DOes anyone else here use Sailfish?

DOes anyone else here use Sailfish?

Attached: 1551698140029.jpg (1500x843, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=51eeb59143365e8a308c65fc66f4de9e&showforum=203
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Had a Jolla phone as previous phone and currently running Xperia XA2 but haven't bothered switching.

I do, on a Sony phone. What do you want to know?

Any app recommendations?

Use k9 instead of the default mail app because it's a buggy mess. Use firefox for android because the default browser is shit.
I think the only non-default Sailfish app I use are File Browser and Tiny Todo, everything else comes from F-Droid. I remember trying out an MPD client which worked rather nicely.

That's all I can say about apps. Sailfish is a buggy mess in general.

Me with Xperia X.
Try Cargo dock, GhostCloud, Neliapila.

Pretty nice.

Neliapila, no other app needed

Btw for any hw kbd lovers it's like last two days to buy cosmo from indiegogo on the lower price, it will jump to the full retail price as they started production, veskuh said we're most likely not getting full support, only community edition, so no AD/predictive text/activesync support most likely, still might be worth for some

Yes. I fucking hate android.

Attached: SailfishOS.png (1512x970, 1.91M)

Nice, are you dual or triple booting?

Triple booted but I never use the Android partition. I pretty have used SFOS as main driver since the GPDA kickstarter

Attached: GPDA_Debian_Split_.jpg (1920x1440, 1.11M)

How is the debian? I'm assuming no hw acceleration, but usable?

Bank forces the use of 2 way authentication with phone, used get it to work on first jolla but then it stopped working so forced to use android.

Can I dual boot it with Android? If so, I could try it out on my Xiaomi Mi3

There are two google authenticator apps on open repos, with even some third standard supported if you copy some files over from initial android run (for amazon I think?)

It is as you suspect, no hw acceleration for desktop linux. SFOS uses an Android driver so it does not have this issue. IIRC the Panfrost driver was finished being ported but I haven't looked at where that project is at in months.

Though even without hw acceleration it does run pretty nice for browsing the web. Scrolling animations are smooth, etc.

4G, SMS, Calling works as well. Calling has bugged out on me to require a reboot so I wouldn't consider it a stable option.

Attached: GPDA_Debian_SMS_.jpg (1920x1440, 957K)

Awesome, don't plan to use it as phone, mostly for things like qtcreator/gimp, seen some relative mouse input option on oesf which sounded nice, 4G data working is pretty much all I need from it (as doubt we'll be able to crowdfund reverse engineering of wifi drivers like n900 had)

GIMP has a lag when drawing over the screen when I tested it.

WLAN is working

Best forum for SFOS oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=51eeb59143365e8a308c65fc66f4de9e&showforum=203

Anything panfrost related then the IRC may be better

Attached: GPDA_Debian_Openbox_.jpg (1920x1440, 944K)

Yeah awaiting my cosmo so been reading oesf, sadly not super active but kind of expected with only few k users at most

I think the best part is it comes with native X, jumping onto wayland train might've been good for performance on jolla phones but really detrimental in getting the whole linux library recompiled, in 2014 hardly anything had wayland support, so coming from n900 it felt like you were denied a huge library of software that was supposed to be ready to go

Literally 99% of n900 apps, some of them really well adapted to touchscreens was gtk only and by that: sorry, go and rewrite everything

How are you running Debian here? Is this just a virtual machine with VNC viewer running fullscreen on Android/Sailfish or did you actually manage to install Debian directly somehow?

It's geminiPDA, it runs native gemian (debian based) or sfos or android (or all three)