Librem 5 BTFO

pine64.org/2019/09/05/september-update-the-pinephone-is-real-shipping-soon/

Attached: actual-pinephone.jpg (3120x4160, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8phE4wanhfM
linuxondex.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is forking AOSP not a better option? or maybe im being too pessimistic about a linux phone

Android is Linux

Librem 5 starts shipping September 22

Ehh its far from a distro which is why theses linux phones exist.

sadly no.
final version ships q4 2020 and they start shipping 'something' now because they didnt want to break the deadline again

>KDE or GNOME on phone hardware
ohmygod

For fucks sake just ship the damn thing

Really..?

lol

I just want the damn phone.

this is what they'll be shipping out Sep22:

"Hardware: Initial board, all hardware components included.

Mechanical Design: Individually milled case, loose fit, varying alignment, unfinished switch caps (hand crafted).

Software: Initial release of core Apps, manage contacts, basic web browsing, early power management, software updates from the PureOS Store via the terminal.

Certifications: FCC and CE for Radios"

>Software: Initial release of core Apps, manage contacts, basic web browsing, early power management, software updates from the PureOS Store via the terminal.
How many years have they been endlessly astroturfing this thing and they still haven't even gotten the software workable? Do FOSS hardware retards know how to do anything other than talk?

Too bad about the NXP crap in that thing.
Not gonna buy it.

The "final" version is supposed to have a different CPU that they haven't specified yet. The final batch before those will be where they switch from a CNC body to a more mass produced molded version in Q2 2020. The final version of the CNC body with all the fitment and automated assembly issues worked out is supposed to start moving in October, and from then on it's all a matter of what software version the phone ships with.

the way they are handling this tells me that they are just exploiting FOSS retards, and that they are very good at that.

The absolute state of freetards
youtu.be/8phE4wanhfM

so Q2 2020 is suppose be the ship time for what initially they promised right?

I don't think astroturfing means what you think it means. It's not just shilling, it's acting like something was always a certain way, which isn't a lure towards something that's been planned, although it can describe trying to cover up the mistakes made along the way to something that's been planned.

y

I don't at any point recall them promising a molded case, just a metal one (but I preordered in January, not during the earliest phases of the campaign). What will start shipping this month technically meets what they promised...it's just not going to be pretty or as good as it could be about it. And it's certainly not going to be as thin as their concept images (that's what happens when you cram m.2 cards into a phone).

It's a Java virtual potato running on a Linux subsystem, you doofus.

how is October what they were promising?
board is not final, individually milled case with loose fit with varying alignment, improved early power management, improved basic web browsing.

I mean, this is gonna be a rattly box that can barely make a call or browse the web.

yet, this is what they were selling!

Attached: phonescreenkeyboardmouse-2[1].jpg (1280x720, 176K)

I get that vibe just from their pretentious pseudo-Apple wannabe brand, the whole company is just empty marketing, kept aloft by people so deluded and so desperate for a device like this they'll literally slurp any shit Purism dangles in front of them.
Nah, they're *definitely* astroturfing in the proper definition of the word. Librem threads always either have an OP that reads like a shill paraphrasing marketing material or get flooded with an unusually large number of blindly optimistic replies from alleged pre-orderers and ignoramuses who seem to think this is the first time anyone has ever installed anything other than iOS or Android on an embedded computer.
Never expect much from shitty projects like these, they have no purpose.

lmao, dumb freetards
linuxondex.com/

What do you think this is? The problem is to get rid of the none standard C lib shit the WM and java shit.

i dont know, not very knowledgable about android.

Fine, it's astroturfing if you want to assume the mistake was the entire project existing, and ever trying to have an option outside of the google/apple duopoly which is looking more and more like a monopoly. But if it was a mistake, what would the correct course of action be?

That was already tried and failed with Replicant

They chose that specifically because it allowed them to have the main CPU separate from the baseband, which is one of their security claims at making this a "privacy phone"

No, if they just wanted that, they could have gotten a snapdragon with the modem removed. The real issue for them was having zero proprietary blobs execute on the CPU, in the form of proprietary graphics drivers.

Dex is based desu, I wish it wasn't locked into Samsung.

>Low Disk Space Low Disk ...
>HDD icon
Woah, so this is the power of open source.

oh yeah what phone should i buy then asshole
inb4 chinesetrash lmao get tariff'd

>But if it was a mistake, what would the correct course of action be?
Building an actually good device with selling points that go beyond "it's not Apple or Google" or paying lip service to ethical cults. The Librem is all marketing and no substance, we deserve and can have much better.

No storage
No cellular signal
No ethernet
No audio
So this is the power of open source software?

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

you've used astroturfing incorrectly in three threads, now

>everyone is a shill
how fucking original

then go make it, faggot. Did you contribute to N900/Maemo? Did you contribute to Neo900 project? Anything else? Or are you just a bitch?

why not use sailfishOS

Go look up the definition of astroturfing and then spend any time in a typical Librem thread, and you'll find they are definitely doing it here. Glad other people notice it, too.
Nope, not my job. I'm not obligated to support a shitty product just because it is made by a different shitty exploitative company with a hipper brand image and even more markup, but I am obligated to call out their advertising and astroturfing as long as they continue to shit up my catalog every time someone at Purism's marketing department sneezes.

Where's Purism going to put their logo?

From what i understand pinephone will release into two batches.
The earlier one will be for people daring to get a phone without an OS installed and fuck around with distros

Sailfish port is in development

Americuck trannies BTFO

I wonder if Nu-Nokia will be based enough to release a linux phone again.

Sadly I need a reliable Android device to function, or I'd definitely get a Pinephone. Might still get one at some point so I have it available if I want to leave my ordinary phone behind for whatever reason.

>2GB of RAM
Um, sweaty?

what?
my phone has 1GB ram

The problem is apps and websites are becoming increasingly less optimized/more demanding. 2GB won't get you very far and you'll be dealing with crashing applications constantly.

i don't run shit apps, and i don't really browse the web on my phone

They keep pushing the date forward all the fucking time. People who pre-ordered should be glad if they ever get it at all.

Their wiki says
>16-64GB eMMC
>2GB-3GB LPDDR3 SDRAM
so there's going to be a version with more ram and internal storage, guessing maybe $250

Both my smartphone and my laptop have 1 GiB of memory can I can use most of the software I need.