>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$350 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: milled vs fins.jpg (1500x1124, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-axrx-5700xt-8gbd6-3dhr-oc/p/N82E16814131756
pcpartpicker.com/list/7GwYP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/TpJnmq
pcpartpicker.com/list/rvFZBb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do not buy AMD GPUs.

Do not buy Intel CPUs.

I see you are back amd promoter.

How does the PowerColor 5700 XT Red Dragon compare to the Red Devil?

newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-axrx-5700xt-8gbd6-3dhr-oc/p/N82E16814131756

Attached: 14-131-756-V01.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Patrician Combo: AMD Zen 2 CPU + nVidia Turing GPU

>Dual fan vs Triple fan
If I had to guess, I would say unfavourably

too late

what am i looking at here in the OP pic?
is that the same card but with different heat exchangers?

Used 1070 ti or used Vega 64?

Reposting

>Any Radeon 5700 users only able to monitor card temps using AMDs tools? None of my other tools can monitor the card.

1070 ti

>is that the same card
are you blind? the PCBs are completely different.
with dual fans the cards are usually taller and the fans are larger. triple fans are longer and shorter, so the fans are small.

>power color
>not sapphire
Oh no no no no

860 EVO SSD as main drive, yes or no?

Top card uses a milled aluminium block for a heatsink, whereas the bottom uses a more substantial heatsink with copper heatpipes and soldered aluminium fins.

You'll see the top solution used on cheaper, more budget orientated cards and they work just fine, since such cards generally have lower TDPs.
Any high end card will have a heatpipe based cooler since they're far, far more efficient and can handle higher thermal loads.

Should be fine for a main drive, I'm using a 250gb 850 evo and have been for around 4 years. As a boot drive too and it's still around 98% health (8.7TB of writes).

No idea. They don't send those for review samples so a review would have to buy it themselves.
Looks very similar to pulse. I'd take it over the Pulse because I'd bet it doesn't have the same coil whine problem, knowing Powercolor.

Get Vega 56 for cheaper. Vega 64 is a waste of money.
If 1070Ti is the same price as Vega 56, get it.

No they are different cards. You are looking at the different heatsinks to see how to identify them so you know how to avoid milled heatsinks on any >100w card. Literally the file name.

For less than $100 or euro for 1TB? Yes go for it.
Read the SSD guide in OP.

Noctua U14s for a 9700k? Not going to be pushing it past 5ghz. Trying to avoid buying a d15s or some other fuck huge tower

>gigabyte
uwu

What's the most I should consider for a used Nvidia gpu before going new?

I'm sticking to Pascal, I've seen 1070ti for $290, 1080 for $300-320, 1080ti for $450+, though rarely down to $400.

>inb4 5700xt
I already bought into X570, but I don't need driver headaches, thx.

It's from [spoiler]reddit[/spoiler]

Retard here. Updated the chipset, put on ryzen balanced plan, and turned the cooler fan to high. No change in temps, except now it sits at 50-55 instead of jumping around wildly like before.

>PCBs on carpet

Enjoy your paperweight!

Attached: doubledown.jpg (570x587, 43K)

anyone?

All these clock/bios issues with ryzen 3000.

How goes instead a 9400F for gaming? Cheaper than 3600 and generally no issues, just plug into an updated h310 with some basic ram kits and its good to go.

If I don't plan to upgrade within 2 years is 9400f worth it?

Attached: 1558142314081.gif (316x177, 1.89M)

bios issues are mainly from people who thought that MSI can write good bioses for cheap b450 motherboards
the boost clock issue is finally getting addressed by amd and is probably a side-effect of fixing the reported voltage issue

did they fix unstable BUS clock speed yet?

idk, i'd check for information about the specific board you're looking at.
i have an aorus x570 itx and haven't had many issues w/ the bios

Are you in latin america or something?
In the US, most you should pay for a 1070Ti is $200. Maybe $240 for good model with transferrable warranty.
Most a 1080Ti should be is $350 with transferrable warranty and if it's a good model, otherwise more around $300.

Get a cooler running CPU like the 3700X and you can cool it quietly with a $40 cooler like the Arctic 34 duo

Something is wrong with your brain if a minor 2% performance potential issue is scaring you off and convincing you should get an FPS that's 40% slower instead. The clock issues aren't affecting the performance you see in reviews. 3600 is massively better than the 9400F for not much more money. It's basically an i7-8700 that uses less power.

Personally I wouldn't buy Pascal used, especially because the used discount is usually tiny. Turing has the potential to be insanely better than Pascal

>1080 for $300-320
On a average a 2060 can perform as well as a 1080, and the 2060 has ray tracing. You can get a new 2060 for the same price, of course including warranty

>If I don't plan to upgrade within 2 years is 9400f worth it?
I would say the 9400F is pretty mediocre. Depending on your graphics card / monitor pairing, you might consider an R5 2600 for the same price. The 2600 is plug n play like the 9400F

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-05 Wolfenstein Youngblood тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU.png (720x855, 56K)

Guys I have a serious computing problem.

I was trying to install vs codium via rpm and i accidentally opened the file in a text editor. It rendered windings and I got a popup warning me that the line exceeded the charlimit.

My computer kept running but at this point the graphics cut out.

The BIOS stopped responding and I had to kill it via the PSU. I have been trying to reset the CMOS for 30 minutes and still no power cycle.

Is my workstation bricked bros? Should I be a tryhard and disassemble the whole thing and try to power it up with just the mobo and cpu?

I dont think it was a coincidence that my BIOS died at that moment. What could have happened to my computer?

I am devastated right now.

Kindly show me where these $350 1080tis are hiding. If they were selling regularly that low, no one would ever buy anything else.

I'm not a huge gamer, mostly play fast paced fps like Apex which isn't that hard on the gpu. I don't really see the point in dropping $$$ on 1st Gen tech, especially as 7nm Ampere is on the horizon. I just want enough power where I know I can sit comfortably for a year or two. I'm also looking at getting back into CAD and rendering.

I don't see the appeal of the bigger ITX cases, they're just slightly smaller than mid-tower ones (though you still pay a premium for that, and smaller motherboards)

Attached: h200i.jpg (225x225, 7K)

wrong thread

Turing isn't good because it has "ray tracing".
It's good because it can do HDR without performance tanking 20%, can do some async compute type behavior (as long as there are both int and float ops), etc. After nearly 10 years, Nvidia finally reached GCN feature parity.
Pascal isn't great as it lacks those things. Sure it's more efficient than Vega, at the cost of features.

>mostly play fast paced fps like Apex which isn't that hard on the gpu.
Doesn't that game run at 100fps+ on an RX590 and it doesn't run well on Pascal? IIRC the 1070 is hardly better than the 590 in it, and the ti only a bit above that. And you were considering paying $290 for that USED card?
Nvidia optimized the Turing driver for that game last month, but I'm not sure they did the same for Pascal. I doubt it.

>pc building doesn’t wanna talk about cmos and getting the bios to start

where then can I go?

Budget: $600 USD
Usage: 1080p gaming, light VM
Build: pcpartpicker.com/list/7GwYP3
I have a freesync 1080p moniter and a WD 2tb HDD already. Is there anything that's fairly upgradeable with better specs for less? This is for my brother his first PC just out of college.

>I just want enough power where I know I can sit comfortably for a year or two
Alright, but that doesn't explain why you want to buy something used instead of new at the same price and performance. Again, 2060 is the same perf as a 1080 and can be purchased new at the prices you listed

I don't think your BIOS can "die"

Is he planning to play games on the iGP? Because that's not going to work well
Definitely spend less on the PSU. 80+ Bronze is fine. I would go 2600 + RX 570

Here's my new workstation build, waiting on TR3, thoughts?

>Case:
Phanteks Enthoo Elite

>Computer 1:
MB: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
CPU: Threadripper 3 (whichever cpu is closest to $1k)
Ram: 4 x (2 x 8 GB) HyperX Predator 4000MHZ (64GB)
VideoCard: GTX 1080
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
PSU: Seasonic 1000W Prime Ultra Titanium
Storage: 1TB Samsung M.2 (x2) - 2TB , 1 4TB WD Black, 1 10TB WD Red

>Computer 2:
MB: ASUS ROG b450 mini itx
CPU : Rzyen 2700
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-L9a AM4
Ram : 1 x (2 x 8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHZ (16GB)
PSU : Seasonic 450W Gold
Storage: 1 TB Samsung M.2, 4TB WD Red

>Peripherals:
Monitor: 2x LG27GL850

Anything you would add/change?

Worked fine with msi afterburner

It stopped responding to the power switch.

pcpartpicker.com/list/TpJnmq
Does that look a little better? Any tweaks?
What's wrong with the igp? It should be able to handle 1080p at 50-60 fps medium high with 4xAA right? Or am I sorely mistaken?

I highly recommend spending the extra $$ for atleast a 500GB, I had a 250GB ssd once upon a time, and that can't really hold much, DOOM is 60Gb, a lot of current titles are hitting 50GB.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/7GwYP3
You can get a 500GB SSD for that price, and 1TB for $25 more.
PSU is massively overpriced what the fuck it's over 20% of your budget.
And since you're using an APU, you should obviously get a board with better video outputs. I'd get one with both DP And HDMI.
Other than the SSD, that'd be fine.

>1000W Prime Ultra Titanium
Just give me a Steam giftcard instead of all that wasted money jesus.
>samsung M.2
the fuck does that even mean there is more than one Samsung M.2 drive there's like DOZENS.

>Kindly show me where these $350 1080tis are hiding
Just because used sellers are price fixing to scam retards like you doesn't mean they're actually worth that much. lmao.
Fact is a $400 5700XT is both a better architecture and overclocks to 1080Ti perf at lower power consumption so paying more than $350 for a used card with less warranty is plain retarded.

>Or am I sorely mistaken?
^That, unless you're talking about very old games. The iGP is about like a GT 1030.

Also swap out the SSD for either the 250GB Sabrent Rocket or the 500GB MX500

2700 does not have integrated graphics. It will need a gpu.

It's going to be used as a server.
What PSU would be better?
The SSD is a 960 PRO from samsung

And if Firefox didn't crash it, they'd sell them for more. Even the AMD subreddit admits the drivers are dogshit.

Carry on then.

>What PSU would be better?
750W seasonic focus platinum.
>The SSD is a 960 PRO
Why that one? How much of this is used stuff you already have? I guessed the 1080 was because no one would buy those new anymore.

Anyway, workstation usage is going to depend on software used. Sometimes the 5700XT nearly matches the 2080ti such as in Davinci's Resolve.
>What's wrong with the igp? It should be able to handle 1080p at 50-60 fps medium high with 4xAA right?
Depends on game.
It'll do CSGO and Dota2 at around 100fps on high. Overwatch at 60fps on medium.
But some shittily running games like AC Origins will only do 30fps on low.
It's generally a little weaker than the 750Ti.

>And if Firefox didn't crash it, they'd sell them for more
what?
Even the Nvidia subreddit admits that Nvidia's drivers are dogshit, btw.

Guys, want a budget CPU. What's better a 1600 or a 2200g?

>Just because used sellers are price fixing to scam retards like you doesn't mean they're actually worth that much. lmao.
>price fixing
>auctions
>lmao
no

Attached: 1362650369257.jpg (203x303, 11K)

Do you intend to have a GPU or run it headless? Then 1600
Do you intend to not buy a GPU but also use it more 'normally'? 2200g

Would this be more betterer?
pcpartpicker.com/list/rvFZBb

Gonna run a GTX 1050 I got for 30 bucks. Just a PC to play wow classic on.

>Sometimes the 5700XT nearly matches the 2080ti such as in Davinci's Resolve.
It does not.

Attached: pic_disp.php.jpg (800x832, 115K)

I bought a 5700xt pulse today, how yikespilled am I?

Yup, that is a nice PC.

DO NOT BUY AMD GPUS

Seasonic has major qc issues right now.

Dude you are so full of shit.

But y?

Hey look, I have graphs too!
Puget systems test has been called out as flawed by many actual users. That also may have been before the Davinci's resolve update.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-10_19-15-20.png (2895x1635, 1.75M)

Attached: chrome_2019-07-22_06-39-42.png (2921x1645, 809K)

bricked pc user here. after an hour in vain trying to use the buttons to reset cmos, i finally found the actual battery after I removed my giant chinkshit gpu. this cocksucker doesnt want to come out though. whats a suitable tool to pry it out?

Attached: A6EE1409-C96C-4A65-B0EC-65511FAEB9DE.jpg (3264x2448, 1.4M)

What's a good benchmark tool?

I want to see what my GPU can do.

paperclip or small screwdriver.

uniengine superposition is good to test for artifacting, though scoring is nvidia favored.

What's your recommendation for psu manufacturer?

Attached: poosh.png (744x647, 534K)

install gentoo

I did. It just built up a lot of potential energy and didnt actually come out. I put a tiny pocket knife tip down that spring slot and it ejected out and landed a couple feet away.

Why recommend the 5700xt over a 2070s or a used 1080ti??

fuck, should I avoid MSI then? I cant afford an x570
2600nfor a while maybe?

either the mobo or psu is officially rip. sad day for me bros.

How do I figure if 650W is enough or not for my PC build?

my msi mobo just spontaneously died because i opened a binary file in a text editor in linux and i tried to power cycle via the psu when the case switch stopped responding.

each component should tell you. add it up.

1600 then, 2200G is really for the integrated graphics

>claims 2080Ti performance in DaVinci Resolve
>posts 2080 performance
Yeah, sure, you have graphs, but they don't back up your claim

Why recommend the 2070S or overpriced used 1080Ti over 5700XT?
Answer without lying or leaving out important details like price:performance.

>posts 2080 performance
Yeah compared to the 5700.
Also you're ignoring the part where the example I gave wasn't specific.

1600. I'd get a B450 board with it even though a 350 will work, as 350 had some really bad boards generally.

Buy from local shop who'll update BIOS for you on a b450 board?

brick pc user looking for a $2000 value build pls sirs.

Pcpartpicker for example gives me some incredibly low values that can't even reach the most basic 550W powersupply, so it feels like whatever the automatic calculations they have are incredibly unreliable. At this point I think I'll just grab a 750 and call it a day 'cuz the difference in price isn't even noticable compared to 650.

look at the actual component specs on newegg and check it

who makes the most reliable mobos these days? msi just crushed my dreams for the next couple weeks.

all the x570 mobos were just recently released so its too early to tell

I finally found a justification for my 9 Noctua fans setup.
I'll get myself Aourus X570 Xtreme which refuses excellent case airflow not to melt.

>Also you're ignoring the part where the example I gave wasn't specific.
To quote you
>the 5700XT nearly matches the 2080ti such as in Davinci's Resolve.
A very specific example, which you can't back up.

one of these mogs all the autistic fan setups

Attached: black-lasko-box-fans-b20401-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

Enjoy being eternally BTFO.
Why bait yourself into being owned so hard? No better than some common rapebait.
Oh hey, a two-for And unlike your shitty test, this one actually tests multiple encoders and isn't some bullshit fake arbitrary "score".

Attached: firefox_2019-09-06_01-06-08.png (1790x1006, 1.12M)

What things would one wait for today?

You can't install this into a PC case, can you?

the same things you were waiting for yesterday

QUICK. Newegg has the triple fan gigabyte model 5700XT. anything wrong with them?

>Gpu relevant are green, orange and yellow (?)
All take less time on 2080ti
What were you trying to show, again?

I beg to differ.

Attached: ducttape.jpg (704x704, 56K)

get a 2080ti instead

RX 5800 if you're looking for (upscaled) 4K at >60fps. Otherwise nothing and it's a fine time to buy.

How do you sit without swallowing up your chair with how gaped your asshole is?

Attached: vivaldi_2019-09-06_01-26-42.png (556x48, 7K)

Fury X to 5700 non-XT, worth it or Just Wait™?

Attached: 5700 Pulse.jpg (2016x1200, 204K)

>2080Ti
I get that the 2080Ti is a good card, but it's literally double and a half the price.

For long term, would I be better off with an 8c16t chip instead of an R5-3600?