[removed]

[removed]

Attached: reddit.jpg (582x437, 23K)

this comment has been removed by a moderator

go back there

[+] [deleted] 4 hours ago* (10 children)

lol checked.

Can't wait to upvote this on Jow Forums4chan

Attached: check em.png (375x626, 207K)

good stuff, posted it in 4chans discord server

You hear this a lot: "A thread died for this." While accurate, this phrase generally carries no weight. But just this once, if you would do me a favor and hear me out, it would do all of us a lot of good.

A. Thread. Died. For this. You woke up this morning, poured yourself a bowl of Faggot Flakes, moistened them with your impotent Faggot prostate milk (which IS in fact impotent, because you're a fucking faggot) and, within seconds, decided that today of all days would be the time you decide to cut your synapse firing quota by just a little too much.

So you hopped online, carved out this uninspired chicken scratch, probably failed the captcha once for every strand of peach fuzz on your half-empty sack, and clicked Submit.

At that moment, a thread died. A thread that could have been bumped. A thread that could have been resurrected with content, or valuable discourse between its denizens. Hell, it could've even been bumped for absolutely no reason. And that would've been okay. Because, had it survived, a few more seconds could have been spent without having had your abortion of a post been born in this world.

EDIT: thanks for the gold kind strangers
EDIT2: RIP inbox

Over 9000 upvotes, 5 golds and 30 silver
Stupid joke or very shallow comment by top member subreddit.

>EDIT: thanks for the gold kind strangers
Oh shit, you can edit posts now in Jow Forums?

Attached: hmm2.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

Anne frankly, I did nazi that coming. I literally came here to say this but boy, that escalated quickly so to the top with you! Lost it at 'This is why we can't have nice things' and then my faith in humanity was restored, my mind blown, and manly tears were shed. Well said. As a 'murican, I can confirm this gem has just won the internet and is doing it right. Just sayin', I know that feel, bro, and while that was a risky click, this post was a 9/10, 11/10 with rice, would read again. I see what you did there and it feels good man. You're doing God's work, son. I laughed way harder than I should have at your list that seems legit and totally nailed it. You - I like you. You magnificent bastard; you, sir, are so brave, a gentleman and a scholar, and seeing how you are a redditor for 4 years, this checks out, so I'll allow it. I regret that I only have one upvote to give for this cool story, bro. CTRL+F "about tree fiddy" was not disappointed. Wait, why do I have you tagged as "NOPE NOPE NOPE"? Nice try, you monster. You are now banned from Jow Forumspyongyang What did I just read? Dafuq? I read that as "YOU HAD ONE JOB". I can't fap to this. No true scotsman could see that this relevant XKCD was bad, and you should feel bad. You must be new to reddit, so I'll see your cakeday and raise you a karma train. One does not simply rustle my jimmies, not even once. Jet fuel can't melt dank memes, that stahp gave me cancer for science, so that's enough internet for me today. OP is a fuzzy little man-peach, 2/10, would not bang. What is this I don't even know how is this wtf? Fuck Jenny. Circlejerk must be leaking. This will get buried but brace yourselves, some men want to watch the world burn right in the feels. When you see it, they'll KILL IT WITH FIRE! But this has nothing to do with atheism. Lawyer up, delete facebook, hit the gym, and SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, said no one ever, so you wouldn't download a strawman. Jow Forumsdadjokes. Damn onions, you scary like a BOSS.

>in CS class
>mention to another student that I'm working on an IRC bot
>kid tells me its a bad idea
>redditfag pulls up reddit, shows me an article
>read the article because now I'm curious
>article is about an Android Trojan controlled by an IRC bot
>re-read the article, just to make sure
>yup. IRC bot being used to control a Trojan
>mfw my IRC bot has nothing to do with Trojans
>mfw my IRC bot has nothing to do with the article
>mfw IRC bots are neither illegal nor a security flaw
>mfw redditfags don't know jack shit about technology

This same kid is also fascinated by `w` `last` and `cd $HOME/..; ls -l`. He's probably never even used IRC.

I hate it as much as you do, but I really have to ask: What the fuck is with that site?

I have been aware of reddit ever since it was founded in 2005 (I probably saw the early links on slashdot), when these link aggregators were the new "thing". I'd wander in every few years, take a glance, shrug, and move on again.

Recently between the shitposting and Jow Forums sucking harder and harder (and all the mainstream glorification and [formerly] respected IRL acquaintances claiming it's better and has smarter people than Jow Forums), I figured, hey, I'll take a look. Maybe it's not all that bad.

It is that bad. It's really bad. The only remotely salvageable things are the specialized news reddits such as science, economics and what not, but even then they are only "useful" as a handy "what [field name] development is hot these days?" for clueless laymen. As a professional scientist, I find the science reddit posts related to my discipline to be worthless, for instance: Sensationalist, misses the point, ridiculously out of touch with the real trends- it's like if you asked an enthusiastic, reasonably intelligent college freshman who only sort of has a clue what was big in his field. So it's not professionally useful, but it's neat if you have a specialized domain you want to "get into" that you are completely ignorant about (economics, for me).

As for general things, here's the thing: Most of the userbase is retarded. They have shit taste in everything: Music, film, games, technology, women, books, humor, politics, world news... Now this isn't an issue per se. After all, most of Jow Forums is retarded, but we get by. The thing is, on reddit there is a mechanism for these imbeciles to force their shitty taste down your throat. There is no hope of altering this: Idiotic trash beyond critical mass has hundreds of upvotes and my downvote would matter jack. I can't just call an idiot a faggot and leave it at that, because I'll lose karma, of which as a mostly-lurker I have very little and such behavior would probably lead to a ban/loss of commenting ability due to very negative karma.

I mean, they have a system where they've essentially taken away your ability to call out idiots and faggots on their disingenuous behavior, and tell them what they are doing wrong in an appropriate tone. Idiots and faggots are already a big problem in any community, but in reddit, it has spiraled out of control! Even in honest-to-god phpBB forums with karma points and postcounts and moderators there's still this concept of shaming retards, and there's still this hope of evading tyranny of the (retarded) majority. Yeah, that one intelligent post will be jammed into a pile of 100 worthless ones, but at least there's no system which ensures that the one intelligent post will actually be hidden if remotely negative!

>tl;dr
reddit is awful, except maybe as entry-level niche news aggregator. Is there a way to fix it? The only lesson I learned from there is that Jow Forums would be kind of cool if we could vote on a sticky and automate stickying, but we kind of already do by bumping and archiving and screencapping.

one of the reasons i came here from reddit, too bad this site is also becoming a censored shit, what's the next good website when Jow Forums becomes unbearable Jow Forumsbros?

it would appear that there's no such place on clearnet anymore
no more infinities, ends, nexts or space boards
its OVAH

This
Other than the user base just irking me, the fact that I can't call people out for being retarded without fear of
retaliation is the main reason Im still here (and while a lot of anons are retarded, most aren't).
Fuck user moderated hug boxes.

[removed]

Redditchan, Jow Forumsbro

This. So much this.

replace reddit with ceddit or removeddit unhides comments

please go back you neckbearded faggot

i have a headache

don't forget the 2300 upvotes

>Orange man bad
Thank for the gold kind stranger

no different from 4channel's censorship

anime reaction image is lame, especially if the person who posts it is trying to meme

Wow I can't believe people actually support the far right in 2019. Truly sad times we live in with Nazis in power everywhere, Trump, Bolsonaro, Salvini, Orban, Putin, Boris Johnson that hate the environment , the LGBTQ community, people of colour, refugees fleeing from wars.

Edit: thanks for the hugs and kisses my friends
Edit2: we must continue the resistance

checkem

edit: i went for a quick nap and wow this blew up!

Trump's election victory reminds me a lot of Hitler's rise to power in the 1930s.

>LGBTQ
Donald "I'll say pretty much anything" Trump popularized this phrase. Actually, I'm pretty sure he invented it. Many important people say so.

You need to go back.

What you fail to realize is that take my upvote.

yALl caNt BeHavE