>120Hz
>1600 nits
>Adaptive Sync 48-120
>1,152 mini led zones
>DisplayHDR 1400
>HDR10 + HLG + Dolby Vision
>DCI-P3 + Rec. 2020
>Three level factory callibration

theverge.com/2019/9/4/20848974/asus-proart-pa32ucg-professional-monitor-1600-nits-32-inch-4k-ultra-hd-ifa-2019

Attached: vesa2.jpg (920x744, 417K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/blog/vesa-update-displayhdr-certification-requirements-including-new-hdr-1400-tier/
tftcentral.co.uk/blog/asus-proart-pa32ucg-with-32-4k-ips-panel-120hz-vrr-1152-zone-miniled-backlight-and-hdr-1400/
youtube.com/watch?v=zO3u7kJi47k
asus.com/Monitors/ProArt-Display-PA32UCG/
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1485224-REG/asus_32_proart_pa32ucx_4k.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>VESA Update DisplayHDR Certification Requirements, Including New HDR 1400 Tier

tftcentral.co.uk/blog/vesa-update-displayhdr-certification-requirements-including-new-hdr-1400-tier/

Attached: vesa1400.jpg (1144x1111, 681K)

138 DPI is too fucking high.

>FALDshit
how about no

VESA's certs are fake and have nothing to do with any HDR specification. But looks good besides the inevitably ridiculous price

Enjoy your 1366x768
t. OLED burn in shill

this thing will consume 200W

>VESA's certs are fake and have nothing to do with any HDR specification
The two certs under 1000 are fake. HDR1000 is fine.

>shit on one thing
>get called a shill for another thing
this is your brain on american politics

for the small prize of $5999 + another $999 for the stand + tip

actually 6k dollars is cheap for a certified monitor. Apple monitor is cheap for the public it's marketed to (professional hipsters making pwetty images)

Pretty nice, but I don't have a single justification for such a high end monitor.

It doesn't mean anything. Hdr10 can exceed 1000 nits and DV's mastering target is 10,000 nits. 1000 nits (for lcd) is really just for a marketing certification from the UHD alliance

>DV's mastering target is 10,000 nits
DV's targest are fantasy tier just like rec2020 colorspace. Show me ONE (1) device on earth that can reach this.
We will get back to this post in 2025.

Bump

Attached: tumblr_ne7mhrG0DW1r2ntmlo1_500.gif (500x347, 1.95M)

saved

some ass

Its vesa compatable i know 999 is insaine and retard but i think smart people just use their own mount

>no mention of response time
I'm getting it no matter the price if it's sun 3ms.

>In other specs there is a 5ms G2G response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 178/178 viewing angles. 2x 3W speakers are also built in to the screen and there is a headphone jack provided.
tftcentral.co.uk/blog/asus-proart-pa32ucg-with-32-4k-ips-panel-120hz-vrr-1152-zone-miniled-backlight-and-hdr-1400/

rent free

How much?

>32"
no
>4k at that size
no
>120hz not 144 or 240
no

no no no.

hasn't been announced but it's definitely in the thousands

>32"
>no
What's wrong with 32"?
>4k at that size
>no
So the same dpi as 1080p on 16" (15.4") laptop?
>120hz not 144 or 240
>no
A perfect multiple of 24, 30 or 60 versus meme gamer rate versus unachievable placebo rate

KYS

Oh fuck I want it

Attached: 1567558535159.jpg (868x1228, 129K)

Not enough zones.

I don't like the non uniform number
>16*9 = 144 zones
One zone for 240px square
>32*18 = 576 zones
One zone for 120px square
>48*27 = 1296 zones
Ones zones for 80px square

Instead they did
>32*18*2 = 1152 zones
Zones will be 2:1 rectangles

Pretty sure they did 48*24 for 1152. That's not square, but it's pretty close (8:9 rectangle).

explain what this means, I'm not into monitors.

Full Array Local Dimming (FALD), is when the backlight is an array of LEDs that can be individually dimmed to allow the display to get brighter or darker where it's needed.

Attached: FALD backlight 1.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

What's the point of the hood around the monitor and where can I get one for mine?

(cont)
This works decently for a lot of movie-type content, but for certain things like stars on a black background, text, or a mouse cursor on the PC or HUD in games, you can get blooming since the zones are bigger than the object that's meant to be lit up.

Watch the zones light up as they follows the moving light source in this video for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=zO3u7kJi47k

More zones = smaller zones, so you get less obvious blooming.

Okay but how is the B2B refresh rate, the contrast ratio, and viewing angles?

wow that's cool how do i test this on my monitor? I've never seen sofware like that

>4k
What is this, 2012?

Reduces glare/reflections from external light sources. Used exclusively on professional displays for color critical work.

That's a pic of just the backlight with the LCD removed.

Your monitor almost certainly doesn't have FALD - the few that do cost north of $2k. You're more likely to find it on decent LCD TVs.

is fald good for gaming

>Comming soon
asus.com/Monitors/ProArt-Display-PA32UCG/

Attached: ProArt.jpg (2338x1428, 1.95M)

It's good for HDR gaming and more "cinematic" games. Not necessarily good for high refresh rate fast response time gaming though.

see

Always 32 inches, holy shit when will these big monitor screen meme end. It's not a fucking TV. 25 inch is the sweet spot.

Early 2020

>So the same dpi as 1080p on 16" (15.4") laptop?
Worse than a retina macbook

>Adaptive Sync 48-120
Is this Freesync?

Attached: 1566793128689.jpg (305x320, 28K)

Funny how no company now releases numbers for their monitors FreeSync numbers. They just slap the Freesync stickers and call it a day

HHHGGGGGFNNNN

>IPS
>1600 nits

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

I want to know that too

You are fucking retarded.

32" 4k with 150% scaling in windows is the golden mantra of monitors.

Hopefully we can get a cheaper non hdr version and we are good to go.

If you have a small dick yes.

Some of us love 32" monitors

I think 27" could be ok IF they would make them much more curved (like 1000R or less). otherwise, agreed.

the only thing I'd like more than my 24" monitor would be something of the same width, but 4:3

All that matters is it is divisable by 24

all these fancy-ass expensive displays are cool and all, and I'm sure they are important for professional work, but ...
VR screens will overtake this shit across the board in about 5 years.
they are already at the threshold of 10k DPI / 2 million nits for tiny little microLED screens.
so imagine being able to sit on a virtual mountaintop, in a virtual sky as bright as the real sky, looking at a giant 2160p screen out in the distance
the future's gonna be fucking nuts

Yes but the problem is you have to have a headset strapped to your face and either a cable to a PC, or a battery that lasts a few hours at most. It's going to take a lot longer than 5 years for it to be comfortable/convenient enough for people to want to use in place of regular displays.

>VR screens will overtake this shit across the board in about 5 years.
Screencapped. Won't happen.

>VR screens
lmao ok fag, enjoy going blind

Sure, but not in the time frame you are saying. When VR goggles do not feel like you are wearing weights on your head they can be a real replacement for screens.

>asus

the main reason they're so bulky right now is because of the internal electronics. there's no reason they couldn't put that shit in a box on the table in front of you, or strapped to your back instead (if we're talking about sit-down monitor replacements)
all that's really needed on your head is a light-resistant box around the lenses and screens. AFAIK those don't weigh much.
so ... how about just a single power+data cable going into the headset, from a larger processing box you can put wherever is convenient?
and sitting in front of a desktop computer with a 20+ pound monitor isn't movement-limiting?

I've seen at least one person claim they are already traveling with a laptop this way. they say it's not perfect by a longshot (especially due to the piss-poor HMD resolution today), but it's getting there.

>and sitting in front of a desktop computer with a 20+ pound monitor isn't movement-limiting?
The difference is you don't have to take anything off every time you need to get up, nor do you have something stuck to your face that will get hot and uncomfortable after a few hours.

Not him, but I play VR for hours with no discomfort. An ultra light headset with external electronics would be fine. They will also obviously be eventually wireless.

my monitor was 600$ and has fald, granted its 4k 55 inch.

100% depends on the implementation.
my tcl has no real lag to the local dimming, something that plagued monitors/tvs for quite a long time with the dimming was how much lag there would be, mine is effectively instant.

now, there is some haloing due to 72~ zones of local dimming, which is admittedly not great, but in video that is wider than 16:9 or narrow like 4:3 the black bars in lights out are actually black, and that's really all I wanted.

I should note that the haloing on a va is almost unnoticeable when looking head on, its there and you will see it, but you have to actually look for it/go out of your way to find it.

Wrong. It should at least be 40-42". 48 would be great but it would be better as 8k.

until they unveil DP 1.5, this will be the monitor to beat

>my monitor was 600$ and has fald, granted its 4k 55 inch
That's a TV, not a monitor. Largely semantics these days, sure, but they are distinct market segments.

well aware, but point stands, and considering its quite a bit better than most of what I could have bought at the time, its hard to say it wasn't the right call.

>72 zones
why even bother

Unrelated but pic related is from the panel in the Dell UP2718Q. Pretty sure it's the cheapest FALD monitor from them.
Someone is selling the backlight for $20

Attached: bl.jpg (3120x4160, 589K)

a mix of va with local dimming that hits the important bar areas and is able to dim enough to make me not see the 'the screen is black but not black' glow is all I need. its annoying in some cases, but for 600$ and in the 45 inch + range it was and I think still is the best I could get.
I don't want to scale windows 200% on a 24 or 150% on a 32 inch, I want screen real estate and that's what my choice in size got me.

I realistically see no need for more, and will only ever upgrade resolution when they stop making 4k in the 40+ inch size bracket because as far as i'm concerned, I have my dream monitor.

Shit time to cash in my 4k 144hz Acer bullshit for this beauti-
>32"
NOOOO WHY COULDN'T IT BE 27"?

No, thanks. I'll wait for the Pro Display XDR.

Attached: smug pepe.png (396x385, 138K)

32" is really too small for 4k without DPI scaling. I don't want to jam my face into the monitor.

27" is great for 1440p but useless for 4k.

32" is the perfect size

I have the 43" Philips. It's too big for a normal desk.

I have a 55" Q80R on my desk. It's perfect. In games it's like VR without the headset

>27 is useless for 4k
why do you fucks keep saying this? it still looks infinitely better than 1440p

DPI scaling is stupid as fuck why waste your money on slightly sharper text and occasional broken UI when you could have a bigger monitor with no scaling and a larger workspace

because most people don't want more than a 27" screen in their fucking face. Especially for gaming.

Gaming is one of the use cases where a larger screen for a larger field of view and more immersion is a nice upside. If you really want a small FOV you can always move a bit further away from the screen and benefit from lower eye strain from the better viewing distance.

of course
gsync has a lower minimum

You meant 2.0

So, 1152 backlight zones means a grid of 128 x 72 zones, which are 30x30 pixels each

>Apple
>5K eye strain
>60Hz cap
>Double LCD needs active cooling

Is it so bad they had to artificially restrict the user from looking from a wrong angle?

>shit most people won't buy
*yawn*

>128 x 72 = 9,216

Most “pro” level monitors have basically a blinder on them to cut away any ambient light from reaching the screen which could affect calibrated brightness levels

Yes, it wouldn't make sense to implement nv's proprietary vrr in a professional product.

the 60hz version is $4000
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1485224-REG/asus_32_proart_pa32ucx_4k.html

Man, why couldn't it be 40"? THAT would've been perfect.

Because your anus isn't deep enough

>Freesync
Meh

Finding 120hz ~40” panels seem to be near impossible
Even for premium TVs you don’t start seeing 120hz until 49” to 55”
Not saying they can’t be made but it’s a gap that none of the panel manufacturers seem to pay attention to
40” is too big of a monitor for most while also being too small for the higher end TV market

What's wrong with non proprietary alternative that just works?

>linking theverge
kys

No real qualification process
At least with GSYNC Nvidia does some testing to make sure the shit performs right, with freesync it’s a free for all in implementation

G-Sync modules are being phased out, they are unnecessary as a proper FreeSync implementation is just as good as G-Sync for all frame rates it would matter.

The OP screen was supposed to be G-Sync but because Nvidia opened up their GPUs for FreeSync it was changed.

>5ms G2G response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio,
Wow so a shit monitor from over 10 years ago

You're not wrong for calling that fuck a retard, but
>32"
>4k
>150% scale
No, retard, 32" 4k is exactly the perfect size for native scale, just as is 24"QHD and 15.6"FHD