Bought these five vintage laptops for around 60 euro

Bought these five vintage laptops for around 60 euro
Did I fuck up? The armada alone makes it worth it for me.

Attached: Capture.png (1545x878, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWfTgga7rmA
ebay.com/itm/8-GB-Advantech-SQFlash-Industrial-Grade-CF-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card/202740527904?hash=item2f3446f320:g:9eAAAOSwnMRdNwq~
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The armada alone is worth at least $100

>No chargers

The Compaq is pretty cool, that alone would be worth it I think. Also the vaio could be worth 30-40 depending on scuffed it is.

pre-HP Compaqs are awesome
the Latitude is probably decent, hopefully it's a PII or III
vintage Vaios are aesthetic as fuck but slow and Sony dumped all the old drivers off their site just last year, fortunately they have all generic shit and if you can get the model number of the devices you can get drivers for anything, you'll just miss out on the manufacturer bloat. same is true of the Dell.

the Macs will probably be a pain in the ass to get working, old MacOS is comfy, but be prepared to pull your hair out if they have hardware faults from storage or busted disk drives.

Even if all of then are broken its easily worth it for parts alone.

You can just buy one of those universal ones that lets you switch voltage and has different tips. They're like $12 on eBay
I would've done the same thing user. You found a good deal too IMO, that's like $12 per laptop

Attached: order.png (1023x366, 81K)

Its a pIII

Speaking of Latitudes with PII or PIII, I bought a C610 too because I wanted one with a PIII, and because you can hotswap the drive bay with a floppy or CD drive. I bought the floppy drive bay on eBay, a hard drive, and the hard drive caddy. I installed 98 and XP.

Attached: c610.png (1045x1251, 1.26M)

I want to use an SD adaptor because I fucking hate harddrive sounds and old HDs are unreliable as fuck.

But older OSes don't have TRIM so wouldn't that wear out your card over time? Believe me, I wanted to get an SD card or an m.2 adapter but I didn't want that shit to wear out and fail on me.

This is the dell I got with the lot does the condition look ok? I don't know what the model latitude is

I've ran one on my 95 desktop for 2 years with weekly use. I back it up anyway.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (487x960, 39K)

Just found out its a Dell Latitude CPx. Is that as good as the CPI?

Did it wear out after 2 years or is it still in operation?

Its still going. Sorry its 2gb CF not SD. Best part is the silent operation.

Is it noticeably faster than a regular HDD at all? I know it's limited by the speed of the IDE connection. I guess you used an adapter for it to work in such an old machine?

Yes its faster. Also its easier to copy files to and from computers.

I'll consider getting one of those then for some of my old systems. I have a Compaq from between 1997 and 1999 that's loud as hell because of its HDD. Also it's only got a 75w PSU so maybe I'll have more headroom if I use a memory card instead.

Attached: 2018-11-19 20.04.59.jpg (1331x998, 150K)

youtube.com/watch?v=VWfTgga7rmA this is the easiest vid to follow. The adaptors are pretty cheap. I just hope the Armada works because they are the best vintage laptops for gaming. Good sound, compatibility ect

Is CF better than SD for this use?

I don't know honestly I only used CF. And never had a single issue. Cards are very cheap. I used 2GB but you can get 4gb 8gb if you wish.

Thanks dude. And I just looked on eBay, the CF to IDE adapters with the bracket like LGR used in the video are really cheap, so I'm gunna get one or two right now and a CF card.

This one look good?
ebay.com/itm/8-GB-Advantech-SQFlash-Industrial-Grade-CF-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card/202740527904?hash=item2f3446f320:g:9eAAAOSwnMRdNwq~

Yeah its a decent brand 8gb is plenty Sandisk extreme is good also. I still have lots of space even on 2gb. the games don't take up much space on 95

Ya have been a great help. Bought it. Hopefully I can use Windows 10 to manage the memory so it doesn't wear out the same cells