What, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the fuck?

What, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the fuck?

I was shopping today and snagged a cherry Jolly Rancher out of a candy dish at JC Penney then I get this ad.

I didn't buy it, I didn't mention it on the phone. Just reached over the counter and snagged some candy.

Seriously, this is disconcerting

Attached: jollycherry.jpg (497x580, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-30/google-and-mastercard-cut-a-secret-ad-deal-to-track-retail-sales
sentinelcv.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing to hide nothing to fear.

The coffee ads popping up after I bought some was bad enough but I mean I used my credit card so that's semi-understandable.

But I mean I ate a piece of candy in a store in Bum Fuck Alabama and they knew about it

You agreed to allow the apps to continuously monitor your usage and surroundings when you installed it. See pic for the highlighted permission you granted on an Android device.

Attached: cuckbook.png (1228x947, 45K)

I have a flip phone

Is that ad from your phone?

No, laptop

Seriously, I have an old school flip phone with no apps

The accuracy might have been a coincidence. The phone knew where you were, and probably pulled that candy out of a list that were available.

Cool. Can I have your bank account info?

It wasn't even in a store that sells candy/food

It was a JC Penney

try to isolate it with tests. say key words out loud and have fake convos with friends about unique things. i noticed this before and it fucked with me super hard> tried switching from a iphone 6 to a black berry and ads have become way more random and i have near zero trueman show experiances.

W-why?

It sounds more like a coincidence than actual target advertising. There is no way advertising has gotten so good that they can predict that you'll encounter inside of a store, especially things that aren't even for sale.

You have nothing to fear, so why hide it?

you would have seen the ad either way
in fact by seeing the bag, and by seeing the "special" contents of the bag, you saw and succumbed to advertising, the packing itself is that, that it's on display on the store is that

just since you also bought the thing now you feel a strong sentiment that "they're" watching you

I have something to fear in that case: you can steal my money knowing some info.

He did not even buy it mong. When did this site get filled by people without comprehension. I almost feel like this is Reddit now

Yes goy it’s all a cohencidence

inane shit only deserves half attention

Just goes to show that ads work, even when you don’t remember looking at them.
After buying you get the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, otherwise known as frequency illusion
No big deal.

How many ads do you get that are inaccurate?

A couple of things happen when the Baader-Meinhof (pronounced badder mainhoff) phenomenon kicks in. One, your brain seems to be excited by the fact that you've learned something new, and selective attention occurs. Your brain subconsciously thinks, "Hey, that's awesome! I'm going to look for that thing without actually thinking about it." So now that you're looking for it, you find it. To make it all the more powerful, confirmation bias occurs after seeing it even once or twice. In other words, you start agreeing with yourself that, yup, you're definitely seeing it more.

>OP is a fatass
>buys jolly ranchers all the time
>credit card company tracks the purchase
>grocery store tracks the purchase
>bank tracks the purchase
>hey this fatass likes jolly ranchers lets target jolly rancher ads at him so he buys more
>fatass OP goes to jcpenney and grabs yet another jolly rancher
>sees targeted ad when he gets home
>OMG WTF JCPENNEY

Attached: 1549258844521.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

I thought the botnet meme was just Norman's freaking out. "You know how you say something on the phone and then you get ads on your computer?" I said no, because this hadn't once happened.

Then last week it happened twice. I was texting my mom and she was talking about her Kia, and then I was assblasted with Kia ads. I was on the phone with the dentist office because my gums wouldn't stop bleeding after work I had done, and now I have all these anti bleeding gums toothpaste ads.

I gotta say it's pretty frightening. Any steps I can take? I dont log in to any accounts between the two of them so I dont know how they know.

happened to me with a bottle of wine I was carrying in a store and set back down. Microsoft Outlook Mail > boom > ads for the wine

Attached: deer-god-gets-cookie.jpg (506x274, 18K)

Simple explanation: Facebook knew that an employee who works at that JC Penny bought a bag of Jolly Ranchers, algorithmically determined they were more likely to hand out that candy at their place of work than eat it themselves, and decided to serve JR ads to people who FB tracked as going near that store, betting on the case that customers would be seeing that employees free candy dish.

Brilliant

Your dentist sold your information retard.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-30/google-and-mastercard-cut-a-secret-ad-deal-to-track-retail-sales

>retard user can't read
>makes an absolutely trash post

I think maybe jcpenney and Jr have a little collab and your devic location allowed them to serve you an ad for being at a jcpenney. In my marketing class they said location based ads are the best because you know why and where they are.

I have kind of similar experience but it mostly is coincidence,
I never knew about guy named xahlee I just encountered few xahlee memes in emacs general and just next day 2 of my search results retrieved something on xahlee's website.
I was also dumbfounded because I never even knew he had a website, the moment after I saw the memes and his website popped up. how

The store is probably using face-tracking software, and they probably sell their info in real-time to advertisers. I mean, everyone else is selling private info to advertisers, right? So the shoplifting security Face ID camera saw you get a cherry Jolly Rancher (and saw everything else you were looking at in the store), and was sending that info along.

So now do you realize why “nothing to hide nothing to fear” is a fallacy?

His website is full of random shit so it pops up pretty high for the niche things he covers (Unicode and emacs being big ones). You probably never noticed it before the memes in the results.

All mobile phones are listening devices.
God I hate how mutts look.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out video surveillance archival firms are selling facial recognition and pedestrian tracking data to facebook partners. All they need are video frames. Think of the profits. Welcome to the botnet.

sentinelcv.com

We need to make sure you're not funding terrorists, user. Why are you hesitating?

Happened to me recently
>GF's family came back from England, specifically London
>Spend the night chatting about it
>Next morning open up instagram before getting out of bed
>"Visit London!" ads
MFW

Attached: 1567185339552.gif (500x400, 111K)

It's just a serendipity, a wonderful coincidence, user. Nothing to worry about :)

Attached: 1497241907014.jpg (565x600, 50K)

its a meme you retarded fucking faggot

>mom tells me about a story about blue cars
>start noticing blue cars everywhere
>wow mom must me some kind of wizard

Attached: wojakbrrr.jpg (715x1000, 71K)

You do realize there are cameras in the mannequins, yes?
And the directories.
And of course the free WiFi gives them an idea of where you are / were.

Attached: 4L_6V82bt7p.jpg (920x610, 188K)

>I have a flip phone

Attached: 1567741548333.jpg (720x303, 27K)

>Non-specific detail
Wow this non specific detail is everywhere!
>Op posts about specific detail

How did this even fly over your head?

Attached: 1512325659709.png (866x900, 94K)

settle down there big brain, it was to illustrate a fucking point

He’s an Italian, we hate them too

>He’s an Italian
You really think he looks Italian? Are you blind?

I get shit like this on instagram on my phone, which is the only place I don't have any adblocking (well, except youtube but I get generic ads there).
The craziest one was I went to the shops and picked between two brands of the same type of product and the next day I got ads for the product I bought. I'd never got ads for it before, never since, it was a pretty basic product, I never talked about it or messaged or posted about it anywhere. It felt like I'd been mind probed.

It's called coincidence retard.

Jesus fuck.