github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

mpvnet:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases

Attached: mpv.png (454x266, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android/releases
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/gpu/shader_cache.c#L20
github.com/occivink/mpv-gallery-view
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6900
pastebin.com/FR0tkGfY
mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/makedin/mpv-web-ui
github.com/open-dynaMIX/simple-mpv-webui
files.catbox.moe/srvi0m.webm
pastebin.com/sEv625uZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does it have an Android version?

NEW RELEASE AS OF AN HOUR AGO

Is there a way to let mpv download subtitles (any language you select) from subscene according to your file name?

Attached: 1488230874776.png (600x568, 300K)

Why my mpv.conf doesn't work anymore? It's on the same folder as mpv, latest shinchiro build.

Yes, search mpv on the play store
>ib4 play store
You can download the apk here:
github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android/releases

Anyone here running mpv on flatpak? How do I do cmd line stuff like playing youtube videos with gnome-mpv/celluloid?

Based stax76 does it again!

stop using spyware OS

I'm a filthy casual and downloaded this the other day, it's pretty nice. I just wish i could just press play once a video is done playing to start playing it again. Instead i have to go back and then press play.
Is there a setting to avoid this?

>downloaded
are you windows user or something?

HAASN FIX THE FUCKING LIBPLACEBO TIMINGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I thought people downloaded stuff from the internet, what am i missing? Show me user

Why would you run it on flatpak

Reminder that FSRCNNX_x2_56-16-4-1.glsl can run in real-time (and avoid the memory leak) with a mid-tier GPU if you increase SC_MAX_ENTRIES and recompile:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/gpu/shader_cache.c#L20

It's here! If you've ever used the gallery-view script, I highly recommend checking out the new update, now featuring contact sheets
github.com/occivink/mpv-gallery-view

Attached: contact-sheet.webm (950x546, 2.09M)

Also comes with a much more flexible geometry configuration system

Attached: yurie.webm (934x554, 2.56M)

What's the downside to this? It sounds like there should be a downside.

not him but linux users are more likely to say "install" rather than "download", I guess, because usually on a website you just click download, but in a package manager it's usually a command with install

doesn't seem to work with mpv.net sadly.

Attached: mpvnet-osc.png (982x552, 1.19M)

very cool

Based stax76 does it again!

I haven't noticed any. I think they were trying to avoid excessive slowdown from using huge shaders, but in practice it only makes it worse, and small shaders don't seem any slower.

why hasn't wm4 been restored as leader yet

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6900

profile=gpu-hq
hwdec=d3d11va
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
sigmoid-upscaling=no
linear-downscaling=no
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=48
deband-range=16
deband-grain=48
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
For Interpolation in input.conf
t cycle interpolation ; no-osd set tscale "box" ; no-osd set t-scale-window "sphinx" ; no-osd set tscale-radius "1.0" ; no-osd set tscale-clamp "0.0"
For adaptive sharpen
a change-list glsl-shaders toggle "~~/Shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl" ; show-text "Toggle Adaptive Sharpen"
Profile for deinterlace in mpv.conf
[yadif prerequisites]
glsl-shaders-toggle="~~/Shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shaders-toggle="~~/Shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
glsl-shaders-toggle="~~/Shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"
glsl-shaders-clr="~~/Shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"
For deinterlace
cycle-values hwdec "no" "yes" ; apply-profile "yadif prerequisites" ; change-list vf toggle yadif ; show-text "Toggle Deinterlace"
Full mpv.conf
pastebin.com/FR0tkGfY

I mean for deinterlace
d cycle-values hwdec "no" "yes" ; apply-profile "yadif prerequisites" ; change-list vf toggle yadif ; show-text "Toggle Deinterlace"

For me it does not even work with mpv. I copied everything to Scripts and script-opts directory and put this in input.conf
g script-message contact-sheet-close; script-message playlist-view-toggle
ctrl+p script-message playlist-view-close; script-message contact-sheet-toggle

Probably some debugging to do. What's your platform? Can you open mpv from the terminal and see if anything gets printed?

>pause video
>unpause
>video starts straight away

>pause video
>wait a few minutes
>unpause
>video takes a second to start playing and sometimes there's slight audio desync until it corrects itself
why and how do i fix it

Ok well if some technically proficient windows user feels like doing some quick checks I might be able to fix things. I don't expect a significant issue anyway.

quick, im in the middle of vlc vs mpv battle, give me some legit reasons mpv is superior

You can loop a file by pressing L or putting loop-file=inf in mpv.conf
I have mine set to loop every file except playlists.

It's pretty self explanatory
mpv.io/manual/master/

github.com/makedin/mpv-web-ui
github.com/open-dynaMIX/simple-mpv-webui

how do you install/compile luasocket on
>windows
without summoning satan?

so far mpv only managed to crash without any logs with the dll i compiled and those i found on internets

Are sure the delay isn't just because your hard drive has to spin up again to continue reading the file?

Here you go user. Most applies to VLC too.

Attached: mpvchad_vs_madvirgin.png (1872x936, 249K)

how to stop video skipping in mpv when i'm switching tabs on firefox, or scrolling over items in taskbar (with window previews on)? otherwise it plays fine, but as soon as i move the mouse over the taskbar, or click on different tabs, i get a small skip
on linux, with gtx 1060 (6gb), using nvdec
happens with and w/o hwdec, with and w/o shaders, with and w/o config

Stop shilling this shit

What DE/WM are you using?

plasma/kwin

i've also tried using
x11-bypass-compositor=yes
same thing
it looks like anytime i get some kind of desktop effect i lose frames, but the firefox tab switching is weird since it's not related to desktop effects

I was thinking this was possibly a wayland bug at first, but then I realized you are using a nvidia card so nevermind that.

Cope.

Attached: sketch-1567727375479.png (1280x720, 674K)

yeah, i'm not on wayland
also, turning off all compositing (alt-shift-f12) for plasma has no effect, still dropping frames

Neat, works here. Just copied all of the files in the same folder structure and made gallery-thumbs-dir in AppData\Roaming\mpv

Attached: Clipboard01.png (3840x2160, 3.78M)

If you want, you can see if the same thing happens with nouveau drivers.

Is there a way to cycle stats page 1 and 2 with a keybind?

Are you ready for AV1 lads?
files.catbox.moe/srvi0m.webm

waiting for lazy faggit to update the dav1d repo on fedora

Reminder:

Stax76 posted the following on doom9:
>I'll try not to code for a time so this might be the last release this summer.
>I have to admit that I want to spend less time coding or even quit coding altogether but it's a long term goal and I might change my mind.

And wrote the following in his github readme:
>The player does not contain any feature that was more work than 1-2 days or was difficult to build, the hard parts are totally covered by libmpv.
>Due to mpv.net being my first WPF app and mpv.net never meant to be a large application best practices and design pattern are not always applied.

Does this really sound like a high quality app you want to shill on Jow Forums?

does mpv-android function similarly to desktop mpv?
I see you can edit mpv.conf but it says "don't try using dscale/cscale, it won't work" or something like that
was wondering for fun if you could upscale on android

He only wrote it to practice C# so it'll eventually be abandoned once he gets bored with it. Something similar happens to every mpv frontend.

Exactly, I mean it's even worse than the typical dude who writes a practice app. The typical person who does this actually has a goal to program more. Stax76 explicitly stated he wants to spend less time programming or even quit programming entirely.

fuck stax or praise stax?

>constantly shilled his net crap
>didn't even have the decency to commit anything upstream
fuck stax

>Made the unironically the best frontend for mpv.
>Makes mpv more accesible and easier to use for newcomers
>his code is free and open-souce on github.
>Fixes most issues found.
I say praise him.

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 8K)

Go to bed Stax. It's past 3am.

Anyone have a minimal, clean css?

>css
wut

mpv.net is foss user. Someone else might fork it and continue the work.

You first, wm4.

fuck nouveau with a hundred thousand elephant cocks
it totally crashed my pc and froze my system to the ponit i had to do a bios reset manually
and it took a few times to reset grub after that
never again

Attached: merchant doesnt like you.jpg (360x549, 93K)

How do I make it so with dual-audio anime with 3 subtitle tracks that are
>[eng] (just dialogue)
>[eng] Signs/Song
>[eng] Full Subtitles
that I don't have to keep manually selecting [eng] Full Subtitles for every episode for this BD batch that I'm watching?

slang=eng,en
seems like it selects one at random for whatever series I watch

So, it seems like I had to manually create "%APPDATA%\mpv\gallery-thumbs-dir" folder. I wonder why it cant accept something like "~~/thumbs".
It also works on mpv.net. You just have to create the thumbs dir.

My bad. Only gallery view works with mpv.net. Contact sheet does not work with mpv.net(does not display thumbnails). But I guess its similar to why you cant use the thumbnail script in mpv.net, which stax will be fixed in next version.

New stax build is out. Now, even gallery view wont work.

My bad. Gallery view still works.

Stop downloading releases from retards.
If they also mark the signs/songs track etc. as [eng] you cant fix it unless you remux it yourself before playback.
With multiple files marked the same language, it will just play whichever comes first in the file.

Basically, gallery view only works if played something from that dir in mpv and thumbs have already been generated.

>I wonder why it cant accept something like "~~/thumb"
afaik mpv doesn't expose this kind of text expansion
I imagine the reason why it doesn't work is because it's calling 'mpv' as a subprocess but there's no such binary since you're using a frontend. You can try downloading mpv proper and putting it in the frontend directory, or adding it to your PATH is you're familiar with that
Can you be more specific? What is "that dir"?

Finally, can you *please* run it from the terminal to see if anything gets printed?

hey bud I like your mpv frontend a lot

sometimes when i open a youtube video in mpv it won't load the audio track and i'll have to reload the video a couple of times until it works. has this happened to anyone else?

I just use an alias to remember --sid=whatever. You don't have to fully remux, but similar to what says, you can also use mkvpropedit to change the sub languages. This operation is even lossless, so you can just change it back if you want to seed.
I feel comfiest launching mpv from the command line, and you can just put your alias in a folder with the anime and source it before you watch.

Say I ran something from D:\Videos on mpv, now using gallery view generates thumbnail cache for that directory. I can now run anything from that directory in mpv.net and it will show thumbnails in gallery view. It seems like mpv.net cant generate the thumbnails on its own. Contact sheet cant show thumbnails at all. Basically, mpv.net cant generate the thumbnails. I cant see any errors when I ran it through PowerShell, so heres a log file instead
pastebin.com/sEv625uZ
By the way here i the PowerShell output
PS D:\My Programs\mpv.net> mpvnet "n.mp4"
Playing: n.mp4
[autoload] Adding p.mkv
(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 23.976fps)
(+) Audio --aid=1 (*) (aac 2ch 44100Hz)
Using hardware decoding (d3d11va).
AO: [wasapi] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
VO: [gpu] 1920x1080 d3d11[nv12]
(Paused) AV: 00:00:01 / 00:00:48 (3%) A-V: 0.000

Playing: p.mkv
(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 29.970fps)
(+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (*) (opus 2ch 48000Hz)
Using hardware decoding (d3d11va).
AO: [wasapi] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
(Paused) AV: 00:00:09 / 00:01:46 (8%) A-V: 0.000
I used gallery view to switch to another file(although it wont show me thumbnail).

The latest version of mpv.net has the ability to start maximized. If stax can solve the issue with gallery view, it can become an excellent manga reader.

>Contact sheet cant show thumbnails at all.
Even in mpv? Nothing appears, not even the grid of empty thumbnails?
>Basically, mpv.net cant generate the thumbnails.
Yes, that's because the script calls the mpv binary to generate the thumbnails. You have multiple options:
* add the mpv (NOT mpvnet) directory to your PATH
* or add the mpv executable in the same directory as the mpvnet executable
* or use generate_thumbnails_with_mpv=no in the gallery config, and instead have the ffmpeg+ffprobe executables available through the same means
The log is not super useful right now since I don't log much, I'll sprinkle some additional output.
You can pretty much do all of this with playlist-view + image-viewer, not sure what the frontend brings to the table.

Didn't he join the irc channel days ago?

I can honestly say never

Indeed. mpv.net is getting better like big brother.

Attached: sketch-1567706914118.png (980x720, 545K)

Check if you have another .conf file in %APPDATA%/mpv

Damn that's rough. I still think it's possible this is some weird driver bug, but it's hard to be sure.

The problem is that wm4 wants to do a lot of retarded stuff like strip out features he doesn't like (rar demuxer, CD/DVD support, etc.) even though they work ans there is nothing wrong with them. mpv did remove the stream cache by merging his branch and that turned out to be a mistake.

>mpv did remove the stream cache by merging his branch and that turned out to be a mistake
works for me desu

>CD support instead of wm4
Uh... it's a choice.

wm4 joined #mpv-devel to post , then left immediately afterwards before anyone could respond. JEEB seems to have been in contact with him over email since then. It was a weird bit of drama. I hope he's okay. wm4 was actually the one who requested his own admin access be removed, so he could step back from the project owner role he had fallen into and become just a contributor of code. Now apparently he wants to come back, but he will only settle for full admin access, even though he still just wants to contribute code. One dev had reason to believe that he only wanted full admin access because he wanted to nuke the repo.

It works for me too, but there are people that have reported problems.

No he wants full owner access.

Have you got setup, scripts, config etc. for android?

Is this the power of open source?

Is there a list of commands for customizing the OSC and Fonts and shit?

While, adding mpv to the directory solves the issue, I wonder if there is any way for the script to recognise and use mpv-1.dll. mpv.net uses Shinchiro's libmpv build after all.

No. While the interesting part of the code is in libmpv, we need a command-line interface to generate the thumbnails (either ffmpeg or mpv). Maybe if he wants to duplicate mpv's cli.

should be in the manual

Can someone spoonfeed me an mpv/input.conf lines to toggle between having a transparent dark background for subtitles on an off?

>stream from twitch with streamlink
>download something else in the background
>get drops and skips in the stream
How do I prioritize the stream? This is on Linux. youtube-dl didn't have this problem as much.

So, basically I need a mpv.exe file designed to work with libmpv(assuming it exists).

Thanks user.

Attached: sketch-1567797256288.png (900x720, 213K)

it happens on videos i'm streaming from youtube too. the video is fully cached and not buffering. shouldn't videos on a HDD be cached to ram to stop the video pausing when the HDD spins up too?

Easiest method is throttling the download with "trickle".

Can't I just mark the streamlink socket as high priority?