Why

why

Attached: why.jpg (1280x600, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stairwaytostem.org/autism-inclusive-hiring-spotlight-microsoft/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To make it more similar to Android and iOS, I guess?

Who knows, I liked the one on the left more as well. It's a good thing they still have the search bar otherwise I wouldn't find shit. The most annoying part is getting to the actual menus for internet adapters, audio adapters, etc. Now you apparently have to go through the new and terribly slow crap first.

Because form over function, apparently.

stairwaytostem.org/autism-inclusive-hiring-spotlight-microsoft/
Inclusivity isn't just about gender and skin color, y'know.
>how do you prove that the autists are the cause?
They started the program in 2015, same exact year Microsoft released Windows 10. And if i'm wrong then redirect the blame to the people who most likely did the decisions for both.

At least Windows 10 is supposedly the last version of Windows. No more changing EVERYTHING every 6 years. And I think WPF is more GPU hardware accelerated, but I wouldn't get that impression from using it

your theory falls apart once you realize the autists are the ones complaining about windows 10 having two control panels

liberals and incompetence (at all levels: marketing, design, implementation)

You don't need to be on any spectrum to autonomously come to the realization that 2 control panels can be confusing when you're looking for that one setting that was in ye olde control panel but got moved in the new one thanks to forced updates.

to irritate you, checkmate libtard

honestly whoever designed this deserves to be shot and slowly bleed to death

Attached: windows10-wifi-settings.png (1202x931, 25K)

Left one is for old people

>No more changing EVERYTHING every 6 years
yeah instead they're changing "some things" every "if we feel like it". what an improvement

Cuz this shit kind of people
They want everything flat

couldn't you just google name of thing, then past it into cmd?

one is for administrators/advanced users
other one is for your mum

also i cant believe how fucking hard they made it to change you DNS server...

Why does Windows do anything?
Answer: backcompat.

There was copypasta from ex employee who claimed old control panel is so legacy, that they can't build it anymore. People know knew how already left. Easier to just rewrite.
Normie OS preventing you from circumventing DNS based filters

>Easier to just rewrite.
so why don't they?

>so why don't they?
Wtf do you mean? The new one IS the rewrite

>old control panel is so legacy
True. It's largely unchanged from Windows 2.0.
>that they can't build it anymore
You can, but why?
>People know knew how already left
This copypasta might just be vaguely convincing with (say) NTFS.
Control Panel is stunningly simple and limited - you could learn exactly how it works in a few hours.
>Easier to just rewrite.

for u

The problem is both exist at the same time and there's options that are exclusive to one of the two.

You can see that the actual programmers don't like the new control panel, they're just obligated to work on it.

because muh flat designs!!!1

quit poopin ya pants

Because MS stopped caring about all the things that matter in an OS (performance, usability, configurability, privacy, security), years ago, and now all they want is shekels from users easily fooled into thinking 'New UI = best one yet', who will also give them data which they can make into more shekels. MS is the software version of Apple's hardware business. Neither of them deserve your money or attention. Anyone with an IQ above 70 would never willingly use a version of Windows past 8.1, and would never willingly use an Apple product made past 2006. Fuck the turbokike negro pajeets at Microshit and Apple. Fuck them to hell.

when are they going to make a linux that mimics xp
*sipp*

As Linux is about 40 years behind Windows, I presume in about 22 years.
Additionally, get the fuck off my lawn.

Appwiz.cpl my friends

The only reason I don't like it is BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!!!!!

IT LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE, BUT NOTHING WORKS ON IT

ESPECIALLY UNINSTALLING APPS

>win95 sucks
>im sticking with 3.1

Attached: steviewonder.jpg (600x600, 70K)

Win95 was a massive usability improvement over 3.1. Win10 is a cruel joke compared to 8.1 and 7. Even shills like you know that.

>nonono
>what i was babyducked on is different
>honest

you're a dumb faggot and you should go back to the microshit support forums

>WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME
>I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Like we needed another thread discussing how shit Microsoft programmers and Windows' design choices are. We have this thread 2 times a week at a minimum. Install Gentoo and fuck off already.

At least show the proper way to view the control panel

Attached: ctrol.png (1302x795, 106K)

So when you begin typing, does the search bar actually retain focus now?

Attached: 1525d6008bf741e201aa6f23ce054f9b9f82d766a751f3307d1fc0a8664a8ae1.jpg (832x868, 44K)

Do you think Windows 10 was made by autists in one month? Or even the whole 2015 to be generous?

Attached: 1544731320941.png (1920x1080, 38K)

Because Windows is a toy operating system for toy computers.

Windows computers are for getting work done, Macs are a fashion accessory and GNU+Linux computers are ricing toys.

>Windows computers are for getting work done
Video games aren't work, kid.

Neither's ricing and shitposting, yet here you are, in all your autistic fuckwit glory.

Attached: 1544088125846.gif (260x150, 1.45M)

Your life should be a rewrite

I hate the waste of space and that the sections aren't separated with different background colors etc. Big companies shouldn't be making such severe UX mistakes in this day and age.

>Control Panel is stunningly simple and limited - you could learn exactly how it works in a few hours.
What exactly do you mean by this? It's simple for end user? It's simple to add new elements? It's simple to unit test the infrastructure of adding new elements?

Microsoft's total lack of competence in design is quite funny, actually. Even nowadays, you can still find ui bits from windows 98 buried in shit most people don't even know exists.

just

>simple for end users
the less control users have the better
>unit test the infrastructure
fuck no miscroshaft doesn't do any testing anymore. they let all the normies update with auto update and things like background intelligent task transfer.5hen when your computer crashes and files a report of every file on it what was running, how you where running it, what you where looking at and any other information they might need or be able to sell
THEN and ONLY THEN they MIGHT release a patch for said problems.

See: nigga technology

User interfaces are now getting worse with time, every redesign is worse than what came before it, this was true even as far as back as XP which was a slightly ruined version of win2k, with vista the damage took a sharp increase, windows 7 was worse and it continues. The UI in windows 10 is just the next step of the devolution into utter shit.

shut the fuck up

no u

nice argument, faggot

cool counter-argument, asshole

I thought autistic people disliked change? isn't that one of the traits of autism?

What a fucking mess. They threw out decades of UI experimentation to learn what works and just put everything on the screen at once with no proper separation.

based legacy viewer poster

I fucking hate this shit

Network adapters is "ncpa.cpl" in run.
Mouse is "main.cpl"
"Control panel" does what you would expect.
There's more but I can't remember them ATM.

That's exactly what I was thinking, it looks way too much like an HTML document and not at all like a settings panel. There's no signposting

It looks worse than an HTML document.

The settings app was designed to be a universal, touch-friendly app that would be fine for Windows on tablets and everything too. In fact maybe it was designed to run on Windows Phone too because they had this "universal app" strategy where apps would run on Win 10 and Windows Phone?

And Control Panel is the legacy app full of stuff that they couldn't be bothered to move over to Settings.

But yes it's fucking stupid.

Attached: MicroShaft Winblows '98.jpg (1000x1500, 203K)

>CHANGE BAD REEEEEEEEEE

this is actual software, I think I have it on one of my drives that I have unplugged atm.

this

Uninstalling apps from the microshit store is a pain in the ass.

based

Attached: check'em.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

>EVERYTHING NEW IS GOOD REE
Just off yourself

are you baiting or retarded
they exist concurrently and are different
this is inconsistent and bad

this is so fucking helpless, not a single separation holy shit this must be a nightmare for old people

It's because OSes hard coded a standard DPI for things back in the 90s and used exact size bitmaps/raster images everywhere.

>User interfaces are now getting worse with time
With Linux you can at least change the desktop environment and customize things much more than on Windows.

UI on linux is trash and will always be, its fragmented, nothing really fits together and integrates well like is does on windows. I'm stuck on windows 2003 until reactos is done. And eventually if reactos is fails which is quite possible, I will respectfully decline to participate anymore in computing.

>nothing really fits together and integrates well like is does on windows

heehee

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 352K)

Vista,7,8,10 are non-canon,
xp/2003 is the last version of windows as far as I am concerned.

>nothing really fits together and integrates well like is does on windows

You're fucking insane.

its not about a quality product that is 100% consistent or thorough. Its about having a keylogger send all your input to marketing firms and the government. Its about including ads on the lockscreen. And you're gay ass is going to pay to subscribe to it, in less than 10 years. Fuck you

if you are autist, yes
otherwise you just type thing you are looking in a search bar and get result

THE FUTURE IS HERE OLD MAN