means less than nothing, so it's a reasonable question.

>590 or Vega
>still recommending garbage because it's AMD garbage
Neither one is worthwhile for many reasons including relative performance, price/perf, power consumption, and inconsistent performance (Vega), and lack of features.

>I have 2080s

I know you schizo posters must all recognize each other but to the rest of us it's almost like you're the same person

i paid $232 for my 32 gb of crucial ballistix elite 3600mhz ram

Attached: firefox_2019-09-03_13-52-19.png (1108x230, 86K)

Is 2600X still good for 1080p gaming?

There's this card called "GeForce RTX 2080 Super", you might have heard of it.

No. As a general idea of how things work, SSDs are fast and last a long time because they can wear-level their memory cells and read/write to many cells at the same time. As the SSD gets full there's less room for parallelism (can't write to space which is already full, obviously) and the SSD's wear leveling/garbage collection also cannot do such a good job, so it slows down. It's recommended to always leave a decent amount of free space on any SSD, both for performance but also for endurance since the wear leveling works better.

yea don't bother upgrading until the last generation of am4

>the SSD's wear leveling/garbage collection also cannot do such a good job, so it slows down
by like 0.05% bruv

2080s is 2080 super shortened

I have a couple of questions:
>What's the best mid-range mobo+RAM for R5 2600 in poortugal? Bonus points if it has wi-fi built in.
>Is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX case overkill for a mid tier build?

I don't think you know what schizo means. Some guy constantly posting about boogeymen is definitely schizophrenic, and there's only one poster like that in this thread. Next time come up with better a better burn

>AOC C24G1 (VA, curved)
you really want to enjoy that ghosting and black smearing huh?

Attached: Get a VA they said.webm (640x480, 2.39M)

to the guy who keeps posting the pasta about kotor witcher vampyr sacrifice etc

i'm getting my 5700xt tomorrow, i'll try to bench all the games i said i will try (ie all of the list minus quantum break because i couldn't be bothered to download such a big ass game)
expect the results by the end of this week

My friend is recommending me the Lenovo Legion y740 with RTX 2080, how much money would it be to buy a superior system with desktop?

what am i supposed to look at?
legit asking

isn't there an overdrive option to mitigate the ghosting?

why is phoronix the best hardware website now
what happened to all the sites that used to be good, is it true youtube killed them

Is there a list of the performance of super cards based on manufacturer? trying to decide which version i wait for a month to get.

I realize the recording quality is shit, but you should see that the metal detector posts, smear/blur/trail like mad when moving, increasing it width by about 4-5times.