STEALTH CAMOUFLAGE

Canadian camouflage producers hyperstealth biotechnology corp has gone public with their stealth camouflage light bending "invisibility" material. Your thoughts?

vimeo.com/356962949?fbclid=IwAR3XhtUNf8Yq3j6BPRo-ZdozvLcIzMKmyw22JuHQoEGDlKvVswvIIgmbk0Y

Attached: HBC-Quantum-Stealth-sniper-cover-4c_small.jpg (450x600, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/356962949
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool technology. I'm afraid it might have some drawbacks that the video doesn't show, though.

Well if you watch more than 3 minutes youll see that yes, there are a few issues.

I mean even more than what the video shows, like the material being very brittle, costly or very detectable in some other way.

Its cheap, flexible, and blocks thermal and night vision.

holy fucking shit

Looks like it's basically thin sheets of big lenses. Version 4 and 5 show what it would look like as small lenses and all the rest are scaled up.

>20 second demo
>5 minute logo and "quantum" bullshit
dumb north americans

Nice vfx

Cool. Obviously it needs work but yeah hes on to it

You think she's naked under there?

duh

wat

Attached: 7c3.jpg (400x400, 24K)

it's a lenticular lense that is made a bit special, you monitor/tv has one inside of it and it does much of what this does, or at least what version 1 does. hell, the one I have had a middle deadzone where I can obscure my whole hand, its actually kind of cool if you have a sheet of it to dick around with.

doesn't need much, what its for is observing not necessarily hiding, if he could make it 1 way that would be amazing.

It looks a bit shit. We has privacy screens you overly over a monitor that are just as effective

>they invented a green screen
watch as gullible retards actually give them money for this.

You can't see from behind it so what's the point?

If you were a super a class elite sniper like me you could take the shot from behind the screen using a remote video link to aim.
Pretty obvious to me, but I dont expect you to know this.

Fuck your facebook link.

vimeo.com/356962949

No surprise here this has been an idea for a very long time, cool to see though.

dude

>someone invents INVISIBILITY
>Jow Forums is unimpressed

How the fuck does it get worse with each version? By 13 it's basically useless.

>>someone invents """"INVISIBILITY""""
>>Jow Forums is unimpressed

Just a little bit bigger and then it will be impressive, at least to hide the tranny's face.

>they show the most impressive examples first, since that will impact first impressions, while leaving the shittier examples at the end, where fewer people will get to
this surprises you?

Yes, because that's supposedly the iteration number, so the iteration 1-2 was better than 13?

What a neat little party trick

It's marketing material. Looking for truth in marketing is folly.

This is literally shower glass with slanted panes embedded whos reflections in theory feed off of each other. Its not bending light or any such shit.

Ghost in the Shell here we gooooo

Yeah lits just mount this 80 foot pane on a 30 foot selfie stick on the side of our tanks to be somewhat invisible. 0 problems whatsoever

They need to make a more advanced version that only works when you're naked.

Cool iMovie

it's shit.
>>flexible
sure the material itself is flexible, but it won't be invisible if bent into the wrong shape. There must also be some standoff from the material and the object being hidden. And if it blocks night vision then it ain't invisible with night vision.
hardly.

These guys were the first people to make digital camo patterns (CADPAT). They've been hired to apply camo to jet fighters.

Attached: 1558883216627.png (724x240, 61K)

Attached: 1564910667618.png (717x960, 944K)

Designing a fabric pattern qualifies them to develop novel sci-fi optical systems? I think not.

Slovakian Digital Thunder

Attached: 1560533391805.png (524x350, 156K)

the idea is that they're an established company with all the ties for military supply logistics.

>Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.
>nonsense scripts out the ass on the main site
Vimeo is getting worse every year.

Established companies jumping the shark with some wacky shit the owner/CEO is misguidedly enthusiastic about is not exactly uncommon.

Pic related. A well respected replica revolver company jumped the shark by trying to manufacture and market this heap of shit that the owner was very passionate about. Worst handgun ever made. Inconceivably bad; you have to put your finger in front of the barrel to cock it ffs. Let me reiterate, before they came out with this pile of dogshit, they were well regarded for replica revolvers. A totally reasonable established company went batshit out of nowhere.

Attached: zip-1.jpg (700x453, 70K)

yeah but no one wanted that gun and it wasn't even a good idea in theory

One of the 3 functional figther jets in Slovak air force.

That's my point. USAF was an established company then out of the blue one day they went schizo. That's something that happens sometimes.

So a company with an established history of producing fabric patterns one day decides they're going to make lenticular lenses to make people invisible, an idea that only makes sense if you don't think about it very hard or for very long. Saying
>well they're an established company, so they're not insane
doesn't really hold water. They may very well be going down some insane path that will never achieve commercial success for any number of reasons.

One of the professors at my department is researching something similar, but it isn't (or at least wasn't) nearly as good as this. I don't know too much about it, as it isn't related to my field, but it had to do with negative refractive indices, and was only really "stable" at the scale of a hairstraw. Last i heard of this was in 2017, with this company making large claims in 2012.
So basically, this is likely the works of some crank.

The worst part is that maybe the idea wasn't even the worst thing. An exceptionally cheap and mechanically safe handgun to use as the basis of some modular plinking toys? Kind of neat. But they executed on it in an absurd fashion. The fucking bolt is made out of plastic in a straight blowback mechanism with zero room for overshoot, it's fucked on the inside long before you worry about the ergonomics or unsafe charging method.

I think the only rational explanation is mental illness. Owner went insane and nobody at the company had the power to stop him from ruining the company. Imagine if Terry Davis owned the company you work for outright, a perfectly normal and competent dude, until one day he snaps and orders you to make TempleOS so he can worship god with it.

Attached: b6fcb9262a6e5b249ad88c94a1e782ac9c095ee3b476876a7e706753c2f4df8c.png (990x1271, 653K)

>someone posts a i3 desktop with a purple background
>WOAH this is a breakthrough!!!

>Stealth
>you can clearly see the girl and the optical distortions

its a green piece of card then "video editor" chill

Attached: 39f1se.jpg (500x531, 73K)

>i3
>desktop
user, i...

Its not perfect, but its kind of cool. I can imagine that deer hunters could benefit from this as animals vision sucks as it is.

>lenticular lense
really makes you think

I think he could have done a demonstration in a forest area and it would have been more impressive. It would be nearly unnoticeable up in a tree

It won't hide your scent, sweaty

I can clearly see the plane duh

Probably just trying to impress dumb investors

Whoever edited that video should be have its hands amputated

this is incredibly similar to the filter material i took apart from an led tv lmao i dont see how this will be used as camo when the object needs to be at a certain focal point away from the material but still cool i guess