New PC Frozing, then rebooting

I've boughtMSI x570 GAMING PLUS with Ryzen 7 3700x and even when i idle and for example i try to install some drivers, it sometimes (or specifically frozes at one driver). I've updated the bios to the 2.0 version (havent tried beta yet, i dont think it will help either), sooo, am i stuck now until they will relase new bios (they are going to), maybe windows hotfix or smth, or is it repairable?

I'll provide clock speeds, cause i think they are quite high too, bios stock settings btw and pbo enabled because turning it off didnt help

Attached: Przechwytywanie.png (478x672, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=56485
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>MSI

Attached: AE758525-4AD7-43C7-8D05-2452EE4DBEE1.jpg (552x310, 21K)

reinstall windows

Hey, atleast it's not Gigabyte.

I doubt it is a windows thing, the pc runs smoothly, but it is just sometimes rebooting
And i have newest windows updates

Is your windows install fresh for this machine or from an old one?

Freshly installed, never installed on that drive and i believe it was cd, it wasnt installed by me

Motherboard is grounded. Try reseating it.

you should try running HCI memtest

What do you mean by freezing? Does the entire computer lock up and become completely unresponsive (i.e not even the keyboard light will go on when you press capslock)?

I had such a problem once, it was caused by incorrect memory timings in the BIOS. It was a high-end ASUS board which had some kind of memory timing shit unique to that board which I didn't know about and for some reason it defaulted to an incorrect setting.

The freezes would happen completely at random no matter what the PC was doing, even at idle.

I want to add that before I figured out the problem I ran memtest and funny enough it froze during the test. I figured the memory was bad so I swapped it, but the system still kept freezing.

Only after I changed that hidden setting did the system become stable, it never froze again.

So yea, check your memory setup if you're PC is freezing.

Memtest showed nothing and it just freezes after i open something which i think strain the cpu in certain way. The cursor first starts to lag and in a few seconds it stops, i can't do anything, the keyboard is lighted up and after that the screen goes black and it reboots

unironically

I had the exact same thing happening with my windows when I was looking for some good memory overclocks (which obviously requires some trial and error)

so yes, your windows might indeed be corrupted. even if you didn't touch the ram at all, your installation might still have been corrupted somewhere down the line (I heard some other people corrupting their w10 installation on an m.2, from unstable release bios, not sure how relevant this is to you)

go to
microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
and get an 8gb thumb drive ready.
than get
microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=56485
and go trough the application steps to format that thumb drive with the freshly downloaded w10 iso.

I remember Macbooks would get significant mouse lag when it started throttling the CPU. If it's not your RAM or Windows it might be CPU related. If it only shuts down when doing something maybe the CPU is having problems getting enough power (this usually causes the system to shut down, same if the GPU doesn't get the power it needs).

Check the extra power connectors on the mobo that feed the CPU VRM, maybe try down-clocking the CPU itself etc.

I'll do a windows reinstallation ultimately and as i mentioned earlier, it does reboot even when i idle, it is frickin 8 core, should it be overloaded when i open browser? xD

anything, even small tasks like opening a simple program, can put the CPU into boost mode where it will try to use a high frequency in order to speed up whatever you're doing.

it just sounds like your setup is incorrect somehow, causing instability, but i guess just reinstall windows so that you can rule out software being the problem.

like already said multiply times in this thread, if windows is corrupted, yes it randomly reboots even if all your hardware works flawlessly otherwise

Reboost then frozze, for a nice beverage

> bios
doubt it has anything to do with your issue and should always be left alone before you attempt to diagnose anything.
>but it is just sometimes rebooting
leave your machine on without booting windows for a while and see if it crashes and reboots on you. if it does, it's a hardware problem. if it doesn't, it's windows.

My Intcel machine just werks, let that sink in

>MSI x570
You fucked up by both getting the flawed x570 chipset and buy buying MSI. Their x570 are overpriced trash even by typical MSI standards.

>if windows is corrupted, yes it randomly reboots
windows doesn't just "randomly reboot" if its corrupted. any modern computer will do that on their own if there's a hardware fault, mainly to protect itself. windows will BSOD or freeze. worst case is that it dies during startup if the corruption hits its boot loader. also, the "others" you refer to are fucking retards.
t. faggot that's been fixing PC hardware since 1995

did you even read the thread you fucking retard? it was said that early x570 bioses were causing windows corruption. this dosen't mean any hardware is broken at all