Are vertical mice a scam? If it's supposedly a much better design then how come almost nobody uses them?

Are vertical mice a scam? If it's supposedly a much better design then how come almost nobody uses them?

I've done some reading and ppl pretty much say that you'll only get misclicks and you won't get that much more comfortable. Also, traditional models are significantly cheaper AND better spec'd.

Anyway, should I get picrelated or something normal like G603? Can I even gayme on these?

Attached: Logitech-MX-Vertical-mouse-collage.jpg (4000x4000, 302K)

I got a cheap Anker one. It's done wonders for my RSI. You can game okay with them once you get used to it.

when you click it you apply force toward your other finger, not toward desk.
rest is ok

handjob mouse

It's intended to be ergonomic, not precise. This layout lets your hand remain at a natural resting position while you use your mouse, but this also means that you lose fine control. It's wonderful if you need to use a mouse for 8h straight and doesn't need much precision and agility (which in turn makes it unsuitable for most work loads that actually require constantly using a mouse like graphical design, A/V editing, et cetera. It will only actually be useful for pajeet-level workers that can't learn hotkeys or have to migrate infinite piles of forms using keyboard-unfriendly UIs, or for people who already developed orthopedic problems and still need to use a mouse).

>how come almost nobody uses them?
Nobody uses ergonomic stuff.

Unironically makes you a better artist. You can't use your wrist or fingers to move your mouse (fine motor control) so you are forced to use and eventually train your arm and shoulder (gross motor control). The latter is smoother and preferred for drawing.

I have a cheap Anker for travel and a fancy shmancy contour one at home. I'm pretty happy with it

mostly this.
My carpal tunnels are fine tho, I got one because my hands sweat a lot, and the vertical mouse minimizes the palm surface in direct contact with the table, thus reducing the sweat-induced drag.

Why don't you just hold your mouse vertically and pretend to use it? Anything similarly shaped will do. If it's more comfortable then there you go. It's a fact that it's more comfortable and whoever rejects that is either a moron or just got a weird arm.

I use trackballs myself but if I didn't I'd use a vertical mouse for sure. Of course a reg moue for gaming but you're not gaming 24/7.

or you could use a trackball and not move your wrist or arm at all

Attached: 26-125-107-06.jpg (1280x960, 61K)

I have a Logitech M570 wireless ball moue and it's fantastic.

Attached: logitech-m570-trackball.jpg (720x370, 34K)

Get a trackball

trackball thread

Attached: 71mak3pqX0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 135K)

is this worth the 60+ bucks and 1 month shipping from japan?

No.
Elecoms have very light and scratchy balls.
Get Kensington.

No.
The drivers/software are buggy as fuck

If you never felt real CTS pain, then yes, they may look like a scam. I used crappy, small mice for 10-12 years of my life was in horrible pain, especially in the winter. I switched to more ergonomic peripherals and now they're gone, mostly. A wrist rest for your mouse also does wonders.

A low DPI does more for good ergonomics than any of these dumb meme mice

Nobody uses them because they think they are so cool and hip and invulnerable and using a silly big mouse like that is ridiculous. Then the years go by and the hands start acking and then it’s too late

I can't tell for sure. I don't think that I was even aware that my current setup is not great. Sitting at the desk sucks generally and doesn't make me go and run to the nearest furniture store.

I just want to know if MX Vertical is worth a try. It seems like fadless G603 is better for whatever I do on PC.

>Are vertical mice a scam? If it's supposedly a much better design then how come almost nobody uses them?

That's a fallacy you fucking imbecile

I've got that one and it hurts more than it helps, there's no support for your hand, if you're not grabbing hard or using your arm's strength to hold it, your hand slips down.

They are more expensive and people love gaymen stuff

Ergonomic stuff never get popular because they require very good posture to make use of them, otherwise they're worse than normal peripherals.
The vast majority of people don't even set their monitor at a good viewing position let alone doing things like getting used to a vertical mouse, or a splitted ergo keyboard.

OP I have the MX Vertical from your pic sitting right next to me, got it for my dad. The left-side rest is a bit more raised than I'd like (I've used other vertical mice), but it's very well built and the button placement is ok. If you want a good vertical mice, get this one. It's expensive though.
Pros: It's more comfortable for your hand and wrist.
Cons: It's not as accurate and it might need a bit more strength than a horizontal mouse.

>Why don't you just hold your mouse vertically and pretend to use it?
That's not remotely similar to using a vertical mouse.

>getting used to a vertical mouse
You have no idea what you're talking about.

It is an accessibility mouse.