>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

PT

Attached: fine things.jpg (2200x1467, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/product/B07GLGWTQM
builder.swillkb.com/
discord.gg/E5nqkS
aliexpress.com/item/32909992048.html
m.pl.aliexpress.com/item/33040543005.html
walmart.com/ip/Logitech-G413-Backlit-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/583007950
bestbuy.com/site/logitech-k840-mechanical-usb-keyboard-black-gray/5880400.p?skuId=5880400&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=485&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260666&ds_rl=1266837&ds_rl=1268709&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv7OO0pC65AIVjv5kCh14WQndEAkYASABEgLovPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for topre

There's too much bullshit. Can't even try out the keyboards you think you might be interested in. I'd have to guess and go by the words of retards like you. I want it easy (the best).

lmao, just get browns and call it a day

MX Brown

Get a switch tester, then get whatever hotswap board and fill it with the switches you like best.

Anyone used this on topre? how is it? noise/differences?

Attached: 1101.jpg (710x851, 164K)

what is the biggest meme right now for mechanical keyboards and why is it pudding keycaps?

Zeal is still the big meme king in mechanical keyboards tho

I've been thinking about browns. Thanks, retards.

A switch tester is no good. You have to FEEL the whole typing experience for multiple hours, doing different types of tasks.

then walk into staples and try out some mechanical keyboards

browns feel closest to rubber domes

Browns have shit for tactility. Don't say you weren't warned if you end up not liking them.

Go into any fucking computer store?
The one I go to which normally has the cheapest HDD's near me has multiple mechanical keyboards out with different kinds of switches both out for you to try on their own, and some hooked up to PCs you can shitpost on social media or other shit with. So you can at least get a bit of a test.

Top 3 smoothest switches?

hey I came back to tell gergo man that instead of bitching about his keyboard im actually going to try to fix the track ball and post it

Alright so I need a new keyboard for work.
Need good tactile but without being too noisy. Browns, clears, topre?

I used to use Matias Clicks at home and Quiet Clicks at work and they had my favorite tactile feel of all time, but they were too unreliable. I replaced my board at home with MX Blues, which I like, but they'd be too noisy for the office.

The standard issue is garbage, but I can expense a nice keyboard. What buy?

if money is no object get a keyboard with Zilents V2. They're a huge meme, but they're the best quiet tactile switch I've tried. A barebones GMMK is a good base keyboard to put the switches in.

Where can i buy 60% alps plates? i can't find any for my matias click and they're just sitting there, gathering dust

Attached: skelly.jpg (960x957, 96K)

I have no idea but you could just buy a normal plate and cut of the parts you don't want.

Ordered GMMK + Kailh Copper +
these keycaps:

amazon.de/gp/product/B07GLGWTQM

If you can't find a shop with one you could use the plate builder and get it laser cut yourself.
builder.swillkb.com/

pls

GergoMan here, you're doing gods work. Join up this discord if you need some help discord.gg/E5nqkS

Attached: 2019-07-27-091948_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 486K)

probably not, i still think its a shit build but i figure what the fuck, ill try to help it along. i may try to write my own. one setback is the left side stopped working even after switching trrs cables and i just dont have time to troubleshoot it right now

What choice do I have for a good full size wireless keyboard bros ? Need some light too since I work in the dark sometimes, best would be with MX switch blues or black. Help a fellow retard

No experience, i want to build one. PReferably cheap.

gentoo

I just transitioned to tactile to linear
its fucking hard bros, i found my self pressing the buttons while waiting

Those guns are most likely to remain useless, or be used against you, most likely by yourself. You should sell them and get something better.

>wireless
fuck off

you can get a replacement keycap set but since corsair uses their own non-standard size keycaps with space, alt, ctrl and list you wont be able to fit all of them in and it'll look disgusting
also it most likely isnt a defect since corsair has terrible stabilizers

why ? I just wants to keep my desk clean without any cables

I was going to order a Durgod K320 for a friend when he told me he wanted another Durgod model instead, with black keycaps and RGB. That's 130 bucks instead of 75.
I'm just asking for advice because I'm sure there are better alternatives in that price range, so, I'll use the template.

>Budget
130€
>Location (continent at least)
Spain
>Preferred switch type
Brown (Cherry/Gateron)
>Layout
ISO preferred, ANSI accepted
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Yes if possible
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech k120
Shitty gayming mech with Outemu browns

Curious, which revision are you using? Gergo: Wired I'm fucking ashamed of how bad that was goddamn.

Could be worse. He used to put them ON the keyboard so you couldn't even see the on topic subject.

It's still that same Filco Glock guy?

So I just put together a dz60 with gateron black inks, how the program my own layout? I built it based on pic related.

Attached: layout.png (1920x391, 90K)

download qmk, modify your layout and flash using dfu-programmer.

or just use config.qmk.fm

Is the anne pro2 good?

Attached: 62205729_1155413997978311_1263666635262611932.jpg (1080x810, 104K)

yes

Never had a mechanical keyboard and currently i have the logitech k800 which has scissor switches and that felt like an improvement over a membrane keyboard.

I just ordered a ducky mx one 2 tkl with mx reds.

What am i in for?

Attached: large_4284_large_DKON1787ST-USPDAZT1_main.jpg (1347x545, 83K)

Shitty keycaps.

O

Why'd you post some pistols next to your keyboard you fucking tool, are you planning on shooting someone?

Probably because it triggers sois like yourself.

>Budget
around $100
>Location
EU
>Preferred switch type
MX Blues
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
I like 87 key type but it's not necessary. So 65-75%
>Backlight
It doesn't matter

any advice appriciated

no it's literally the keycap is just loose and pops off the switch if I so much as look at it, tested with other caps and the switch is fine

mirin biceps

Are the buttons so hard to press that you need to shoot them or something?

kek

>11,000 murders by firearm per year
>somewhere between 500,000 and 3,000,000 defensive firearm uses per year
Keep vomiting that rhetoric, adults know the score.

I was in favor of gun control, until I learned a majority of gun deaths are suicides, mostly by white men. Now I love guns! :-)

There ya go!

>get something better
I agree, he should get an FN FiveSeven instead

Attached: d6f.jpg (500x356, 33K)

I'm not ammosexul, but those are exceptionally loud and expensive to load.

Men often include their face too, but then incels say it doesn't count because they smiled in a photo once with makes them "basedboys" instead of Real Men™

Ducky One 2 comes in ISO

Tada68

>Budget
50-75$ (max. 100$)
>Location (continent at least)
Poland
>Preferred switch type
Brown/Red (Cherry/Gateron)
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL (might be even smaller)
>Backlight
Yes if possible (best if it was just white but whatever)
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G11
Shit chink tkl mech with shitty blue switches

kek

you might get a Ducky One RGB cheaper, if not get the Durgod

Which program is that? And can you teach me?

so what's the advantage of a mechanical keyboard over the regular keyboards?

>muh feels
that's it
if you think a mechanical keyboard will make you a better gaymer, a faster typist, or help cure your RSI then you've fallen for the memes.

What do guns have to do with keyboards exactly, OP? Overcompensating much?

I agree on this
For me, it just feels better to type on. Also I wanted something smaller than a regular keyboard because I like to keep both hands aligned to the center of the monitor without having the mouse too far away.
As for gaming, I find their usage just placebo and it will have no impact on your skill.

Are there any planned GBs for MT3 sets? Missed out on dev, and wasn't a fan of serika colour scheme.

im looking for a minimalistic small keyboard without numpad
best if: bluetooth
I need it for college, because MacBook keyboard sucks
any recomendations?

Attached: c61-625x350.jpg (625x350, 59K)

Anne pro 2

I see, thx.

I'm interested in trying out a IBM model M, should I get a original (90s ps2 type) or a Unicomp?

>picking up coffee near my uni
>notice Asian guy sitting there on his laptop with a mech over the actual board out the corner of my eye
>notice it's actually an hhkb
>wanted to make conversation with him but he had headphones and was likely an exchange student anyway

Shame, but cool to see people who actually use topre exist

An older M -- assuming it isn't a late blue badge (1996 and later) -- will provide you with:
1. Better build quality, especially insofar as the case is concerned
2. Better sound
3. Better looks
But it also comes with the downsides of:
1. Very likely having broken rivets (too many of these and you will need to bolt mod)
2. No modern keys like Windows keys
3. Can be difficult finding in a decent-ish condition, will almost always require cleaning and so on

Unicomp might have the short stick insofar as some of the build quality and looks are concerned, but for the most part you're getting what people like about M's the most; which is the buckling springs. Their QA has issues, though, so there's a chance they send you out a shite unit. I still recommend Unicomp overall if you want to try out buckling springs.

alright, thanks user

Not that guy, but is there any alternative to Unicomp if I want a new keyboard?
I live in Spain and I don't want to pay 60 bucks for shipping.

Hunt around endlessly for NIB sales from third parties? Sometimes you still see those pop up.

I think Unicomp sells their stuff through third parties in Europe as well, but I'm not sure who they do it through.

too expensive

aliexpress.com/item/32909992048.html

Here you jew fuck.

Attached: 1486969229440.jpg (840x657, 105K)

m.pl.aliexpress.com/item/33040543005.html
will this work?

I wouldn't. Too cheap for a wireless keyboard. Also if the switch brand isn't listed most likely they are hot garbage.
The one I linked has hot swappable switches and comes with gaterons.

Gateron inks
Zeal Healios
Hall effect switches

How wobbly are the first two when compared to retooled blacks? Not him, but I was also looking for smooth, solid switches I can put heavy springs in.

WHY THE FUCK I CAN'T FIND THE ACTUATION POINT FOR THOSE FUCKING SWITCHES

Those are illegal switches.

either of these safe?
walmart.com/ip/Logitech-G413-Backlit-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/583007950

bestbuy.com/site/logitech-k840-mechanical-usb-keyboard-black-gray/5880400.p?skuId=5880400&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=485&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260666&ds_rl=1266837&ds_rl=1268709&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv7OO0pC65AIVjv5kCh14WQndEAkYASABEgLovPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Both are overpriced shit.

The difference between most linears that are more expensive/boutique is negligible once you lube them

Though the consensus on smoothest MX style switch seems to be Tealios or vintage blacks. Typing on lubed creams right now and they're basically just as good as my lubed Tealios. I like the way they sound more right now too

As though to prove this, I just got my NIB (still sealed) SSK. And, guess what? Broken rivets. The left cluster of keys are completely unresponsive.

Has anyone here done a bolt mod before? Do you need to do a full disassembly, or can you just drill through with the barrel plate/membrane/backplate/etc. still attached?

Attached: IMG_20190905_123216.jpg (2518x1204, 1.6M)

Working from home

Attached: P_20190905_111118.jpg (4224x3136, 3.75M)

cool keyboard

thought on akko ?

I know someone that seems to be into building their own keyboard
What's a nice gift to get them that isn't expensive

A weighted blanket.

looking good user

Switches that they've been wanting? Or any other parts that you know they've been needing for a build?

Well you've eliminated the only two genders as being correct. Which gender is left to be correct in taking photos?

Bought myself one of them mechanical keyboards, anxious as fuck about buying chink stuff directly from chinks, chink sends me a keyboard with side-print keys which is not what I ordered.

What's the best way to proceed? The store says to send it back and get a refund but I have a feeling it'll be an awful hassle with a good chance that the keyboard never even makes it back. Should I just threaten a shit review and demand a refund equivalent to a new set of keycaps?

>he doesn't like side-print