About 3 or 4 years ago Jow Forums recomended the ZTE warp elite to me...

About 3 or 4 years ago Jow Forums recomended the ZTE warp elite to me. I finally just spilled water on it and now it is no longer charging, so I have 60% battery or so until the phone is dead. What is a good phone I can get off Amazon that will be here in like 2 days? When I bought the ZTE warp elite, I spent like 120 or so and it worked just fine. Looking to spend maybe 200 because I like phones with a lot of memory. Suggestions?

Attached: zte warp.png (396x396, 146K)

Unless I can somehow get it to charge. How do I know if it is damaged? Is there noticable water damage?

OP here, when I plug in my phone it gets hot as fuck, the cord that plugs in and the battery itself

My friend just told me to put it in rice. Perhaps that will help, idk

OP here, I have boost mobil btw

I can confirm this works, rice will absorve all moisture overnight.
t.let my galaxy note4 drop in the toilet
sent from my note4

botnet

Xiaomi mi A2

No headphone jack = it's shit.

I did it for a few hours but it still wont charge. I mean the phone turns on just fine but it isnt charging

LG stylo 4

I have boost mobile, wont let me use those unfortunately

Give it back jamal

Put the phone in front of a fan or a place with constant airflow.

Its one of those shitty chink phones too where u cant actually take the battery out

lol

bump

zte nubia m2

not available on amazon

Any pixel or Android One

You probably fried the charging circuit when this happen since there's moisture short-circuiting stuff in the phone. Time to ditch that phone unless you want to replace the broken port.

Is there any way to fix this? Will the rice work? So far it is busted. It still turns on but once the battery is out i think its done

OnePlus is my recommendation, I have a OnePlus one still kicking around which I replaced when I broke the screen. I've since repaired it. The camera on OnePlus one is God awful but actually still a snappy phone if you don't mind running an older version of android. Though it does have lineage, I prefer the last build of cyanogen.

My google pixel is good bang for the buck but the headphone jack causes feedback with movement, also the microphone failing is a common issue.

Outside of that I've used an S3 and Nexus 5. I'd say the pixel has been my least enjoyable experience.

Lookup a tear down video. The micro USB port tends to be a small replacement part that connects like Lego, lucky for you it's an older phone and probably comes apart with relative ease instead of glued glass to aluminum. Past that you need to get the parts on eBay.

thoughts on coolpads?

Only way to fix is by replacing the whole charging port. If the circuit is together on the main board instead of a daughter board, then you're out of luck. Repairing that would cost you almost the same amount as getting another preloved model of your phone.

My suggestion is you're better off getting a new phone, or get a previous year flagship phone. They're cheap now.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Just get a burner phone and get your ZTE repaired for like $20. The fuck wrong with you?

The rice takes 1-2 days to work. And you should also put silica packets as well. And there is still corrosive moisture on the board itself. Rice doesn't undo damage either.

I forgot to specify " lite"

Running RR rom on mine, 10/10 cant ask for anything else in a smartphone!