90s primitive tech still cost $140 in 2020

>90s primitive tech still cost $140 in 2020
What the FUCK Texas Instruments?

Attached: F61606BB-A835-4FA8-9C34-98DEDE3C6333.jpg (2124x2993, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.mathlab.android
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Math hasn't changed, since ever.

because they can?

What does that have to do with price?

It's peak calculator. Graphing calculators are a niche item. No one outside of school, and some careers, need or use anything beyond a basic arithmetic calculator. Find a used one on craigslist or something. The only thing improved in the last 20 years was the ability to cheat with them.

>backlit display
Damn zoomers have it easy these days

Buy a used one unless you really want to play super mario in class

>What the FUCK Texas Instruments?
here's why

Attached: thisiswhy.png (178x195, 58K)

>not getting one when they were on sale for $99 at Target a couple weeks ago
kek

how much does your mom charge for a blow job now, compared to 1995?

I know I always wished I could use my graphing calculator in the dark.
Trying to use a graphing calculator on these is idiotic. You'd be better off just taking a coffee break in the middle of the math portion if you wanted to waste time.

Attached: yes.png (807x711, 1015K)

Same as yours, $1.25, sir.

Is there anything a real physical calculator does that an app cannot replace?
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.mathlab.android

Won't be using that shit on tests. Like I said, it's a niche item mostly for students.

So it's basically just a scheme?
Students have to buy those things because it's regulation, even though an app can already replace them?

thats because of 'higher education' scam. they allow it into official testing, then sell it to people with student loans for retarded prices.

Yes, but also because it's easier to cheat with a phone than it is with a calculator. test centers and schools don't want to deal with that shit and education board wants their money.

back in my day we had block dude

Attached: cover-256.png (360x256, 7K)

Restricting internet access and photo taking.

>So it's basically just a scheme?
No, you could use a slide ruler and graph paper. It would just take a lot longer.

>Just getting the $99 one without a backlight and just using a lamp

physical buttons.

this

No, the $140 TI-84+CE was on sale for $99

Yes, it's a racket. If you can lobby to make something mandatory without securing it as a right, then you can charge whatever you want because what are those fucking idiots gonna do, not buy it and fail? It's the same reason the Adobe suite and Max/Maya are so outrageously priced.

Smartphone screens are so convenient though. Who doesn't like to break up the calculations with some targeted ads? I mean, how could anyone even think about using a purpose built machine?

buy the nspire CAS if you are allowed to use it. so much better

all I wanted was an updated v200, got the newest CAS and I really don't like it as much

holy based

Isn't that the calculator that takes 2 minutes to boot?

>primitive
my dude you can magic with one of those calcs

>yfw you can buy a graphics card with a million times more computing power for that price

Casio is way cheaper and better

TI has an artificial monopoly due to academia mandating them

Imagine being too stupid to block ads on a smartphone, and feeling smugly superior about being that stupid. Truly astonishing.

not him but no, it's instant unless it's in deep sleep

It's more because math books have instructions for these calculators. Same thing as why MATLAB is still a thing.

>Imagine using software that incorporates ads
>Imagine feeling smug about impotently playing whack-a-mole with said ads
What a world we live in!

not true, I wrote programs in TiBasic to automate every problem, I just punched in the type(e.g. "quad" to solve a quadratic equation), and I got a 790 on math. these things should be banned